Carmelo: I wish I had an answer

metrocard

Legend
Carmelo Anthony is averaging a career-low 20 points per game on 39.9 percent shooting.

How does Melo feel?

". I?m not too concerned about it at this point.?

Anthony is shooting just 21.7 percent from beyond the arc over his last 7 games.

?I can?t help him make shots, but I?ve got to put him in the right position to be successful,? Woodson said.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Loss_To_Explain_Scoring_Drought#ixzz1qA217j00

Why does Melo get a pass? This is Dolan's golden child, f*ck him.

Maybe because for about a decade he has been considered one of the very top scorers in the league who has always led his teams to the playoffs and who is the most clutch player since he has been in the league statistically and this year he is OBVIOUSLY struggling with his shot so i guess Dolan would take a 8 1/2 year sample size over 3/4 of a season to show that Melo is worth the wait.

skisloper

Starter
Eventually Melo will find his game....and if he was not hustling down the court and doing the other things he seems to forget to do when he is scoring then I would say screw him......He will find his stroke but when he does he best not become the one dimensional player he usually is.....as we have seen when the effort is there he makes a big difference just being on the court...

We HOPE he finds his offense,... but yeah atleast dude is doing the other things to help us win. And when/if he finds his offense I hope he doesnt stop doing the other less glamourous things that he's doing to help us win.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Everyone knows what Melo is capable of

Melo is stinking it up this season but, that does not mean he's going to suck forever players go through struggles Melo is only human it happens. From the start of the season Melo was asked to do alot more than he could bargain for... from having to be the point guard to having to having to get everyone involved to having to also score the ball. Stat was struggling the whole team was struggling nobody was making shots... Then he (melo) gets injured and the media comes to throw him under the bus some more. That not exactly your Cinderella way of having to start off the season in the first place.

I think Melo is still struggling because that wrist is not fully healed. I think the media is getting to him to "can melo co-exist with Lin" "Melo got the coach fired" "Melo says he wants to be traded" "Melo this Melo that all season". He is also not the go to guy anymore he has the ball less in his hands... he still gets his shots but not as much as he is used to. Melo is as of lately is playing better D and when you play harder and assert yourself on defense you use up more energy.

Melo may be struggling but just him standing on the court is a threat to alot of teams. Without Melo our record would probably look alot worst than it is now. Without Melo we wouldn't of even beaten the celtics to start off the season, we would have no tyson chandler, no jr smith, no baron davis. Like it or not Melo is still a allstar and one of the best scorers in this league.

You can say we play better without Melo. Lin lead us back to 500 blah blah blah. Lin did lead us back to 500 and we did look better.......but teams caught on to Lin eventually. How far exactly did anyone think we were going with Lin,Fields,Walker,jeffries & chandler<--- this is a first round exit starting lineup.

Melo's shot will come around. His shot is rusty but thats not stopping him from rebounding, attacking the rim, playing defense and making free throws and doing other little things to help us win. I could understand if Melo was strictly a one dimensional player like novak and his shot was not falling but melo can get points in other ways... he will be just fine.

If Melo is a No show in the playoffs then we can crucify him.

"Carmelo is the toughest player to guard in the league" -Kobe bryant

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
He's being forced to play defense and its taking away from his offensive game. He'll be ok. Just needs more time to get used to it.

Benchwarmer
I think the entire team is still trying to adjust to each other at this point.
I think both benches have something good to offer as seen by the
game against the Pistons. Yes, the name of the game is to adapt to changes,
but as someone already said, they are all human.

I don't know why any one team member has to be blamed for not
being perfect in every game.

I thought that's what team work meant: To work together as a group, and to come
to the aid of another member who may not be playing so good at the time.

novaman

Benchwarmer
I think the entire team is still trying to adjust to each other at this point.
I think both benches have something good to offer as seen by the
game against the Pistons. Yes, the name of the game is to adapt to changes,
but as someone already said, they are all human.

I don't know why any one team member has to be blamed for not
being perfect in every game.

I thought that's what team work meant: To work together as a group, and to come
to the aid of another member who may not be playing so good at the time.

+1

This team is going to win or lose as a team, and every player from top to bottom has something to contribute. Unfortunately the media and the fans love to hoist blame on someone or something as soon as things don't go well.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Melo is doing enough for us to win games - its a team game. Guys have to stop acting like Melo is supposed to 1v5 the Bulls or the Heat.

The best teams in this league are winning through team-work. Everyone is expected to contribute and when someone is hot - its their chance to shine and help the team win.

Melo is doing great, his effort, hustle, intensity, and can do attitude has helped change this team.

I applaud his efforts and Amare's with Chandlers. They are really stepping it up.

Stop demanding or acting like Melo has to carry this team.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Honestly...

