White Chocolate?

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Magic just cut him loose and he can be had for the vets minimum. Would shore up the back up PG situation for us. The question is who would we wave or can Donnie find a way for Denver to take a lesser deal in a shorter amount of time?

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
No roster spot for him though without waiving someone (Mason?) or sending Rautins to the DLeauge. Not even sure if that would count, can we sign someone after reassigning Andy? Newest news on the Melo front is Denver is warming on A. Randolph. Maybe we can work something out sooner rather than later and get JWill for cheap then focus on Jordan for the summer.

Sage

Rotation player
Waive someone and pull the trigger on this I say.

P.S. Gonna attempt that elbow pass at practice tomorrow, that's awesome!

New New York

Quiet Storm
This would be great.....my fear is that he gets gassed into going down to Mia. to play with his former club he won a title with!

Maybe Dantoni can work the West Virginia angle tho LOL!

But TJ Ford might be an option as Indy is looking to cut ties with him.

I said this when he was coming back in he league that it would be a great pickup. We need to do this before D wade persuades him to join Miami for another run.
And those highlights are crazy!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Don't you guys get tired of doing this??? There's a potential player available for us and the over-the-top comments start up. "J Will is amazing", "great pickup" "pull the trigger now" "very good pg".

This is not J will from years ago. Just to be clear, I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good backup to Felton but let's stop acting like ORL released a hidden gem or something. We always seem to overhype players just for the excitement.

J will at this point in his career is just a serviceable backup point guard. He would probably do a much better job running the team than TD but that's it. He's not going to shoot the lights out and he's not a lock down defender.

This reminds me of the whole Jonathan Bender fiasco. lol

moneyg

Starter
This would be great.....my fear is that he gets gassed into going down to Mia. to play with his former club he won a title with!

Maybe Dantoni can work the West Virginia angle tho LOL!

But TJ Ford might be an option as Indy is looking to cut ties with him.

id rather get tj...but we dont have the assets...j will.. seems like he injured thou

moneyg

Starter
Looks like the Pacers may buy him out, so we'll see

yeah.. but ithought he turned them down.. they tried to save like 3 mil on his salary and he knows he cant make that back this season .. if that number gets down to close to the vet min.. then yeah.. we good

Don't you guys get tired of doing this??? There's a potential player available for us and the over-the-top comments start up. "J Will is amazing", "great pickup" "pull the trigger now" "very good pg".

This is not J will from years ago. Just to be clear, I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good backup to Felton but let's stop acting like ORL released a hidden gem or something. We always seem to overhype players just for the excitement.

J will at this point in his career is just a serviceable backup point guard. He would probably do a much better job running the team than TD but that's it. He's not going to shoot the lights out and he's not a lock down defender.

100% true but j-will atleast is a pure PG

nyk1986

Benchwarmer

I agree also, some folks seem to think he is the second coming of Pistol when all I intended when posting this was he is on the decline of his career, he is a natural PG, and he would be a servicable backup to finish the season out with if we can make the proper roster moves to attain him AT THE RIGHT PRICE. Wade will probably try to get him also but who would Miami get rid of? Chalmers was named their starter the other day I thought (or was it Arroyo being named over Chalmers?). They still do have House (who can all of a sudden make his rushed 3 point heave) even though he is more of a 2 in a 1s body.

I think there are 27 days remaining until the deadline and Donnie has played his hand masterfully so far. I'm excited to see how it plays out and if we can sure up this team for a stretch run.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
They released him cause hes always hurt and he doesnt wanna play. Hes gonna re-retire.

Thats BS! How would you like it if you was a forth string PG and not getting to play at all.He is getting old BUT he still can play and he is a NBA Champion!!

Sage

Rotation player

For weeks most on the forum have agreed we need a solid, experienced backup point guard, and now one just falls into our laps. That is worth getting excited about.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not expecting it to be all elbow passes and fake behind the back stuff.

A backup point guard that's actually a point guard, not an undersized shooting guard. That's why I'm "over-the-top"

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah. White Chocolate would be a solid 10 minute per game guy who could give Felton a rest because TD isn't really ready to run the point yet...