Broadway

All Star
Shane Larkin is probably part of this deal too

Per Marc Stein Twitter

We need a Twitter embed feature for posting

Last edited:

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
I like the deal, I think we get a 2nd round pick also. I would have traded you Chandler for JC and Dalembert straight up but to get those other assets is a great deal IMO.

This could be stage one for another deal besides Shumpert... As much as I think Larkin has potential, Calderon and Ellington could be used as assets to move the likes of Stoudemire or Bargnani... Dalembert sticks with us being that his deal is $3.8 M this year upcoming is a team option... If by chance this is a short term fix, to start changing the dynamic and P.J. doesn't make any other moves, it is a step in the right direction...

skisloper

Starter
In proposed deal, Dallas would send the Knicks its 2014 second round picks: Nos. 34 and 51, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Calderon has a pretty huge deal of 6 plus million a year,,,,,,,I guess he is the PG for the next 2 or 3 years..........
Maybe a 3rd team and Larkin and Shump together get us a 1st rounder...

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Calderon has a pretty huge deal of 6 plus million a year,,,,,,,I guess he is the PG for the next 2 or 3 years..........
Maybe a 3rd team and Larkin and Shump together get us a 1st rounder...

Two teams are reportedly interested in offering a 1st round for Shumpert but like this deal Phil Jackson is probably trying to force them to take another player, so acquiring 2nd round pick(s) for Tyson & Felton along with combo guard Ellington and Prospect Larkin could be utilized to get more than just one 1st round from a team like Phoenix Suns or OKC Thunder which both have more than one... The Suns have the cap space to take on a contract or two, while OKC would have to move Perkins then might want to acquire Dalembert if P.J. owns negotiations as he is doing with the Mavericks... Preferably would like the 18th & 27th from the Suns...

Broadway

All Star
I like the fact we got those picks in tomorrow's draft. Dollar's to Donuts Chumpert gets traded to OKC for a first rounder one of those picks may be coupled with it to get higher in the first round.

Appears Phil is trying to make sure he gets one of those guys we worked out this summer. He wasn't going to be able to buy into this draft otherwise therefore had to make this trade taking on approximately $5mil additional salary for 2015. If you look at it from a basic fiscal fundamental perspective....picks 34 and 51 cost us $5mil dollars although Phil trims the payroll lowering overall cap(2014-2015) to lessen the Tax hit. He may have even put money back in Dolan's pockets with such tax relief since we were a repeater rate($3.25 for every dollar over) team.

Phil did a good job covering all his bases here. This is somewhat similar to the kind of deals Philly did at the deadline this past season. These are the deals you have to make. Make no mistake about it we are going to suck next year.

Last edited:

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
I like the fact we got those picks in tomorrow's draft. Dollar's to Donuts Chumpert gets traded to OKC for a first rounder one of those picks may be coupled with it to get higher in the first round.

Appears Phil is trying to make sure he gets one of those guys we worked out this summer. He wasn't going to be able to buy into this draft otherwise therefore had to make this trade taking on approximately $5mil additional salary for 2015. If you look at it from a basic fiscal fundamental perspective....picks 34 and 51 cost us $5mil dollars although Phil trims the payroll lowering overall cap to lessen the Tax hit. He may have even put money back in Dolan's pockets with such tax relief since we were a repeater rate team.

Phil did a good job covering all his bases here. This is somewhat similar to the kind of deals Philly did at the deadline this past season. These are the deals you have to make. Make no mistake about it we are going to suck next year.

I actually think there is more to play here than just the Mavericks deal...

In fact just found out the Knicks' Brass is already trying to move Dalembert & Larkin...

CoolClyde

for a first player move, you gotta hand it to Phil, job well done. didn't see/hear about the two 2nd rounders until it happened, could be key to trading up for 1st rounder. rumors are Knicks will buy out Dalembert, don't see why, the guy was a starting center, and Knicks just traded away starting center. other than Calderon, i have a feeling everyone in this deal is trade bait to be turned over for better value.

sorry to see Chandler go, although his twigs are tired as hell, and I am happy as f*ck-all to see Failton go!! later fat tater!

this is exciting! go Phil!

petescud

Starter
Yeah, Felton and Chandler are getting up in years, so they won't play 82 games for dallas. A younger group, and like someone said, most likely Calderon and dalembert are probably the only pieces staying put

I love this trade. I love that it means we don't have to watch another season of Chandler and Felton, when we already knew neither of them should be part of this team's future. I love how this also shows that PJ came to play as a GM. This is no lazy move here, this took some maneuvering to get the deal that we got, in particular, a starting caliber PG point guard in Calderon who Nash just said is perfect to run the triangle (yeah, Calderon's defense is trash, but so was Felton's). Maybe the best part is that there seems to be some more big things to come. Imagine we deal Melo for 24 year old scoring stud Harden or we package something to get us into the middle of the 1st round in the draft. I can't remember the last time I was excited to see what moves our front office was going to make next, instead of dreading them. Let's go Knicks!

Oh, and the best to Tyson Chandler in Dallas. He had one great season for us (DPOY) and he was one of the better human beings we ever had on our roster. This last season was just a mess. Bon voyage Felton, this second stint with us was kinda trash, but we'll always have that great half season you played with STAT before the Melo trade, you knucklehead.

CoolClyde

I love this trade. I love that it means we don't have to watch another season of Chandler and Felton, when we already knew neither of them should be part of this team's future. I love how this also shows that PJ came to play as a GM. This is no lazy move here, this took some maneuvering to get the deal that we got, in particular, a starting caliber PG point guard in Calderon who Nash just said is perfect to run the triangle (yeah, Calderon's defense is trash, but so was Felton's). Maybe the best part is that there seems to be some more big things to come. Imagine we deal Melo for 24 year old scoring stud Harden or we package something to get us into the middle of the 1st round in the draft. I can't remember the last time I was excited to see what moves our front office was going to make next, instead of dreading them. Let's go Knicks!

Oh, and the best to Tyson Chandler in Dallas. He had one great season for us (DPOY) and he was one of the better human beings we ever had on our roster. This last season was just a mess. Bon voyage Felton, this second stint with us was kinda trash, but we'll always have that great half season you played with STAT before the Melo trade, you knucklehead.

agreed on all points. i'd give you rep but somehow i haven't spread it around enough... does anyone really care about rep anymore?

rep this! 8=======D