Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
P&R is Amare's strength and I'm convinced that if he's able to build some chemistry with Lin he'll drop 25+ points almost every night. I wonder though about Carmelo, don't know if Lin can stop him from ballhogging, but if it clicks our offense should look pretty okay.

portega1968

El Cacique
Lin will go off tonight against Kobe and the Lakers

The Mamba may hit 40...

but Lin is gonna have:
42pts
25 assists
10 steals
15 boards

for the first quadruple double since I have no frikin idea when!!!

this with just:
3 turnovers
5 blocks (a nasty one on Artest)
3 dunks (posterizing Bynum)
95FG%

Ah, also:
15 free throws
no fouls
All in 30 minutes

as the Knicks humiliate the Lakers... with:

Chandler 29 and 15
Steve Novak 7 treys
Fields and Shumpert 15 points each
rest of the bench in double figure scoring
including Jerome Jordan with 10 points

to break an NBA record by Linning!!! 165-82

HOLLER IF YOU HAVE LINSANITY LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
I expect Lin to have a good game tonight versus the Lakers. The Lakers might have blown their load last night with an OT game versus the Celtics.

26 points
12 assists
2 steals

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lin will go off tonight against Kobe and the Lakers

The Mamba may hit 40...

but Lin is gonna have:
42pts
25 assists
10 steals
15 boards

for the first quadruple double since I have no frikin idea when!!!

this with just:
3 turnovers
5 blocks (a nasty one on Artest)
3 dunks (posterizing Bynum)
95FG%

Ah, also:
15 free throws
no fouls
All in 30 minutes

as the Knicks humiliate the Lakers... with:

Chandler 29 and 15
Steve Novak 7 treys
Fields and Shumpert 15 points each
rest of the bench in double figure scoring
including Jerome Jordan with 10 points

to break an NBA record by Linning!!! 165-82

HOLLER IF YOU HAVE LINSANITY LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!

You are truly Linically Linsane! :lol:

larry-riley-jeremy-lin.jpg

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...my_lins_success_i_have_egg_on_my_face/9855073

Count Larry Riley as the second GM to admit he made a mistake by cutting Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin.

The Golden State Warriors signed Lin after he went undrafted, but the Harvard product only played 29 games for them last season. GM Larry Riley says he never envisioned Lin becoming a good starting point guard.

?We always felt there would be some chance he?d be a backup point guard,? Riley told The New York Times. ?I have egg on my face in telling you that I did not think he was going to become a starting point guard with a good team. He?s doing that right now.?

Rockets GM Daryl Morey also admitted Thursday that he made a mistake by cutting Lin. Both teams knew Lin was good enough to be on their roster, but they didn?t realize he was good enough to produce as a starter. They both missed out by not giving him that opportunity to play big minutes, and now he?s flourishing in his first few starts for New York.

Cutting Lin may turn out to be a mistake both teams deeply regret. Right now it?s too early to say how long Lin will be able to keep up his production.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Lin could literally produce at HALF of what he's been doing for us and he'd still be a decent starting PG.

We don't need 25 pts 10 Ast, we just need 10 pts 5 ast to be infinitely better than the garbage we've had so far this year.

Not only is Lin focused and confident, he was put in an unique position to display his hunger. In the position he was in prior to starting...there is no way he was going to blow such an opportunity. If you're in the NBA, you most likely have some kind of skill set that will aid a team to victory, and it doesn't hurt when you're playing for the biggest media circuit in the world. Sometimes things are not always what they seem... however, I wouldn't mind seeing more of the same from J-Lin.

If he stays hungry, confident, and most of all competitive...he should continue do wonders for the Knicks.

portega1968

El Cacique
The maturity this kid has is so refreshing to see... its impossible to not jump on the bandwagon!!!!

This interview is from when he was still at Harvard, mainly talking about his faith.

http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Additional-Resources/Faith-and-Fate-of-Jeremy-Lin.html

The Faith and Fate of Jeremy Lin

As an Asian-American, this basketball phenom at Harvard is blazing a trail. As a Christian, he's striving to walk in faith.

March 03, 2010

Jeremy Lin was raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, and led his basketball team at Palo Alto High School to the state championships in his senior year. At Harvard University, Lin has built a national following, has been hailed as one of the finest point guards in the nation, and stands poised to enter the NBA as a high draft pick and the first Asian-American to achieve prominence in the NBA.

Lin is among those receiving the highest number of votes for the Bob Cousy award, given annually to the nation's most effective point guard. He has been profiled in Time, Sports Illustrated and ESPN: The Magazine, as well as countless basketball magazines and newspapers from the United States to China.

He spoke with Timothy Dalrymple in his dorm room at Harvard University.

Also see Patheos' new Faith and Sports Portal for more stories of faith and sport.

Can you tell us about your faith background and how you got into basketball? Do you think that God called you onto the basketball court?

My faith and my basketball began separately, then slowly converged, and now they influence each other. But when I first started playing basketball, I was five years old, and my dad put a ball in my hands. Ever since I was a little kid, I just loved to play this game. I was always in the gym. I loved playing. That's what I did for fun, all the time.
My parents also took me to church ever since I was a little kid. I grew up in the church, but I didn't really become a Christian until I was a freshman in high school. That's when the gospel really started to make sense to me and I was ready to give my life to God.
Then, Christianity didn't become a significant part of my approach to basketball until the end of my high school career and into college. That's when I began to learn what it means to play for the glory of God. My parents had often talked about it and told me that I should play for God's glory, but I never understood quite what that meant. That was something that really boggled my mind. My parents hadn't gone through what I was going through, being an Asian-American basketball player in America. I thought, "I want to do well for myself and for my team. How can I possibly give that up and play selflessly for God?"
Slowly, God revealed more to me. I started learning how to trust in Him, not to focus so much on whether I win or lose but to have faith that God has a perfect plan. For me to put more of an emphasis on my attitude and the way that I play, rather than my stats or whether we win a championship. I learned more about a godly work ethic and a godly attitude, in terms of being humble, putting others above yourself, being respectful to refs and opponents. There are really so many ways you can apply your faith to basketball.

Did you ever think, as a child, that you would be in this place, a top prospect for the NBA, in the running for the Bob Cousy award, given annually to the best point guard in the college game?

I didn't expect to play in college. Honestly, I didn't know if I was going to be able to play in high school. I was always one of the smallest guys. I went into high school at 5'3", 125 pounds, and every day I came home from practice asking my parents if I would grow taller.
So, physically, I was so far behind. I was just trying to make the varsity team, let alone play in college. I had no idea what God had in store for me.
That's why everyday, when I wake up and go to practice, I remind myself to be grateful that I have been so blessed. I could try to take credit for whatever success I've had, but honestly I see my basketball career as a miracle. That puts things into perspective for me.

Video Question: If your dreams came true, what would your future in the game of basketball look like?

How does your faith shape the way you behave on the court? Are you a different basketball player because you are a Christian?

Not just in basketball, but I think in life, when you're called to be a Christian, you're automatically called to be different from everyone else. In today's world of basketball, it makes you really different, because the things that society values aren't necessarily in line with what God values.
Much of it comes down to humility. We as Christians are called to be humble. And if we really understand the gospel, we will be humble. We should be humble, and understand that everything that is good comes from God.
We are also called to turn the other cheek and love our enemies. There are times on the basketball court when people will say things to you, and you just have to bite your tongue and love them. It's almost as though you have to love then even more, and that love means more if they're wronged you.
Society focuses so much on individual stats and wins and losses. To a certain extent, you can control those things. But to play for God means to leave the records and the statistics up to Him and give your best effort and allow God to figure out whether you win or lose, whether you play or shoot the ball well that game. So I just try to make sure that I work hard and in a godly way. I prepare myself as well as I can, and at every point during the game I try to submit myself to God and let Him use me.

Everyone who steps on a basketball court will hear taunts and insults. Yet racial slurs are another matter, and you have had to confront them regularly throughout your career, as the first Asian-American to reach this level. Do you find it particularly difficult to respond in grace when racial slurs are used?

I'm naturally competitive and cocky. I love proving people wrong. I love competing. When I first started hearing those remarks, I would always want to say something back, or to play well to get them back. As I grew older, I realized that I shouldn't allow that stuff to effect me, and at the same time I shouldn't retaliate. I shouldn't say anything back. So at this point, now, this year, it hasn't really bothered me. It's just something I'm used to now, and it's a good opportunity to reflect the grace of God when you don't say anything back, or when you're really respectful in return. That says something powerful.

We've talked about how your faith shapes your approach to basketball. But how has basketball shaped your faith? Has God used basketball to shape your character, to teach you, to strengthen you?

Absolutely. I've learned so many things through basketball, and God has really molded me and tested and affirmed my faith through basketball. Given my experiences, if I look back at everything that's happened, it's hard for me not to trust God and know that he has a perfect plan for me.
In a sense, it's easy for me. Since I've been given so much through basketball, it's easier for me to be thankful to God. But at the same time, basketball has humbled me a great deal. The more I play, the more I realize that the outcome is less up to me, and there's less I can control.
But there's so much more, so many lessons God has taught me through basketball-everything from pride to self-control to worth ethic and love and unselfishness.

You mention humility. How could it be that God has used basketball to humble you, when you've achieved so much? Wouldn't your basketball successes only make you more prideful?

No, it really is humbling. You might be able to relate to this, since you were a gymnast. There are times when I'm out there on the basketball court and it feels like I'm not even controlling my own body. It's almost as though someone else is using me as a puppet. There are things I do, that, when I look at them afterwards, I wonder how I did that. In moments like that, I realize that there is something more to what's happening around me, something supernatural about it.
It's also humbling in another way. When I won that state championship with Palo Alto High School, well, we would talk about winning the title. Deep down inside, though, you're not fully expecting the victory because only one team in the entire state can win it. So, to be able to be there at that point in that tournament, to have that opportunity, I was, more than anything, just grateful. There were so many things that had to happen just perfectly. Tiny differences could have taken us out of contention for a championship.
The other reason that athletic success can be humbling is because, even after you win a state championship, it's not as fulfilling as you had thought it would be. That's humbling, too, and it says something about the way we chase after materialistic and worldly things.

Video Question: Articles about you tend to focus on the story of your father and his passion for basketball. How has your father shaped the way you approach the game in faith?

For most of your life, you have belonged to Asian-American churches and fellowships. Do you draw some of your strength and inspiration from them?

I definitely feel their support and their prayer, and I am very, very grateful for it. It’s overwhelming at times. I’m blown away by it, and I’m still happy that people support me like that. But I’ve struggled with whether it should give me extra motivation to play. From my experience, I’ve realized that I can’t play for anybody else, because I don’t think that’s how the game should be played.
Last year, when the media attention was starting to grow around me, I felt as though I had to play well just to please everyone else. It was a great burden, and it took the joy out of the game for me. See, the truth is that I can't even play for myself. The right way to play is not for others and not for myself, but for God. I still don't fully understand what that means; I struggle with these things every game, every day. I'm still learning to be selfless and submit myself to God and give the game up to Him. It's a challenge, but thankfully I'm learning more and more.

Still, much of the media attention focuses on the fact that you are not just a basketball player, but an Asian-American basketball player. Is that a large part of the way you think about yourself, as well?

It definitely is a major part of my identity. But I don't see it as my whole identity. I belong to other groups as well. My basketball friends are largely non-Asian. I don't like to only associate myself with one group exclusively. But I do feel like the Asian-American community is a big part of my identity, and has been since my childhood.

Do you feel that you bear the pressure of tens of thousands of young Asian-American males, who are hoping that you will help to shatter the stereotype?

I don't feel the burden, just because I think at this point I'm not playing for others. That might sound rude, I guess, but it's the truth. I'm not working hard and practicing day in and day out so that I can please other people. My audience is God.
At the same time, I understand that there are kids who will look up to me, and I have a duty to be a godly role model. So in some sense, I don't play for them, but in another sense I do try to carry myself in a way that reflects God's image.

Yet you would be pleased if your success in the college -- and hopefully the professional -- ranks helped to shatter negative stereotypes of Asian males?

I would be pleased. Absolutely, I would be pleased.

Video Question: What advice would you give to a young athlete who wants to grow in his faith and pursue his athletic dreams at the same time?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
MDA's said he's going to play Linny boy 35-40 minutes a game until they figure out something smarter (a backup point guard).

D'Antoni is on the Kay show now and he sounds pretty relaxed, "Lin saved a lot for us" he's said. :D

"Carmelo doesn't understand spacing, but he will". :lol:

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
You guys are being too cautious, I honestly think Lin will have at least 50 points and 30 assists. If Rondo can get about 15 last night Lin will will probably even go for 60 as he is far superior to Rondo.

Off topic but how long until the NBA removes Rose from the starting lineup and inserts Lin as the starting PG for the eastern all stars?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I wouldn't be surprised if they stick Kobe on Lin. If so, he may have an off night.

If the above happens and he still has a good game.. the kid is for real.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
A big part of the NBA's new CBA will be a "renegotiation and extension" provision.

It will allow players to be paid a smaller amount over a long period, but the salary cannot decrease by more than 40 percent.

A renegotiated salary previously could only increase a salary.

Was this false then?

This is for contracts under the new CBA. Amare and Melo's contracts are under the old CBA. I suppose Chandler could restructure his contract.

Just another reason in the long list of reasons Melo should have signed with us instead of demanding we give a whole team for him so he can make an extra $1.45 mil a year.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
MDA's said he's going to play Linny boy 35-40 minutes a game until they figure out something smarter (a backup point guard).

D'Antoni is on the Kay show now and he sounds pretty relaxed, "Lin saved a lot for us" he's said. :D

"Carmelo doesn't understand spacing, but he will". :lol:

MDA really said that? If so that's kinda ballsy.

Having Lin has saved this team from the loss-riden, system defying phenomenon known as Melo-ball.

The basketball gods have spoken. :beer:

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
MDA really said that? If so that's kinda ballsy.

Having Lin has saved this team from the loss-riden, system defying phenomenon known as Melo-ball.

The basketball gods have spoken. :beer:

It's just a point guard, let's all calm the f down......

:teeth:

No, I'm titillated for real that D'antoni called out Melo and "spacing".

D'antoni smells the blood of a world-beating offense (and team) that he's envisioned us having. Ain't going to mess around now the basic personal and momentum has arrived. :beer: