Political Report

Paul1355

All Star
Rasmussen, a guy who predicted that Sarah Palin would be the VP of John McCain which is a guess that few only could make correct, made a report about Obama and Palin.

Take in fact that Obama is running for President and Palin is only running for Vice President.

51% of the country voted that the Media is trying to help Barack Obama become President. Showing the proof of my explanation of stations like MSNBC who attack Republicans on non-political issues and make Obama out to be some Saint, or Apollo with the Greek Columns he had at the Democratic National Convention, that even made me laugh.

49% of the country voted that Sarah Palin was more experienced than Barack Obama, and we haven't even seen a debate yet, well Democrats it looks like Experience is hitting you harder than ever. And the Republican VP is turning out a stronger candidate than your Presidential nominee. Are you still asking how she will be ready to lead a country in case McCain, god for bid, passes away? Half this country thinks that she is just as qualified as your President.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
You'll see a debate, soon enough: Palin and McCain will have their butts handed to them, very soon: no speech writers, neutral crowds, the need for intelligence= the Republican ticket will get destroyed in the wash.

This is coming from a non-democrat, by the way. I don't like any party, whether Republican, Democrat, Independent, etc., etc. I think common sense should come ahead of party principles. I just don't want another Republican president in office, after what I saw with Bush. Forgive me if I fear a Republican doing the same thing that other Republicans have done... it's crazy, I know.

Paul1355

All Star
You'll see a debate, soon enough: Palin and McCain will have their butts handed to them, very soon: no speech writers, neutral crowds, the need for intelligence= the Republican ticket will get destroyed in the wash.

This is coming from a non-democrat, by the way. I don't like any party, whether Republican, Democrat, Independent, etc., etc. I think common sense should come ahead of party principles. I just don't want another Republican president in office, after what I saw with Bush. Forgive me if I fear a Republican doing the same thing that other Republicans have done... it's crazy, I know.

the debates will be interesting. I'm eager to see if Palin can debate well enough and surprise some people but the main thing is McCain. If he can beat Obama in a debate then it will swing many independants his way.

jpz17

Starter
Rasmussen, a guy who predicted that Sarah Palin would be the VP of John McCain which is a guess that few only could make correct, made a report about Obama and Palin.

Take in fact that Obama is running for President and Palin is only running for Vice President.

51% of the country voted that the Media is trying to help Barack Obama become President. Showing the proof of my explanation of stations like MSNBC who attack Republicans on non-political issues and make Obama out to be some Saint, or Apollo with the Greek Columns he had at the Democratic National Convention, that even made me laugh.

49% of the country voted that Sarah Palin was more experienced than Barack Obama, and we haven't even seen a debate yet, well Democrats it looks like Experience is hitting you harder than ever. And the Republican VP is turning out a stronger candidate than your Presidential nominee. Are you still asking how she will be ready to lead a country in case McCain, god for bid, passes away? Half this country thinks that she is just as qualified as your President.

What about this stat, 76% of America is angry at the GOP for the last 8 years

jpz17

Starter
just because McCain fought in a war doesn't mean hes experienced to be president. In fact, McCain really didn't have much a choice whether to stay in Viet or not. I know he was asked if to leave, but things wouldn't have worked out good if he did, well, for his name at least.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Paul's argument about experience is weak.

Hillary Clinton had more experience than Obama. And who won? Obama. So I guess the public wants more than just experience.

John McCain is corrupt; all he cares about is wars and power. He even said that he wants to stay in Iraq for 100 years, and he said that he would be willing to fight Iran. McCain should change his name to WarCain.

I'm not going to get involved in any debates, since everything that I posted is true. McCain is corrupt, and if that upsets anybody, that's their problem.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Paul's argument about experience is weak.

Hillary Clinton had more experience than Obama. And who won? Obama. So I guess the public wants more than just experience.

John McCain is corrupt; all he cares about is wars and power. He even said that he wants to stay in Iraq for 100 years, and he said that he would be willing to fight Iran. McCain should change his name to WarCain.

I'm not going to get involved in any debates, since everything that I posted is true. McCain is corrupt, and if that upsets anybody, that's their problem.

I'm not going to debate you, just that I agree with you that Clinton had more experience than Obama which is why I am surprised Obama is the Democratic nominee. It's between McCain and Obama, not Clinton anymore, even though her voters still make a huge difference.

And you have no proof that my experience argument is weak when almost half of America thinks that the Republican VP has more experience than the Democratic Presidental nominee. And I still have yet a person to tell me what Barack Obama has done to show that he can be a good president.

Paul1355

All Star
And you have no proof that my experience argument is weak when almost half of America thinks that the Republican VP has more experience than the Democratic Presidental nominee.
Bill Clinton defeated George H. Bush. Bill Clinton defeated Bob Dole.
Barack Obama defeated Hillary Clinton.

There's my proof.

My experience argument was that the Republican VP nominee has more experience than the Democratic Presidential nominee. i agree with you that people don't take experience more seriously, if they did, they wouldn't vote for Barack Obama at all. But they should take it seriously because it is completely one sided. That was my argument. if yours was that people dont care about experience, then yea, democrats dont care. That's why Bill Clinton was president and Barack is the nominee.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Paul, you need to admit when you're wrong. Your argument is very weak.

VP nominee Joe Biden has more political experience than Republican Presidential nominee John McCain.

Biden's POLITICAL experience(not military experience): 1970-2008
McCain's POLITICAL experience(not military experience): 1983-2008

Does that mean that Obama is going to win by a landslide?

And please don't bring up John McCain's experience in Vietnam, because that has nothing to do with being in the Senate, House of Representatives, Congress, City Council, etc.

This is the last post that I will make on this thread. I'm simply presenting facts.

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
owned.bmp

Paul1355

All Star
Paul, you need to admit when you're wrong. Your argument is very weak.

VP nominee Joe Biden has more political experience than Republican Presidential nominee John McCain.

Biden's POLITICAL experience(not military experience): 1970-2008
McCain's POLITICAL experience(not military experience): 1983-2008

Does that mean that Obama is going to win by a landslide?

And please don't bring up John McCain's experience in Vietnam, because that has nothing to do with being in the Senate, House of Representatives, Congress, City Council, etc.

This is the last post that I will make on this thread. I'm simply presenting facts.

That wasn't my argument.

But what has Biden accomplished? And what has Obama accomplished? That is part of the experience category.

And BTW, being in the military is part of experience, his stories show character of bravery and never giving up and never leaving your men behind. That gave him the attitude to support the Surge which was a success and he helped persuade some Democrats into agreeing with him, he is a reformer.
McCain has accomplishments. Barack...no. Biden...known to be an expert on foreign policy...how? He was against the Surge, there is some expertise for you. Especially since more people think McCain can do better on Foreign Policy. Palin....yes to experience, i have explained it before.

Biden might have more years but has rarely any accomplishments. McCain has accomplishments and Palin also does even though she's only been a Mayor and Governor.

I don't want to get deep in this, but when it comes to experience the Republicans win this one due to the accomplishments, not the years in Senate. This is why Palin rates over Obama, because of accomplishments.

Then you have to look at their views and what they have said overtime. That shows if they can lead a country responsibly and honestly, and that's what AMerica is voting for right now, more of views and quotes than experience.

TunerAddict

Starter
Can you answer my question first?

If not, just say you can't and i'll go to the McCain accomplishments.

As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Obama made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. In August 2005, he traveled to Russia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan. The trip focused on strategies to control the world's supply of conventional weapons, biological weapons, and weapons of mass destruction as a first defense against potential terrorist attacks.<61>

Following meetings with U.S. military in Kuwait and Iraq in January 2006, Obama visited Jordan, Israel, and the Palestinian territories.

He left for his third official trip in August 2006, traveling to South Africa, Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Chad. In a nationally televised speech at the University of Nairobi, he spoke forcefully on the influence of ethnic rivalries and corruption in Kenya.

Obama worked with Russ Feingold (D?WI) to eliminate gifts of travel on corporate jets by lobbyists to members of Congress and require disclosure of bundled campaign contributions under the "Honest Leadership and Open Government Act", which was signed into law in September 2007.

He joined Chuck Schumer (D-NY) in sponsoring S. 453, a bill to criminalize deceptive practices in federal elections, including fraudulent flyers and automated phone calls, as witnessed in the 2006 midterm elections.

Obama also introduced the "Iraq War De-Escalation Act", a bill to cap troop levels in Iraq, begin phased redeployment, and remove all combat brigades from Iraq before April 2008.<68>

Later in 2007, Obama sponsored with Kit Bond (R-MO) an amendment to the 2008 Defense Authorization Act adding safeguards for personality disorder military discharges, and calling for a review by the Government Accountability Office following reports that the procedure had been used inappropriately to reduce government costs.

joined Chuck Hagel (R-NE) in introducing legislation to reduce risks of nuclear terrorism.A provision from the Obama-Hagel bill was passed by Congress in December 2007 as an amendment to the State-Foreign Operations appropriations bill.

Obama also sponsored a Senate amendment to the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) to provide one year of job protection for family members caring for soldiers with combat-related injuries. After passing both houses of Congress with bipartisan majorities, SCHIP was vetoed by President Bush in early October 2007, a move Obama said "shows a callousness of priorities that is offensive to the ideals we hold as Americans."
THESE ARE BARACK'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN THE U.S. SENATE TO DATE:

** First legislation, the HOPE Act, which increased Pell Grants to $5100, and later joined Senator Kennedy on the Higher Education legislation that passed July 20, by a vote of 78-18. That legislation also included funding for Predominantly Black Colleges to assist with counseling, tutoring and other needs of low income students. It also creates the Teaching Residency Act which will create a school-based teacher preparation program in high needs schools to provide each teacher with a mentor, content instruction, classroom management skills, a master?s degree and state certification, and a 2 year follow-up program.

**The Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006
is an act that requires the full disclosure of all entities or organizations receiving federal funds beginning in fiscal year (FY) 2007 on a website maintained by the Office of Management and Budget.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Funding_Accountabi...

**The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act
Authored by U.S. Sens. Dick Lugar (R-IN) and Barack Obama (D-IL), the Lugar-Obama initiative expands U.S. cooperation to destroy conventional weapons. It also expands the State Department's ability to detect and interdict weapons and materials of mass destruction.
Signed into Law on January 11, 2007.
http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/chrisblas...

**The 2007 Government Ethics Bill
http://www.rollcall.com/issues/53_17/news/19664-1.html?...
http://www.commonblog.com/story/2007/9/14/164837/331

** The ?Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s109-2125

** S116 - Summer Learning demonstration project to provide summer learning grants and encourage new teaching methods.
http://www.pasesetter.org/demonstrationPrograms/nasd.ht...

and this one, moved out of committee just a few days ago:
Obama's Global Poverty Act of 2007, passed out of committee just a few days ago
WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senators Barack Obama (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), and Maria Cantwell (D-WA) and Congressman Adam Smith (D-WA) today hailed the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's passage of the Global Poverty Act (S.2433), which requires the President to develop and implement a comprehensive policy to cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015 through aid, trade, debt relief, and coordination with the international community, businesses and NGOs. This legislation was introduced in December. Smith and Congressman Spencer Bachus (R-AL) sponsored the House version of the bill (H.R. 1302), which passed the House last September.
http://obama.senate.gov /

Amendments, that have all passed:

S.Amdt.159 to S.Con.Res.18 - To prevent and, if necessary, respond to an international outbreak of the avian flu.

S.Amdt.390 to H.R.1268 - To provide meal and telephone benefits for members of the Armed Forces who are recuperating from injuries incurred on active duty in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom.

S.Amdt.670 to H.R.3 - To provide for Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) refueling capability at new and existing refueling station facilities to promote energy security and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.

S.Amdt.808 to H.R.6 - To establish a program to develop Fischer-Tropsch transportation fuels from Illinois basin coal.

S.Amdt.851 to H.R.6 - To require the Secretary to establish a Joint Flexible Fuel/Hybrid Vehicle Commercialization Initiative, and for other purposes.

S.Amdt.1362 to S.1042 - To require a report on the Department of Defense Composite Health Care System II.

S.Amdt.1453 to S.1402 - To ensure the protection of military and civilian personnel in the Department of Defense from an influenza pandemic, including an avian influenza pandemic.

S.Amdt.2301 to H.R.3010 - To increase funds to the Thurgood Marshall Legal Educational Opportunity Program and to the Office of Special Education Programs of the Department of Education for the purposes of expanding positive behavioral interventions and supports.

S.Amdt.2605 to S.2020 - Expressing the sense of the Senate that the Federal Emergency Management Agency should immediately address issues relating to no-bid contracting.

S.Amdt.2930 to S.2349 - To clarify that availability of legislation does not include nonbusiness days.
S.Amdt.3144 to S.Con.Res.83 - To provide a $40 million increase in FY 2007 for the Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program and to improve job services for hard-to-place veterans

S. Amdt 41 to S. 1 To require lobbyists to disclose the candidates, leadership PACs, or political parties for whom they collect or arrange contributions, and the aggregate amount of the contributions collected or arranged.

----------------------------------------------

Barack has Written a total of 890 Bills and Co-sponsored Another 1096 since he started serving in the U.S. Senate.

Oh, and these aren't counting his work in the Illinois State Senate either.....

pat

Starter
As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Obama made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. In August 2005, he traveled to Russia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan. The trip focused on strategies to control the world's supply of conventional weapons, biological weapons, and weapons of mass destruction as a first defense against potential terrorist attacks.<61>

Following meetings with U.S. military in Kuwait and Iraq in January 2006, Obama visited Jordan, Israel, and the Palestinian territories.

He left for his third official trip in August 2006, traveling to South Africa, Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Chad. In a nationally televised speech at the University of Nairobi, he spoke forcefully on the influence of ethnic rivalries and corruption in Kenya.

Obama worked with Russ Feingold (D–WI) to eliminate gifts of travel on corporate jets by lobbyists to members of Congress and require disclosure of bundled campaign contributions under the "Honest Leadership and Open Government Act", which was signed into law in September 2007.

He joined Chuck Schumer (D-NY) in sponsoring S. 453, a bill to criminalize deceptive practices in federal elections, including fraudulent flyers and automated phone calls, as witnessed in the 2006 midterm elections.

Obama also introduced the "Iraq War De-Escalation Act", a bill to cap troop levels in Iraq, begin phased redeployment, and remove all combat brigades from Iraq before April 2008.<68>

Later in 2007, Obama sponsored with Kit Bond (R-MO) an amendment to the 2008 Defense Authorization Act adding safeguards for personality disorder military discharges, and calling for a review by the Government Accountability Office following reports that the procedure had been used inappropriately to reduce government costs.

joined Chuck Hagel (R-NE) in introducing legislation to reduce risks of nuclear terrorism.A provision from the Obama-Hagel bill was passed by Congress in December 2007 as an amendment to the State-Foreign Operations appropriations bill.

Obama also sponsored a Senate amendment to the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) to provide one year of job protection for family members caring for soldiers with combat-related injuries. After passing both houses of Congress with bipartisan majorities, SCHIP was vetoed by President Bush in early October 2007, a move Obama said "shows a callousness of priorities that is offensive to the ideals we hold as Americans."

** First legislation, the HOPE Act, which increased Pell Grants to $5100, and later joined Senator Kennedy on the Higher Education legislation that passed July 20, by a vote of 78-18. That legislation also included funding for Predominantly Black Colleges to assist with counseling, tutoring and other needs of low income students. It also creates the Teaching Residency Act which will create a school-based teacher preparation program in high needs schools to provide each teacher with a mentor, content instruction, classroom management skills, a master’s degree and state certification, and a 2 year follow-up program.

is an act that requires the full disclosure of all entities or organizations receiving federal funds beginning in fiscal year (FY) 2007 on a website maintained by the Office of Management and Budget.

**The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act
Authored by U.S. Sens. Dick Lugar (R-IN) and Barack Obama (D-IL), the Lugar-Obama initiative expands U.S. cooperation to destroy conventional weapons. It also expands the State Department's ability to detect and interdict weapons and materials of mass destruction.

** The “Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act.

** S116 - Summer Learning demonstration project to provide summer learning grants and encourage new teaching methods.

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senators Barack Obama (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), and Maria Cantwell (D-WA) and Congressman Adam Smith (D-WA) today hailed the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's passage of the Global Poverty Act (S.2433), which requires the President to develop and implement a comprehensive policy to cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015 through aid, trade, debt relief, and coordination with the international community, businesses and NGOs. This legislation was introduced in December. Smith and Congressman Spencer Bachus (R-AL) sponsored the House version of the bill (H.R. 1302), which passed the House last September.

S.Amdt.159 to S.Con.Res.18 - To prevent and, if necessary, respond to an international outbreak of the avian flu.

S.Amdt.390 to H.R.1268 - To provide meal and telephone benefits for members of the Armed Forces who are recuperating from injuries incurred on active duty in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom.

S.Amdt.670 to H.R.3 - To provide for Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) refueling capability at new and existing refueling station facilities to promote energy security and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.

S.Amdt.808 to H.R.6 - To establish a program to develop Fischer-Tropsch transportation fuels from Illinois basin coal.

S.Amdt.851 to H.R.6 - To require the Secretary to establish a Joint Flexible Fuel/Hybrid Vehicle Commercialization Initiative, and for other purposes.

S.Amdt.1362 to S.1042 - To require a report on the Department of Defense Composite Health Care System II.

S.Amdt.1453 to S.1402 - To ensure the protection of military and civilian personnel in the Department of Defense from an influenza pandemic, including an avian influenza pandemic.

S.Amdt.2301 to H.R.3010 - To increase funds to the Thurgood Marshall Legal Educational Opportunity Program and to the Office of Special Education Programs of the Department of Education for the purposes of expanding positive behavioral interventions and supports.

S.Amdt.2605 to S.2020 - Expressing the sense of the Senate that the Federal Emergency Management Agency should immediately address issues relating to no-bid contracting.

S.Amdt.2930 to S.2349 - To clarify that availability of legislation does not include nonbusiness days.
S.Amdt.3144 to S.Con.Res.83 - To provide a $40 million increase in FY 2007 for the Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program and to improve job services for hard-to-place veterans

S. Amdt 41 to S. 1 To require lobbyists to disclose the candidates, leadership PACs, or political parties for whom they collect or arrange contributions, and the aggregate amount of the contributions collected or arranged.

Barack has Written a total of 890 Bills and Co-sponsored Another 1096 since he started serving in the U.S. Senate.

winner by knock out!

Paul, how long does it take you to draft McCain's list. I can't imagine it will take that long. As Tuner's post shows, youth does not mean inexperience. Since you believe that Palin is more experienced than Obama I would like to see a list of her accomplishments as well. Did she set up a bear-patrol in Alaska?

BearPatrol-m.jpg

Paul1355

All Star

Obama worked with Russ Feingold (D?WI) to eliminate gifts of travel on corporate jets by lobbyists to members of Congress and require disclosure of bundled campaign contributions under the "Honest Leadership and Open Government Act", which was signed into law in September 2007.

** First legislation, the HOPE Act, which increased Pell Grants to $5100, and later joined Senator Kennedy on the Higher Education legislation that passed July 20, by a vote of 78-18. That legislation also included funding for Predominantly Black Colleges to assist with counseling, tutoring and other needs of low income students. It also creates the Teaching Residency Act which will create a school-based teacher preparation program in high needs schools to provide each teacher with a mentor, content instruction, classroom management skills, a master?s degree and state certification, and a 2 year follow-up program.

** The ?Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act.

Im glad he isn't a Nothing, I'm not as worried if he is picked as president then. Thing is that I keep hearing that all of these bills weren't even passed and he is only known for passing 1 bill. He can always join in on an amendment or bill and then he gets credit for it, even though many others got the same credit. I want proof that he did something either single handedly or with a partener and was the main reason for it.

Anyone can say they agree with something and sign theire name on it. Everytime experience comes up, Democrats never mentioend any of these accomplishments by Barack. This explains to me that either many Democrats don't know their own canidate, or that his resume is really not impressive when comparing him to other candidates. I first wanted to evaluate your arguement and get a more general answer. An example is what is he KNOWN FOR, not what bills he signed off on. What has he done single handedly or was the top guy in that made him signficently important? That's what I want to see. Then I will evaluate it and continue to my McCain accomplishments.Good argument regardless, just looking for general information on the question I bolded. Because I'm not going to waste my time and finding John McCain's minor stuff, I want to present the important stuff he's done that qualifies him to be president.If you can answer the bolded question, this argument can go quicker and be less elaborate and not turn into a huge discussion. And save us alot of time in the process. I just want important accomplishments that qualify him as president and can support his views that he speaks about. I will stop slandering Obama from now on, I just want to know if his record can back up his views, you understand?