STARMELO has completely ****ed the rep system!!!

metrocard

Legend
In defense of myself and the Melo Mafia, I dont think we have done anything wrong here. On behalf of the MeloMafia, we'd like a fair trial before being persecuted.

Theres no rules for repping other posters. 90% of the posts that I repped were good posts. With some posters like Crazy8's, i can honestly say everytime i repped was because he had something good to say. CA7 is a great poster, Stephon Marbury is a great poster. NYK Reloaded, NY17Knicks...I don't see what the big deal is here.

I see no problem with the Starmelo group, they're not trolling the site...if members want to make a stable for positivity then I'm all for it.

Negative reps are cool btw, I would know because I've received the most on this site :lol:

smokes

Huge Member
Sorry guys but seriously, grow up.

Typical of posters like KS, CA7 etc to try to act like Rono is being childish and cares too much because he wants to bring this to the attention of the majority of the forum.

You are the posters who care so much to set up an elaborate system of abusing rep power to make yourselves look bigger and belittle others on a forum.

Take a slice of humble pie for once, you got found out, you acted like a group of high school girls, now lets all move on.

Trying to justify your actions like this is just weak.

Re metro, yes I'm aware you weren't involved although certainly plenty of that rep got spread your way by your brothers from Team Starbury, 19 rep... Legit ;)

KingCharles34

All Star
I see no problem with the Starmelo group, they're not trolling the site...if members want to make a stable for positivity then I'm all for it.

Negative reps are cool btw, I would know because I've received the most on this site :lol:

Thanks Metro. Its not like we're going around negging anyone that has a negative view against Carmelo. The only posters i have negged are that Den318 (Denver fan that does nothing but spread hate), Real Heat, and OrangleBlob before he switched his demeanor.

The amount of neg rep u musta recieved back in the day :lol:

Not that u had bad posts but with the majority of the site disagreeing with u, im sure they let it be known with their negs. I used to get negged alot more myself, something tells me i might get negged a few times because of this thread

DZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAM. I gotta check in more often. Starbury crew you know that's not right. If you want to neg rep somebody just hit me up as much as you want. I doesnt matter to me one way or the other because I'm going to say my piece anyway.

As far as MELO, he better bring da pain to mofos this year or I'm going to be all over his ass...

Yeah i figured out a way to clean this up and the first thing for me to do is go through the reps given in the past 3 months by the members of the group and delete them. Some of them are very easy to spot others might take a while but from what i saw there are just a few posters from that group that abused it.

As for the ones that were seriously involved in this i figured that temporary unable them the possibility of leaving negative reputation is a fair way to go.

Temp? How long. Let them languish for a year. At least. LOL. That'll teach them to F with the board...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot

Typical of posters like KS, CA7 etc to try to act like Rono is being childish and cares too much because he wants to bring this to the attention of the majority of the forum.

You are the posters who care so much to set up an elaborate system of abusing rep power to make yourselves look bigger and belittle others on a forum.

Take a slice of humble pie for once, you got found out, you acted like a group of high school girls, now lets all move on.

Re metro, yes I'm aware you weren't involved although certainly plenty of that rep got spread your way by your brothers from Team Starbury, 19 rep... Legit ;)
Only 6 rep points from metro's 19 come from other posters, he's got 8 rep points for his posts (above 7,000) and 5 points for all those years he's been on the KO. ;)

But still, I agree on the part about the way the MeloMafia guys are acting after the case was brought up to the majority of the board.

smokes

Huge Member
Only 6 rep points from metro's 19 come from other posters, he's got 8 rep points for his posts (above 7,000) and 5 points for all those years he's been on the KO. ;)

But still, I agree on the part about the way the MeloMafia guys are acting after the case was brought up to the majority of the board.

Bottom line is before I went away for the summer break metro and crazy had probably the highest amount of rep on the site, both of them had around 12 rep points with a larger bar than the rest of the forum.

Suddenly that's jumped up to 19 and 21 respectively, over the 2 and a half months with the least activity on the forums.

Leems segit.

KingCharles34

All Star

Im only gonna say this one more time, I set this up for fun. Do i care how much rep i have? Not at all. At one point I was hoping to start a rep war because i thought it'd be fun for this site but theres really not any posters right now that im against. If someone provides facts to prove their point, what more can I do? At that point its time to agree to disagree. My posts prior to this thread show that i realized theres not really a purpose for a MeloMafia.

Im not looking for attention, I wouldnt mind if this thread got locked and put to rest. But your taking advantage of this oppertunity to get your name out there. You keep bringing up Team Starbury. Yes, i did give some green rep to Metro. And you seem to be jealous of that, sorry I dont think I gave you any green in a while.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
^ I guess the STARMELO crew has been repping all (or almost all) regular posters, my rep also jumped from 6 to 8 within just two or three weeks; once I couldn't believe someone repped me for a meaningless post about Shump from a couple of months ago. I guess once rady's done with his work my rep will drop again, which is a good thing, because I didn't (and actually still don't) understand why the MeloMafia started this thing. Not that I care that much about rep points, I've got enough green for doing my job and what's more important, some top posters like rady and Crazy8s got my back because of what I've been doing for this board.

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
Im only gonna say this one more time, I set this up for fun. Do i care how much rep i have? Not at all. At one point I was hoping to start a rep war because i thought it'd be fun for this site but theres really not any posters right now that im against. If someone provides facts to prove their point, what more can I do? At that point its time to agree to disagree. My posts prior to this thread show that i realized theres not really a purpose for a MeloMafia.

Im not looking for attention, I wouldnt mind if this thread got locked and put to rest. But your taking advantage of this oppertunity to get your name out there. You keep bringing up Team Starbury. Yes, i did give some green rep to Metro. And you seem to be jealous of that, sorry I dont think I gave you any green in a while.

Not at all bro. And you know as a poster I've had my disagreements with you wayyyyy back (2008?) but that your posts are funny as sh*t and I respect your opinion on stuff.

It's just amusing because back in the day you Team Starbury fellows did make a big deal about rep. I remember very clearly you guys bandying on about how your rep bars were bigger than other people's, it was one of your go-to moves when you felt threatened in a debate :p

That's why I said it's typical that Team Starbury members would be the ones behind a stunt like this.

Get my name out there? Where? I think 99% of the posters here know me and if they don't who cares?

I also don't care about metro or crazy or you or anyone getting more rep this ain't a personal thing, you're just undermining the whole system and why it's there and it's now either perma-screwed or going to take a lot of boring admin from rady to fix.

I agree with the suggestion above, scrap the rep system and bring a like system that shows publicly. Way easier and can't be abused as easily.

metrocard

Legend
My rep points came from guys like Crazy8 and many others who I had a feud with in the past.

Can we just give rep points to rono and smokes so they can stop crying?

What is CA7's response to this thread? He's the biggest influence on the Melo movement here.

smokes

Huge Member
My rep points came from guys like Crazy8 and many others who I had a feud with in the past.

What is CA7's response to this thread? He's the biggest influence on the Melo movement here.

As usual you totally miss the point but hey, at least I didn't have to sit through another metro speech of "I'm loving life while you're jerking off, I'm making cash while you're standing in line at welfare, my life is so damn good that I have to brag about it on an internet forum to validate it" I don't think I could stand the irony.

CoolClyde

wow. i feel for everyone who feels affected by +/- rep.

I happen to like most posts by Starmelo group, KingStarf*cker, CA7 (the homo sperm), and others, but to gang up on folks just for having anti-melo opinions is wrong, and to green each other just for the sake of upping their rep is wrong too. Rady's probably doing the right thing by intervening and discounting current reps, but it's the future of the rep, and the future of the site that is the question at hand. that's for all to decide. Dzwons Son, Rono, iSayUggh, Crazydick8's, CA7, Oldtimer, Metro, etc, all put thought and time into their posts, and deserve green, and it would be nice to continue giving green to newbies who contribute in a positive way to the site. but for someone new who has an anti-Melo opinion to be neg-repped, why would they continue to post or frequent the site? it's like juvenile delinquents ganging up on someone for being different!

personally, I don't give a flying f*ck. it's a little green box. probably the wrong thing to say, politically speaking for a moderator, but I agree with NYk_uploaded, I care about the Knicks more than anything. the only green i really care about is Benjamin and Buds.

i'm thinking of starting a group called The Neggers, and anyone who joins will help me give neg rep based on stupid posts, unintelligible writing and poor grammar. watch out Kiyaman!

j/k

KingCharles34

All Star
Not at all bro. And you know as a poster I've had my disagreements with you wayyyyy back (2008?) but that your posts are funny as sh*t and I respect your opinion on stuff.

It's just amusing because back in the day you Team Starbury fellows did make a big deal about rep. I remember very clearly you guys bandying on about how your rep bars were bigger than other people's, it was one of your go-to moves when you felt threatened in a debate :p

That's why I said it's typical that Team Starbury members would be the ones behind a stunt like this.

Get my name out there? Where? I think 99% of the posters here know me and if they don't who cares?

I also don't care about metro or crazy or you or anyone getting more rep this ain't a personal thing, you're just undermining the whole system and why it's there and it's now either perma-screwed or going to take a lot of boring admin from rady to fix.

I agree with the suggestion above, scrap the rep system and bring a like system that shows publicly. Way easier and can't be abused as easily.

I dont even remember you from 4 or 5 years ago. If your gonna bring up something that old to use against me...I didnt even care about rep back then. That was just part of the back and forth exchange. And besides me, who else is from the MeloMafia was from TeamStarbury? Shaunyboy? He barely posts. Yea you got Datprince, who else?

I'd be willing to give them and Dzonswonson rep for the next few weeks if that makes them feel better.

I dont know how Rady can disable our neg repping specifically when we werent even neg repping the respected posters. I gave Ron and Dzonswon green not that long ago.

But everything has to be legit in order for these dudes to respect themselves. Like i said before reguardless of who has how many rep points, we each have our own opionions on which posters are good and which ones are bad. Rep points tell us very little if anything.

And rep wars are very common, I was part of a Mayweather Mafia rep war on boxingscene and I also participated in rep wars on Hip hop sites. Nowhere here on KNicksonline does it say that its an infraction to comtemplate starting a rep war....and to excessively hand out green rep. Rady, what have i done that deserves punishment? I do not see any rules that I did not follow, I do not believe my neg repping ability should be disabled for any amount of time.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This is a bizarre post.

And again, nobody cares about rep so much. It's about undermining the rep system which affects the forum.

You can choose to keep acting like you don't get it if you want to.

NYk_Reloaded718

All that reppin i be giving and its only 6 points? im fairly new, but im at 396 points right now one more rep and i should have a rep power of 7, so im guessing the amount of rep points i give out will increase.

me trying to figure out how the repping system works means im concerned with reps? i guess you missed the part that says "IM GUESSING THE AMOUNT OF REP POINTS ( I GIVE OUT) will increase", you see nothing about me beggin for rep points, if my group decides to give me some because of something i posted or wateva it may be then ok whatever once again what does that have to do with THE KNICKS... your still not clearing this up for me.

the rep system is messed up for the whole site because we rep each other?????????? the posts we do rep each other from are very legit posts. ive received reps from those same posts from others (not in starmelo).

I guarantee you if you made a voting thread "do you care about your rep points yes or no" 90% of this forum checks off no.. you wanna know why? because nobody cares who has the most rep points or who gets neg repped your sole purpose for signing up for KO wasn't to receive rep points, it was to discuss the knicks.

Smokes receives reps from me, Dzwon receives reps from me YOU receive reps from me. Are you seriously crying about rep powers?? I probably give out more rep through out the forum than anybody :lol: posters check your user cp i guarantee you my name is there.

Why no comment for removal of the Rep system??? would that ache your mind to much to find out theres no rep system anymore? i have no problem with it how do you feel about it rono? "im a funny dude" speak for yourself. Im done with this debate lol not arguing over something so pitty

Call 911 Starmelo repped each others posts, the sites gonna fall apart and die now smh yeah rono the sites completely f*cked because Dzwonson and smokes reps aren't going up quick enough :boohoo:...

in other news STAT IS BACK DOING SCRIMAGES AND BREWER IS CLOSE TO HEALING :peace:

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Amar'e Stoudemire returned to 5-on-5 contact drills on Monday, after missing action since Wednesday when he banged with Chris Copeland during practice and suffered a bruised left knee.

In addition, J.R. Smith returned after resting a sore left ankle for a couple of days.

"I thought they looked okay," Mike Woodson said after practice, which was televised live on NBA TV. "A little rusty in terms of their wind, running up and down, but that'll come. The way we practice every day, we get a lot of running at the top, so that would definitely zap you before you get to the scrimmage part."

Stoudemire said he was excited to scrimmage again to further develop chemistry with his teammates, especially Raymond Felton, Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni. "It's going to be a phenomenal year," Stoudemire said. "I mean, those guys are very, very great at creating offense. Having those floor generals out there, with the lineup that we have and the guys we have coming off the bench, we've got a pretty solid team."

The power forward showed off a few "jewels," as he calls his new post-up moves, but Woodson will incorporate more of that in the next few days when the Knicks intensify their scrimmaging with referees on-hand. STAT said a down-low presence will further balance out the offense.

"It's going to be very important," he said. "I think we've got an opportunity where we can take advantage of our post play. We have such great perimeter players, great shooters on the wing, so if we can establish a back-to-the-basket game to get some easy baskets in the paint, that's another element to our offense."

THE SCOOP ON SHEED: Rasheed Wallace increased his conditioning on Monday, doing more running baseline to baseline. There's still no timetable on his return, and Woodson wasn't definite about him being ready by Nov. 1.

"Rasheed's doing fine," Woody said. "He's starting to pick it up a little bit more in terms of getting up and down the floor with his conditioning work. It's just a matter of time before we get him back."

SIDELINE NOTES: Steve Novak missed his first day of practice, but not because of injury. Woodson simply gave him the day off to rest, after the sharpshooter played additional minutes against the Wizards (32) and Celtics (38).

In addition, Marcus Camby (left calf strain) and Ronnie Brewer (left medial meniscus recovery) remained inactive. Woodson said he would consult with the Knicks' training staff after practice to find out where they both stood, but he did offer a good prognosis with Brewer, who's penciled in as the starting shooting guard for opening night.

"Ronnie's getting close, that's all I can tell you," the coach said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kn...toudemire-back-scrimmaging-novak-sits-to-rest

KingCharles34

All Star
wow. i feel for everyone who feels affected by +/- rep.

I happen to like most posts by Starmelo group, KingStarf*cker, CA7 (the homo sperm), and others, but to gang up on folks just for having anti-melo opinions is wrong, and to green each other just for the sake of upping their rep is wrong too. Rady's probably doing the right thing by intervening and discounting current reps, but it's the future of the rep, and the future of the site that is the question at hand. that's for all to decide. Dzwons Son, Rono, iSayUggh, Crazydick8's, CA7, Oldtimer, Metro, etc, all put thought and time into their posts, and deserve green, and it would be nice to continue giving green to newbies who contribute in a positive way to the site. but for someone new who has an anti-Melo opinion to be neg-repped, why would they continue to post or frequent the site? it's like juvenile delinquents ganging up on someone for being different!

personally, I don't give a flying f*ck. it's a little green box. probably the wrong thing to say, politically speaking for a moderator, but I agree with NYk_uploaded, I care about the Knicks more than anything. the only green i really care about is Benjamin and Buds.

i'm thinking of starting a group called The Neggers, and anyone who joins will help me give neg rep based on stupid posts, unintelligible writing and poor grammar. watch out Kiyaman!

j/k

Its not even like that Clyde. Im an innocent man. That move was only comtemplated but scratched. Im innocent, I do not belong behind bars...unless they are green and theirs alotta them!! :lol:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

I think we all know what CA7 will say.

No ones crying Metro.

This rep wars nonsense is for kids. We're all grown men here, or claim to be and should act accordingly.

You as a moderator should understand.