Melo is playing defense, hustling, and rebounding, and that's more than enough for me. His offense will come with time, but there is a drastic difference between his defensive effort 3 weeks ago and his effort today, and let's sit and think about that before we call the guy a choker for not scoring 30 and being a wet paper bag on defense

metrocard

Legend
Melo doesn't have to carry the Knicks, but he needs to hit his shots.

Melo should be shooting 49%, NOT 39%. You have Chanlder and Amare in the paint, and scorers with Lin and Smith and good slashers in Iman, Landry and 3pt shooting God in Novak....Melo is on a team with a lot of spacing...he's just missing too many shots.

Win or LOSE, Melo has to be more consistent and a more efficient scorer.

He's getting paid way too much to have this kind of season.

fender0577

Rotation player
Honestly...

Melo is playing defense, hustling, and rebounding, and that's more than enough for me. His offense will come with time, but there is a drastic difference between his defensive effort 3 weeks ago and his effort today, and let's sit and think about that before we call the guy a choker for not scoring 30 and being a wet paper bag on defense
Me too, his offense will come, but i'm loving the effort in other areas.:peace:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Carmelo Anthony is averaging a career-low 20 points per game on 39.9 percent shooting.

How does Melo feel?

Anthony is shooting just 21.7 percent from beyond the arc over his last 7 games.

?I can?t help him make shots, but I?ve got to put him in the right position to be successful,? Woodson said.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Loss_To_Explain_Scoring_Drought#ixzz1qA217j00

He gets a pass because of what he's capable of he's literally one of the top 3 best scorers with Kobe and Durant right now. But for some reason he struggling extremely hard.

Yea and **** em like everyone with Amare now STAT is back to being the best player on the team and everyone in NY loves him again.

Rob Low

Rotation player

What do you mean why does he get a pass? What is he doing wrong? He's playing extremely hard and taking smart shots that he usually hits. He's just in a slump that he'll eventually snap out of. Have some patience for god's sake.

TakMan

Rotation player
He gets a pass because of what he's capable of he's literally one of the top 3 best scorers with Kobe and Durant right now. But for some reason he struggling extremely hard.

Yea and **** em like everyone with Amare now STAT is back to being the best player on the team and everyone in NY loves him again.

I still recall some of the ridiculous threads that were created during Stoudamire's slump. People need to relax. Anthony has-at least- tried to compensate for his slump by developing other sides to his game which continue to render him useful to the team. He does need to get his offence back soon though.

skisloper

Starter
I still recall some of the ridiculous threads that were created during Stoudamire's slump. People need to relax. Anthony has-at least- tried to compensate for his slump by developing other sides to his game which continue to render him useful to the team. He does need to get his offence back soon though.

I would like to assume " Compensate " is not the right word for Melo's future.
I hope when his shot does come back he does continue to play hard on all ends....but who knows ?

as for stat maybe he was playing scared all season due to his back....and now if his back is an issue for the rest of season we know why.....

The Amare does go down lets hope Melo finds his shot quickly...

p0nder

Starter
We are winning games. Do i really give a shit if melo scores 20 ppg or 30? no.

But i do care if him missing shots means us losing games. The wrist and shoulder injury has tweaked his shot and he's still working on getting that rhythm back. I suspect it will be a few more weeks until we see the 45%+ shooting we expect.

Exerting himself on the defensive end probably doesn't help his offensive numbers, but it does help us win games. As long as we are winning this is acceptable, but we will need his production in the post season.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Defense is hurting Melo's game. (Joke)

He's a pretty solid free throw shooter so he should try to get some shots in the paint and get to the line. The shooting will improve over time.

nyk_nyk

All Star

How does Melo feel?

The team is playing great right now despite Melo's shooting slump, so things can only get better.

A pass from what?? He's in a shooting slump but he's doing other things to help the team win like rebounding and defending and creating for others. When he wasn't defending or shooting well you were all on his case. Now that he's at least putting max effort on everything you still criticize him even though we're winning.

Your hate for Melo is getting real old now. The team is doing well and fighting for the Atlantic division or possibly a 6-7 seed. Just enjoy the sh!t and kill the Melo nitpicking. No matter what, he's still a threat.

metrocard

Legend
The team playing great is not an excuse for Carmelo's terrible shooting.

Pretty weak reasoning.

Melo has actually become a liability on OFFENSE throughout the season because he's been such a weak shooter.

This isn't a SLUMP, the NBA season is almost over and this has been MELO all year. a 39% FG shooter and a 20% 3pt Shooter.

If you think Melo is a threat, you really need to pull his pinga out the butt.

Melo's passing has been good, but are we really going to pay a guy this much money to be a high volume Boris Diaw?

We're winning now, but keep in mind its just a small sample. Take a look back at all the losing streaks we've been on, many of them led by Melo.

Why can't that happen again? You and I don't know, but nothing has been set in stone yet. We're playing great defense now and look stronger, but when we reach the playoffs, it will be potential disaster if Melo continues to shoot like Jamal Crawford.