Where in the world is Danillo Gallinari?

mafra

Legend
If anyone knows where he is, please tell him to report to lost-&-found. The Knicks are waiting for him to show up.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
he's going through a slump, kinda like how all rookies/sophomores go through during the course of the season, just give em time and he'll come out of it, this could be a good thing for em

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
Rookie wall, plain and simple. In FIBA there's only one or two games a week, in NBA there's a insane number of games in regular season.

He must be physically and mentally exhausted.

Kiyaman

Legend
Gallo has not hit the rookie wall, it's the coach

Why do people keep calling-out Knick players when we have a High School playbook headcoach that have not written up one decent successful offensive play during a time-out in two seasons. We have a headcoach that depends on the players to create on their own.

Gallo production keep decreasing b/c we have a poor developing-headcoach with a brother inlaw coaching-staff that is clueless on the "wear n tear" on a player going through a 82 game season. The big example was not having the proper trainers for Duhon who never recovered from last seasons 44 mpg.

Gallo strength has wore down b/c he was'nt suppose to take on such a big-role of responsibility as a 33 mpg starter, without any easy catch n shoot plays written-up for him on offense, and without a main assignment on defense (man to man or team-defense), everyone been playing out of their natural position except Duhon.

And Knick-Fans holding-on to Dantoni's success with the Phoenix Suns run n gun 7 second plan.....u have to remember Dallas coach Don Nelson running guard tandem of "Finley & Nash", and Phoenix run-run offense with "Kidd & Marion", inwhich Nash & Marion had years of experience in the running-game for 35 mpg in the Western Conference way before they met Dantoni. It would be different if Dantoni was the coach to develope these players run n gun talent vs the Western Conference, but their "team-leadership" was well worth their high expensive contracts the day they met Dantoni.

The above is for all the members who are clueless to the reason why Dantoni is nothing more than a "Celebrity-Coach"...

Red

TYPE-A
Let's see...

a. Rookie Wall

b. At least he's playing defense

c. At least he's rebounding

d. Slump

e. It's the coach

Reading you guy's excuses for this mistake is so funny!

I'm a go with....

HE'S JUST NOT THAT GOOD!

Maybe, just maybe he was good over seas, and he can't hang in the states. Maybe this dude ISN'T A BALLER! Just maybe....

Red

TYPE-A
Yo OG...

Thanks, that sh*t you wrote was hillarious!!

I'm glad to see someone other than me has taken the rose colored glasses off.

The real deal is our FIRST TEAM (Lee, Gallo, Duhon etc) is nothing more than a bench squad.

I've made that same point regarding bball IQ- get the f*ck outta here with that sh*t. Either you know how to play or not. It parallels the whole "he's so articulate" thing when some describe African Americans. Just More weak excuse b.s.

But peep it... you said...

"Areas of focus: he should learn to dribble, post up, to shoot jumpers other than threes, and work on his vertical leap. Either way, he will always be a bust."

O... you mean he needs to learn the game of BASKETBALL! Smfh!

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Let's see...

a. Rookie Wall

d. Slump

e. It's the coach

I'm a go with....

HE'S JUST NOT THAT GOOD!

Maybe, just maybe he was good over seas, and he can't hang in the states. Maybe this dude ISN'T A BALLER! Just maybe....
Gallinari has been dead from the beginning. He looks like an afflicted (with down syndrome) Keanu Reeves.

He needs to stop worrying about applying gel and hairspray and instead start worrying about playing the game of basketball. Areas of focus: he should learn to dribble, post up, to shoot jumpers other than exclusively chucking up threes, and work on his vertical leap. Either way, he will always be a bust because he was chosen over much better talent, at his and his Godfather's nepotistic insistence.

And these enablers on this site were told, by me, when I was the sole person saying so, in the summer of '08, that this guy was limited: he has very limited mobility, can't jump or run well (evident in what I saw from him in a few Euroleague games I saw him in), has poor lateral movement, as a result is easy to drive against, and lacks the dexterity and body manipulation necessary to score well inside. It was always obvious, to those not related to him, that he couldn't hang, at the fantasized levels of play being talked about, against the best in the world, in the NBA.

I think, if you saw Brook play in Stanford, his skill was obvious; and people in the know were saying he was one of the only NBA ready players in the draft, while Gallo was an admitted project, according to many analysts. Furthermore, objective, nuts and bolts people, were saying Gallo lacked foot-speed, post up skills, agility, and was prone to make awkward movements on the court. Again, Gallo was a project.

Why we didn't get Brook, the sure thing, as opposed to a project, comes down to D'Antoni. Media people have said we ended up with Hill, similarly, because of his poor decision-making: D'Antoni wanted Hill, instead of Jennings. Why did we end up with Duhon? D'Antoni spoke to Duke coaching staff who recommended Duhon, and he committed two seasons to him. Why did D'Antoni want Gallo? Blood is thicker than water. It's time Donnie start making all player acquisition decisions based on his own judgment.

Now, the Gallosexuals are backpedaling like I don't know what, grasping at straws for excuses, trying to protect their weak egos. "Gallo is really in his rookie year." No, he's not: rookies don't spend nearly two years in practice, talking to NBA head coaches and actually playing with NBA pros 28 or whatever games he played in 08-09, not to mention pre-season the numerous games he started in. And your unforgettable claims that he was "already playing with pros" in Italy contradicts you all, in that regard. Gallo has court-vision and IQ? That's just racist rhetoric used when referring to White players of all sorts. If you don't believe me, go over to the worship Darko thread. Milicic, according to some of the same people here, has court vision and IQ. Come on, now! The guy stinks, has no intelligence on the court, and this has been evident throughout his career: the minute he starts stinking up the court, he gets benched.

And Gallinari has no basketball IQ, except for in your wet dreams. Why do you even think he has this high basketball IQ? Because you see him yelling intelligible crap at teammates during games? You believe he's spouting the quantum physics of basketball at them? Is it because someone told you so: "Gallo is a basketball genius." You cockphiles are a joke, more than anything because you don't give up on your pipe dreams, in the face of a mountain of evidence that the guy is done.

Some of you fools were talking about Gallo running point, averaging 2 blocks and 20 points: NEVER!

Gallinari fantasy, RIP.

Frank Isola details D'antoni's bumbling and stumbling with roster decisions, here:

In the words of Nate [as directed toward D'Antoni]: "go **** yourself."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2010/02/knicks-giving-duhon-the-marbur.html

Excerpts:

"He showed great loyalty toward Duhon, probably to the detriment of the team. It was Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski who encouraged D'Antoni to sign Duhon prior to the 2008-09 season and it's obvious that the decision was a poor one."

"Over the summer, D'Antoni wasn't thrilled by the idea of the Knicks pursuing free agent Andre Miller and he had no interest in signing Jayson Williams and Jamaal Tinsley, two point guards that worked out for the club. Also, D'Antoni favored Jordan Hill over Brandon Jennings in the draft."

"Over the summer, D'Antoni wasn't thrilled by the idea of the Knicks pursuing free agent Andre Miller and he had no interest in signing Jayson Williams and Jamaal Tinsley, two point guards that worked out for the club. Also, D'Antoni favored Jordan Hill over Brandon Jennings in the draft."

Maybe he (Gallo) can go into bad acting...

keanu-reeves-7.jpg

nyk_nyk

All Star
Let's see...

a. Rookie Wall

d. Slump

e. It's the coach

I'm a go with....

HE'S JUST NOT THAT GOOD!

Exactly!

Gallo is a ONE-DIMENSIONAL PLAYER! In this league, if you simply hang out on the perimeter then you will never be more than a role playing spot shooter.

I have to give partial blame to Dantoni as well since its his job to help put Gallo in a position to improve. At least Thomas was smart enough to do it with Curry and by doing so he was on his was to being an all-star before the eating and injuries kicked in.

Paul1355

All Star
Gallo has to take it upon himself to be more then a one dimensional outside shooter...these players in the NBA are not all stars because a coach makes them one...they are determined to be one of the best.

Gallo is not determined to be anything better than what he is now. He prob feels like he is playing his role and thats fine, he has to realize that this team needs him to play 100% aggressive, focused and to have confidence like he did in Italy and in the start of this year.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If anyone knows where he is, please tell him to report to lost-&-found. The Knicks are waiting for him to show up.

:lol: Co-sign
Gallinari is completely breaking down.

I knew he was not worthy of the #6 pick, the minute the Knicks got him.

The Knicks should have gotten a center.

Even though Brook Lopez was clearly the best available center in the draft, I would not have been as upset if Walsh would have gotten Roy Hibbert, Robin Lopez, or Jason Thompson. I would have given Walsh credit for at least trying to get a center. But drafting Gallinari when the Knicks already had 4 other small forwards at the time(Wilson Chandler, Renaldo Balkman, Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries) was inexcusable.

Good find, OGKnickfan. The fact that Mike D'Antoni didn't want Andre Miller yet was getting an orgasm for Chris Duhomo(no homo) shows how stupid he really is.

I think D'Antoni was listening to Killa Cam, when he passed up on Miller.
"i'm Killa, you Andre Miller - got a basic game"
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Cookin'-Up-lyrics-Cam'ron/7EBDAF91E02C766D482575D70024EDC5

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallinari

I have been an ever hopeful supporter of Gallinari and his potential. He has profoundly disappointed me.

I am becoming convinced that he has been overrated and is condemned to role player status by a lack of athleticism. His movements are too labored and too slow.

But I also believe that the role D'Antoni has assigned to him is not helping. Gallinari gets very few passes from anyone. To some extent this follows from his placement on the floor -- off in one of te corners. It seems his job is to open up the middle by drawing one of the defenders to his corner. His corner shot is worse than any place else on the floor.

His shooting has been terrible lately, even his foul shots. Last year he took a total of 28 free throws and made all but one of them. He has been missing a lot this year.

He has to get stronger. He has to improve his handle. He has to shoot off the dribble and on the move. He has to develop a post up game. He is only 21, but he has a lot to do quickly.

Brook Lopez and Brandon Jennings would have been nice.

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
I think the kid has reached the rookie wall and he will be a great roleplayer. I understand and I agree he's not worth the pick he was. But end of the history IMHO. He's 21 years old...has his entire career to improve.

Brook Lopez would have been very cool...but Jennings? He's not that good at all. Since he got scouted after the 55 point game he has done nothing.

iSaYughh

Starter
Gallo is going to be great for this team. Next year = break out. Book it.

17-18ppg, 6rb, 3dishes, 1stl, 1b, 400% 3pt

His 3pt touch is undeniable and rare for a player of his size; his defensive wizardry has at times been unrivaled by any other Knick player this entire season; his slashing prowess has looked phenomenal when D'Ant has had the brains to draw up decent plays or Dudonkey wasn't chucking and actually dishing; he is extremely young. He was a project who is in the works of becoming a stud.

The hate or the white cock is astounding at times on this site.

Lopez (obv) >>>>> Gallo, but smfh, give things a little time and allow this team to become a team this OS and allow Gallo to gel with it.

jimkcchief88

All Star
OG you weren't the only one to say Gallo was overrated. I had a big debate with Metrosexual(insults and all) about how Gallo was a nepotism pick and a project. Look it up. That being said, we must remember he is still a very young player and feeling the weight of being the "face" of the franchise(which is ridiculous).

Was he worthy of being a top ten draft pick??? Hell no. But can he be a servicable player for the future??? Sure why not. If he can turn into a poor man's Toni Krukoc, I will be happy. Perhaps once we bring in some quality free-agents, Gallo can come off the bench and settle into some lesser role. He is still a young player and as long as Gallo can stay healthy, we might as well try and turn that lemon into lemonade.

mafra

Legend
It's so cruel you can only laugh: 2008 draft had plenty of centers and the 2009 draft had plenty of PGs.... yet here we are heading towards 2010 with no C or PG. Wow.

We also knoew we needed to HIT on both lottery picks, so we could attract free agents.... What do we do? We draft TWO projects.

Sure, Walsh had his heart set on Westbrook ('08) & Evans ('09). Thems the breaks, right? Just funny how the ping balls betrayed us last 2 drafts, and watch them go our way this year (yeah Utah).

Anyway... I hear what people are saying about Lopez. BUT, when we hired D'ant... that pick wouldn't have fit the system. To me, Eric Gordon was the NO-BRAINER.

To me, EG would have been PERFECT. He would be like a bull-version of Steve Nash. He is strong (NBA body), has a motor and can hit the 3. The "knock" on him (we heard) was his passing. Please.... Dude is tough, competitive and COULD BE TAUGHT to pass more. Not like he doesn't have court vision.

After watching the playoffs last year, I have to admit that a player like Gallo became more valuable. A BIG point fwd who count nail the 3. BUT, drafting a project WITH BACK TROUBLE, well that equals suicide.

Gallo can shoot (can he in the clutch though); but I fear he'll never be mobile enough to be a point fwd. Sure, you see flashes. BUT, he has no moves. He cannot create offense unless the defender bites on a pump fake. Not a great dribbler. Forget visions of Odom... Gallo wont be taking ball up the court.

ANYWAY.... it's the Hill pick that really annoys me. We already went with a project in 2008... We had to get the sure thing. I know it's a risk (I said guys like Williams & Henderson could be options)... But the Hill pick was awful. Jennings, Lawson.... That Borbeuix (whatever) in Dallas.... a bunch of PGs out there.

Then again....we were going to have to trade this pick anyway to dump Jeffries- so why bother crying.

Newbie here and self-proclaimed Gallo fan.. But isn't this exactly how Nowitzki looked in his early years.......He would camp out on the 3pt line and chuck away. And was thought to be too soft and would always be a finesse player. Over time with more maturity and the want to be a better post-up player and with better talent around him, he turned into a beast (well semi-beast) still looks crazy with his fall away instead of going to the hole on the regular. Point is, I think Gallo just needs time and more importantly the heart to want to get better. If we get some hard-core vets to push him, I think his potential is Great!

Thoughts....

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Keep in mind that Gallo is, for all intents and purposes, a rookie.

Dirk's rookie season?

8.2 PPG on 40.5% shooting, a 77.3 FT%, no rebounding or 3 point shooting ability to speak of. Look at where he is now.

Not saying that Gallo WON'T be a bust - but he's doing better than Dirk was his rookie season