Think Positive

metrocard

Legend
If we keep spreading the floor and not be so predictable, we could probably beat most of the NBA .... I like Melo scoring 20 and getting 10 boards, 4-5 assist etc...also, for some reason everything is clicking all of a sudden. Guess the guys were embarrassed

Melo can average 4-5 assist if Felton and Smith hit shots.

metrocard

Legend
Knicks would be in a better condition had we not traded for Carmelo.

Iono.

Gallo and Chandler have been really injury prone.
Mosgov have played good recently, but he has poor stamina and can only play 20 minutes per game.

We traded Felton but got him back for nothing.

Would we even win 54 games last season with a Gallo and Chandler who play 40 games a season?

Chandler played 8 games in 11-12, 43 games in 12-13.
Gallo played 40 games in 11-12, 73 games in 12-13.

Be serious with yourself.

petescud

Starter
Yeah poor defense without Chandler manning the middle, and shots not dropping, as we have no one who drives to the basket enough, spells a lot of loss'

Broadway

All Star
Iono.

Gallo and Chandler have been really injury prone.
Mosgov have played good recently, but he has poor stamina and can only play 20 minutes per game.

We traded Felton but got him back for nothing.

Would we even win 54 games last season with a Gallo and Chandler who play 40 games a season?

Chandler played 8 games in 11-12, 43 games in 12-13.
Gallo played 40 games in 11-12, 73 games in 12-13.

Be serious with yourself.

Yes we would be in a better situation as we would have better options going forward. Namely the picks.

I know you want to do the player comparisons and what not but if you look at the trade and break it down from asset to asset, we could have done much better to put us in a better position.

I'd be more than willing to tangle and tussle with you and breaking down the assets collectively then, in comparison to what we're trying to do with our assets now?

For the record I was still in favor of trading any combination of assets

Gallo/Chandler/Moz/Douglas/Fields/Randolph/Curry/Felton/Jorts/Jordan/Rottens/picks(2 1st(Melo trade) and 8 2nds(Melo/Felton/Camby trades)

All of that was in play prior to and/or after making the Melo trade)

Who cares about the 54win trickeration season. Only maybe you do.

I care about our overall outlook. I'd rather us be a 46-48 peak win team with the ability to make it to an ECF year after year with cap flexibility and assets than to be a FOOL-AID GOLDS team 40 wins 1 year, 54wins the next, 26wins the next, 35 the next, with no cap flexibility, and no assets in the fold.

Let me know when you're game. I can even create a separate thread on it so all fans can get perspective on the value of singular assets.

We're 5-15 now near coma….so look at your self in the mirror and NOT SURE IF SERIOUS(you joker)

Last edited: