Far in the future...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Rubio?
Kyrie Irving?
Both?

Melo, Chandler, Smith, Kidd (yup) still on the team.

You get it. Bring your ideas.

Edit: Shump of course.

Last edited:

Rob Low

Rotation player
Love is not happy in MN, after next season trade Amare's expiring contact along with Novak and some picks. Re-sign Melo,Tyson, and Shump, sign a decent veteran PG.

metrocard

Legend
Rubio or Irving would be marvelous options, but their health issues will always concern me on some Penny Hardaway type ish.

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
Rubio or Irving would be marvelous options, but their health issues will always concern me on some Penny Hardaway type ish.

I think either would be great. Personally I would rather have Irving. Damn, why couldn't Nash sign with us.

deamon

Benchwarmer
Nash? Guy can't play defense, but would be good duo with Kidd, definitely better than Felton.

knicksin60

Starter
I wish I could look into the far future but Amar'e Stoudemire doesn't allow me to. His contract alone has been haunting the Knicks since they negotiated it. By the time Amar'e's contract expires Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler will be a step slower and there will be more attractive destinations for free agents.

bigapple

Starter
dont even compare Rubio to Irving

Rubio is FIBA player Irving is atleticism and he scored over 40 @ MSG

ricky just few layups

both after strong injuries.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Agree, I'd love to have Kyrie here more than Ricky, interesting though, alot of our contracts will end at an interesting time, we're in our 3 years to win with current core, but when that's over we could really retool with guys like Irving, Rubio and Love as mentioned, but impossible to predict, depends what happens in next three years, who wants to play here, who extends with current squad, etc

metrocard

Legend
dont even compare Rubio to Irving

Rubio is FIBA player Irving is atleticism and he scored over 40 @ MSG

ricky just few layups

both after strong injuries.

Irving is more skill over athleticism, he's not a fast PG, but utilizes changing pass and elite footwork to beat his man. Westbrook is athletic.

Rubio has elite PG potential, he's a better passer, floor general and defender than Irving, but Irving is better overall and can improve on his passing and defense.

Jinki?s

Rookie
After CP3, Irving my next favorite PG option for the Knicks. It's a way down the road but I would love to see it some day.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I think either would be great. Personally I would rather have Irving. Damn, why couldn't Nash sign with us.

You realize Kidd is outplaying Nash by a long **** right? And he's costing us 1/4th of what Nash would've; not to mention they wanted Shumpert for Nash. No thank you

bigapple

Starter
This is blasphemy. Rubio is an amazing player on both ends of the court.

then u are watching NBA only

Rubio is FIBA and FIBA is not playing daily and they got euroleague only

i change Rubio for Lawson.

Knicks dont have waiter players like Parker like Rondo they got for short time Lin.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I really believe we should build around a younger team with a lot of potential as opposed to resigning our current core. All for Melo coming back if he will accept something under 15M/Yr but I want us to go after some of the young and upcoming prospects.

I do want Shump coming back if he continue's to develop on both ends but for gods sake let's not give him a godawful Allan Houston type contract.

As much as I would love to go after Rubio or Irving both of them will warrant maxed out contracts and Rubio's lack of offensive game and Irving's lack of defense throws potential red flags. Still early in their development sure, but if this doesn't change I want to build a team around a core of 2 way players...

I would love to see us go after Eric Bledsoe either as a starting PG (with a good veteran as his back up) or a combo guard off the bench as our 6th man. Good 2 way player who can do it all. Can fill it up, create turnovers with his quick hands and get up and block shots. With CP3 probably staying in LA he won't get the minutes he deserves and while still being relatively young we could probably get him for around 8-10M/Yr.

Obviously would like to see Shumpert back around the 7-10M/yr deal depending on his progression. This sort of leaves JR Smith in the dark but it's hard to tell because he may receive a big offer at this seasons end.

As for the front court im happy for Melo to come back on a reasonable deal but probably wouldn't want anything more than 3 years. Defense, rebounding & shotblocking need to be the name of the game for our PF/C rotations. Post scoring is needed too, but i'm so ****ing over get out rebounded every game and opposition guards penetrating at will.

Chandler can come back as a back up C for a fair price but I really want youth, athleticism and energy in our power forward and center spots. Players like Larry Sanders and Bismack Biyombo, althought very raw, are starting to catch my eye as they never take a play off and have the length to bother nearly every shot. Combine this with our 'fantasy' back court with solid perimeter defense and we have a very formidable team defensively with a scoring star (Melo) and decent back court offensive players.

So in summary:

Backcourt of

PG: Bledsoe/Veteran
SG: Shump/3pt sniper
SF: Melo
PF/C: Larry Sanders/Drummond/Biyombo/Faried (scoring boost)

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I really believe we should build around a younger team with a lot of potential as opposed to resigning our current core. All for Melo coming back if he will accept something under 15M/Yr but I want us to go after some of the young and upcoming prospects.

I do want Shump coming back if he continue's to develop on both ends but for gods sake let's not give him a godawful Allan Houston type contract.

As much as I would love to go after Rubio or Irving both of them will warrant maxed out contracts and Rubio's lack of offensive game and Irving's lack of defense throws potential red flags. Still early in their development sure, but if this doesn't change I want to build a team around a core of 2 way players...

I would love to see us go after Eric Bledsoe either as a starting PG (with a good veteran as his back up) or a combo guard off the bench as our 6th man. Good 2 way player who can do it all. Can fill it up, create turnovers with his quick hands and get up and block shots. With CP3 probably staying in LA he won't get the minutes he deserves and while still being relatively young we could probably get him for around 8-10M/Yr.

Obviously would like to see Shumpert back around the 7-10M/yr deal depending on his progression. This sort of leaves JR Smith in the dark but it's hard to tell because he may receive a big offer at this seasons end.

As for the front court im happy for Melo to come back on a reasonable deal but probably wouldn't want anything more than 3 years. Defense, rebounding & shotblocking need to be the name of the game for our PF/C rotations. Post scoring is needed too, but i'm so ****ing over get out rebounded every game and opposition guards penetrating at will.

Chandler can come back as a back up C for a fair price but I really want youth, athleticism and energy in our power forward and center spots. Players like Larry Sanders and Bismack Biyombo, althought very raw, are starting to catch my eye as they never take a play off and have the length to bother nearly every shot. Combine this with our 'fantasy' back court with solid perimeter defense and we have a very formidable team defensively with a scoring star (Melo) and decent back court offensive players.

So in summary:

Backcourt of

PG: Bledsoe/Veteran
SG: Shump/3pt sniper
SF: Melo
PF/C: Larry Sanders/Drummond/Biyombo/Faried (scoring boost)
I pretty much agree with going for youth outside of Melo. I haven't followed Sanders and Bismack Biyombo. Only veteran I see being a good investment for a few million dollars is David Lee. His game isn't based on athleticism and won't be that old. Still, go for youth and defense first as long as it keeps the Knicks as contenders at least after the first season of meshing. Melo has to have a team to compete otherwise it'd be pointless signing him in terms of winning.

Rubio has amazing offense and great defense. Assists count as offense, and he does it greatly. Who knows, he might turn out to be a solid scorer.

Shumpert will and deserve the max. He's going to the be the best shooting guard since Allen Iverson.

Edit: Chandler and J.R. would be a good signing as well.

Last edited: