Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

metrocard

Legend
Great time to make this thread.
3G4G, Kiyaman and friends are probably scared to look at the first post in this thread. They'll probably vomit in site after Melo's 62 point 13 rebound performance.

metrocard

Legend
a1ihjm.jpg

melo.gif

ewing.gif

metrocard

Legend
This is the 4th time in NBA HISTORY someone scores more than 60 points under 40 minutes played. Kobe did it 2 times and Karl Malone one time. Melo has probably the most amazing one, because Malone and Kobe attempted around 20 FT.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Great time to make this thread.
3G4G, Kiyaman and friends are probably scared to look at the first post in this thread. They'll probably vomit in site after Melo's 62 point 13 rebound performance.

A 62 point scoring performance againist the Bobcats isn't going to change my opinion about Melo. Players are droping like flies with injuries and melo doesn't have to worry about passing the ball any more b/c of that.Now that Barg's got hurt Melo can shoot as much as he wants and more.Yes he droped 62 tonight but I got news for ya.. he is not going to do that againist good teams.Good teams that can play defense will be all over Melo.How could anybody be happy and celebrate a guy that scored 62 when the team still sucks.Sure it is something you can talk about with your friends BUT the story always ends with The knicks still suck. The only good thing about this game is that Melo's trade value just went up.:smokin:

Broadway

All Star
A 62 point scoring performance againist the Bobcats isn't going to change my opinion about Melo. Players are droping like flies with injuries and melo doesn't have to worry about passing the ball any more b/c of that.Now that Barg's got hurt Melo can shoot as much as he wants and more.Yes he droped 62 tonight but I got news for ya.. he is not going to do that againist good teams.Good teams that can play defense will be all over Melo.How could anybody be happy and celebrate a guy that scored 62 when the team still sucks.Sure it is something you can talk about with your friends BUT the story always ends with The knicks still suck. The only good thing about this game is that Melo's trade value just went up.:smokin:

+ Infinity......

Doesn't change mine either. It was entertaining.....Melo needed this along with his fans more than anything. But if you look at some of the performances across the league tonight you come to understand scoring can be very overrated. Especially during an era when playing defense is very much out of style and near extinct.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
+ Infinity......

Doesn't change mine either. It was entertaining.....Melo needed this along with his fans more than anything. But if you look at some of the performances across the league tonight you come to understand scoring can be very overrated. Especially during an era when playing defense is very much out of style and near extinct.

Yes we are talking about a era that you can't touch a offensive player while guarding.NBA like it is today is horrible to watch b/c the defensive players are handcuffed and can't play defense like you are supposed to.Back in the 80s and 90's how they played now that was NBA basketball at its best.I only got one good arm and I know I could score atleast 8 points out there with the way you can't touch a offensive player lol

CoolClyde

i don't know if its been said but the title is wrong. It should be "I am so through with Melo". Threw is the past tense of the word throw. I'm not normally a Word Nazi but this one is actually annoying me.

hah! I thought about making a comment as well, especially since it's such a massacre of the english language in a thread title. kind of makes the entire KO forum look bad, or dumb, or maybe just charming?... ce la vie...perhaps it's a joke?

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
hah! I thought about making a comment as well, especially since it's such a massacre of the english language in a thread title. kind of makes the entire KO forum look bad, or dumb, or maybe just charming?... ce la vie...perhaps it's a joke?

I know you all don't know this about me but I feel like I should tell you all even thow I didn't want this out b/c you will look at me differently now but hopefully I will quit being called dumb,stupid,ignorant,idiot on here. Listen guys I have been called dumb,stupid,ignorant and a idiot on here. Yes I messed up on the title but mistakes happen!! I was born with cerebral palsy and I have had a tough life very tough b/c of it.I can do stuff like the normal people do but its a lot harder for me.It messes my spelling and grammer up b/c of what I have and I am sure I will keep getting made fun of and laughed at in the real world but I have news for you.Every time I get made fun of,called dumb,stupid and idiot on here or in the real world all you all are doing lighting a fire under me that will make me more determined to keep smiling and live my life to the fullest.So I owe you guys a thank you b/c you are making me stronger and stronger each and every day.Sorry to get off topic but I had to write this even thow I didn't want to. I enjoy this site and talking to all of you.Yes we all will disagree like with the melo conversation but that doesn't mean we can't still get along and have fun on here.

Wargames

Starter
I know you all don't know this about me but I feel like I should tell you all even thow I didn't want this out b/c you will look at me differently now but hopefully I will quit being called dumb,stupid,ignorant,idiot on here. Listen guys I have been called dumb,stupid,ignorant and a idiot on here. Yes I messed up on the title but mistakes happen!! I was born with cerebral palsy and I have had a tough life very tough b/c of it.I can do stuff like the normal people do but its a lot harder for me.It messes my spelling and grammer up b/c of what I have and I am sure I will keep getting made fun of and laughed at in the real world but I have news for you.Every time I get made fun of,called dumb,stupid and idiot on here or in the real world all you all are doing lighting a fire under me that will make me more determined to keep smiling and live my life to the fullest.So I owe you guys a thank you b/c you are making me stronger and stronger each and every day.Sorry to get off topic but I had to write this even thow I didn't want to. I enjoy this site and talking to all of you.Yes we all will disagree like with the melo conversation but that doesn't mean we can't still get along and have fun on here.

whoa.png no one thinks your dumb or stupid breh it was just a spelling mistake and it got to me...... On the flip I don't agree with you on Melo, I think he's the one piece they got to keep going forward. He's just to damn nice, we got rid of Z-Bo and he is still pretty damn good because his style ages well. Same goes for Melo his style of play is the type of play that will be around when he is in his early to mid 30's. If I can think of a player he resembles it would be Dirk but he can be slotted into the 3 and 4 and he has a better post game.

It took years to build around Dirk but eventually they got that ring. I think its the same thing with Melo, the knicks got to build around him because right now its a hobbled together roster.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
View attachment 498 no one thinks your dumb or stupid breh it was just a spelling mistake and it got to me...... On the flip I don't agree with you on Melo, I think he's the one piece they got to keep going forward. He's just to damn nice, we got rid of Z-Bo and he is still pretty damn good because his style ages well. Same goes for Melo his style of play is the type of play that will be around when he is in his early to mid 30's. If I can think of a player he resembles it would be Dirk but he can be slotted into the 3 and 4 and he has a better post game.

It took years to build around Dirk but eventually they got that ring. I think its the same thing with Melo, the knicks got to build around him because right now its a hobbled together roster.

Don't worry about it man,I just felt like I had to write it. One main reason I would like to see melo gone is b/c I honestly don't see any other super star wanting to come and play with him.He just has this image of a me first kind of guy and that rubs a lot of the ball players the wrong way. Again he probably is a great guy but I just don't see him helping us win anything.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

Nothing but love for ya man, before Melo fans, and even before Knicks fans, we're people. I've got no hate for you, or do have the urge to call you dumb,stupid,ignorant, or an idiot. As far as tonight goes, Melo put on a show I hope you enjoyed. The rest of the reason and beyond will be a struggle with or without Melo, so we just gotta chill back and let it happen.

Love and respect, KnicksTape :gony:

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Nothing but love for ya man, before Melo fans, and even before Knicks fans, we're people. I've got no hate for you, or do have the urge to call you dumb,stupid,ignorant, or an idiot. As far as tonight goes, Melo put on a show I hope you enjoyed. The rest of the reason and beyond will be a struggle with or without Melo, so we just gotta chill back and let it happen.

Love and respect, KnicksTape :gony:

Thanks brother that means a lot!! We just got to keep hoping that our knicks can find some way to get back to their glory years.The Ewing years ruined me lol. They never won anything but they was in the top three seeds almost every year.

metrocard

Legend

You're a clown.
62 Point Performance is the greatest offensive performance at Madison Square Garden history.
You've become more of a Melo hater than an Knick fan.
I am here to remove your Knickerbocker membership.
You will now rot in the pit with Kiyaman and 3G4G as guys who only find pleasure in Melo failing than succeeding. Rot you sad soul.

Bobcats are TOP 5 in the NBA defense, they allow 95-96 points per game. This makes the performance greater than it plus the fact Melo had no turnovers.
This is the 4th time in NBA HISTORY someone scores more than 60 points under 40 minutes played. Kobe did it 2 times and Karl Malone one time. Melo has probably the most amazing one, because Malone and Kobe attempted around 20 FT.
This is better than Kobe's 81 point performance.

The more you type the more less educated you present yourself.
You want Bargs shooting over Melo? You're dumb. Theres no debating this, it's just a plain fact you're not a bright person.
100 out of 100 NBA personnel would choose Melo over everyone that isn't named Durant or LeBron. But you're talking about Bargnani's bumb ass? We play 5X better as a team without Bargnani. Bargnani hasn't done anything for New York for you to hold an allegiance to him.

You're only bringing up Melo because you're trying to play devil's advocate and not support Melo. You're a loser for that lameness.

Knicks still suck? Who cares.

Melo made history.
This team won't be good until trades are made.
Trades that include your man Bargnani because he doesn't make this team better.
Trades that don't include Melo because he's by far the best player we had.

Since 33

Numero 33, the guy in your sig...

the guy in my sig giving Melo respect.

Now why don't you be a man for once in your life and pay respect to the guy that your idol pays respect to?

Scribbles

Rotation player
Exactly how many records did Melo break?

- Knicks Franchise Single Game Pts Total
- MSG Single Game Pts Total
- NBA Record for Most Pts ever scored for an individual with 0 turnovers.
- Most Pts by an individual since Kobe Bryant's 81 in 2006.

There are certainly more... especially with his FG% efficiency, Im sure...

That was incredible.

Add on....

metrocard

Legend
Between the 22 combined championships in Chicago and Los Angeles, there's no adulation for a star who fails to deliver a title. The Knicks have gone 40 years without a parade – and could go another 40 without one – and still Anthony would forever be treated with a level of reverence in New York. There are no beloved ex-Hall of Famers like Patrick Ewing and Bernard King in L.A. and Chicago – just players who won championships, and just those long ago forgotten.

For those who think 'Melo's burden has left him too beleaguered in New York, it could be far worse elsewhere. Knicks ownership has turned the franchise over to him, and that'll only escalate in free agency. Whatever he wants, they'll give him. Owner Jim Dolan let him run out Mike D'Antoni and Jeremy Lin, let him have his eccentric workout coach on staff for a significant six-figure salary. They've centered the marketing on him; his Jordan Brand Nike deal is worth a mint in a Knicks uniform. In the end, this is the essence of Carmelo Anthony: a peerless scorer deserving of holding the franchise's and arena's forever records.

Every generation has its stars who were spectacular, but never complete enough to be the centerpiece of a champion. There's no shame there. This was a night when 'Melo's legacy as a scoring ace delivered him into the brightest light of this season, on basketball's most glorious stage at the Garden.

For all the noise and all the love washing down upon him, Carmelo Anthony needed to understand that for his own good, his legacy, there's nowhere better for a ring-less superstar on a max scholarship than beneath those dusty, old championship banners from so long ago. This was 'Melo's night, his forever moment at Madison Square Garden. For him, there should be nowhere else.

Woj on Melo

tiger0330

Legend
By far the greatest regular season Knick game by a player. Melo had a higher FG% than King .657 to .633. Bernard made 22 FTs for his 60, Melo just 10. Melo had 13 rbs to Kings 7 in the game. The Knicks also lost that game 120-114 to the NJ Nets.

Also beat Kobe's day when he scored 61. Kobe shot .613 and scored 20 pts on FTs. Had zero RBs in the game.

Most points scored by a player in the 2013-2104 NBA season so far.

Last edited: