Plan G: A plan for Parker, Lee and Stat

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The wild card in the point-guard market remains Tony Parker. Once source said the Spurs are ?hellbent on moving him,? but that will take time to play out. The Knicks are the most likely destination for Parker, but they need to address their top priority ? LeBron ? before they go down that road.
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/22906732

I'd love to see Parker whizzing around the Garden man. That would be sick, wicked and nasty.

For NY, the best case scenario to obtain Parker's services, would be a non salary matching swap. That's possible for us as a team under the cap. The best of the best case scenario would be losing cheap, young players for Parker.

As far as satisfying the Spurs goes, we'd most realistically have to send Lee for Tony. But that isn't necessarily in SA's best interest.

Here's how I see it. It's pretty out there, but it's dividing all our eggs in to more than one basket.

Spurs owner, Peter Holt, is reportedly unimpressed with the teams cap situation and is looking to reform through youth while he has vets like Manu and Duncan onboard as tutors for the next wave of Spurs.

SA also have the legal rights to go after Tiago Splitter of Brazil this year.
Splitter, a 2.12 m (6 ft 11? in) 111 kg (245 pound) center was named the MVP of the Spanish Supercup tournament in both 2006 and 2007. He was also named to the All-Euroleague First Team for the Euroleague 2007-08 season, after leading Saski Baskonia to the Euroleague Final Four. The following year, Splitter reached the Euroleague 2008-09 season playoffs, but failed to win another Final Four participation. His performances earned him a spot on the 2008-09 All-Euroleague Second Team nevertheless.
Splitter was named the Spanish League MVP in 2010.[1]

If the Spurs sign Splitter, they'll have a nasty front court backed up by Blair.

Richard Jefferson is most likely out:

Richard Jefferson?s decision to opt out of the final $15 million season of his contract might not be a sign he?s willing to leave the San Antonio Spurs.

Sources said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has been personally working out Jefferson in San Antonio

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...doesnt_mean_hes_done_with_spurs/#ixzz0sOtzoS5

And with George Hill shining through for them, they're set at the 1 and have 2 years of Ginobili left.

So, bar the SF position, they're practically set, with future cap flexibility in place.

1 Hill
2 Manu
3 - - - -
4 Duncan
5 Splitter

If NY were to offer; Toney D, Chandler and Fields to SA, they'd have to give it some serious consideration, if their goal is to start anew.

The combined salary of the 3 is less than $4M. They're young, Chandler has had a lot of PT experience and a qualifying offer in 2011/12, Douglas has shown promise, Fields as a 2nd round rookie doesn't effect their cap. Result - an instant saving of $10M and a position filled with both a starter and a backup at SF. Douglas, obviously, backs Hill.

NY in effect get Toney Parker for $9.5M after the +/- of the traded salaries. The salary sheet then equates to $24M with a $56.1M cap set in place. > $32M to spend.

So, I'm thinking:

1 Parker - Rautins
2 Walker - someone - please not Korver or Miller
3 Gallo - Giddens
4 Lee - Barron
5 Stat - Jordan

It can be done. Oh yes It can.

And it's no less likely than signing James or Bosh.:smokin:

Paul1355

All Star
I'd love to see Parker whizzing around the Garden man. That would be sick, wicked and nasty.

For NY, the best case scenario to obtain Parker's services, would be a non salary matching swap. That's possible for us as a team under the cap. The best of the best case scenario would be losing cheap, young players for Parker.

As far as satisfying the Spurs goes, we'd most realistically have to send Lee for Tony. But that isn't necessarily in SA's best interest.

Here's how I see it. It's pretty out there, but it's dividing all our eggs in to more than one basket.

Spurs owner, Peter Holt, is reportedly unimpressed with the teams cap situation and is looking to reform through youth while he has vets like Manu and Duncan onboard as tutors for the next wave of Spurs.

SA also have the legal rights to go after Tiago Splitter of Brazil this year.

If the Spurs sign Splitter, they'll have a nasty front court backed up by Blair.

Richard Jefferson is most likely out:

And with George Hill shining through for them, they're set at the 1 and have 2 years of Ginobili left.

So, bar the SF position, they're practically set, with future cap flexibility in place.

1 Hill
2 Manu
3 - - - -
4 Duncan
5 Splitter

If NY were to offer; Toney D, Chandler and Fields to SA, they'd have to give it some serious consideration, if their goal is to start anew.

The combined salary of the 3 is less than $4M. They're young, Chandler has had a lot of PT experience and a qualifying offer in 2011/12, Douglas has shown promise, Fields as a 2nd round rookie doesn't effect their cap. Result - an instant saving of $10M and a position filled with both a starter and a backup at SF. Douglas, obviously, backs Hill.

NY in effect get Toney Parker for $9.5M after the +/- of the traded salaries. The salary sheet then equates to $24M with a $56.1M cap set in place. > $32M to spend.

So, I'm thinking:

1 Parker - Rautins
2 Walker - someone - please not Korver or Miller
3 Gallo - Giddens
4 Lee - Barron
5 Stat - Jordan

It can be done. Oh yes It can.

And it's no less likely than signing James or Bosh.:smokin:
I like the idea of parker coming here but I do think the Spurs would consider getting Lee in return.

Duncan could play the 5 and Lee with Duncan is still a very intelligent a fantastic front court. And once Duncan gets really old then Lee would take over.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I like the idea of parker coming here but I do think the Spurs would consider getting Lee in return.

Duncan could play the 5 and Lee with Duncan is still a very intelligent a fantastic front court. And once Duncan gets really old then Lee would take over.

He mant to trade Douglas and Chandler, not Lee, I think.

Paul1355

All Star
He mant to trade Douglas and Chandler, not Lee, I think.
He said he would rather not trade Lee or that teh Spurs might not take Lee in return.

I beg to differ.

The Knicks and Spurs would def be open to that move.

Tiago splitter and Blair sound like a solid foundation of PF's in the future but if the Spurs want to improve right now, it's David Lee.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

The main point is that the Spurs owner wants to be under the cap. This is a presentable option to help them do that and get the best out of the post season.

If they add Lee at around $11M with annual salary increments, then that won't help their situation.

It all depends on Splitter. He'd be the cheaper option and the better defender. He's got some game.

mafra

Legend
I think this all depends on what SA feels about Mike D'antoni really. Pops and SA had some battles with PHO. Is there bad blood still? If not, then I see this going down.

I'm sure they would like to help Parker out.... Meaning, they would opt to send him to where he wants to go. I'm sure Parker would love to come to NYC, and play in the SSOL system. I'm also sure SA would be intent on dealing him to the Eastern Confernece so they wont have to face him in the playoffs.

So, it boils down to that. Is there bad blood between D'ant and Pops, so much so that it would spoil any potential deal? If not, then I'm positive something would be worked out.

If cap relief is what they seek, then they can take Curry. We could send them Chandler if they're looking for a young player. Maybe even Fields. Who knows.

I would prefer Parker over signing Johnson to a 6-year max.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think this all depends on what SA feels about Mike D'antoni really. Pops and SA had some battles with PHO. Is there bad blood still? If not, then I see this going down.

I'm sure they would like to help Parker out.... Meaning, they would opt to send him to where he wants to go. I'm sure Parker would love to come to NYC, and play in the SSOL system. I'm also sure SA would be intent on dealing him to the Eastern Confernece so they wont have to face him in the playoffs.

So, it boils down to that. Is there bad blood between D'ant and Pops, so much so that it would spoil any potential deal? If not, then I'm positive something would be worked out.

If cap relief is what they seek, then they can take Curry. We could send them Chandler if they're looking for a young player. Maybe even Fields. Who knows.

I would prefer Parker over signing Johnson to a 6-year max.

Parker's contract expires this year and is $2M more than Curry's. So why bother if you can have Parker over Curry?

Good point about SA sending TP to a place he wants to go and where he'll be out of the way.

I think that whether or not they get A$$ Splitter is the other big key in us retaining Lee. Unless one of the 4 teams interviewing him shortly offer him a lot of cash before LeBron makes his call.

mafra

Legend
Parker's contract expires this year and is $2M more than Curry's. So why bother if you can have Parker over Curry?

Good point about SA sending TP to a place he wants to go and where he'll be out of the way.

I think that whether or not they get A$$ Splitter is the other big key in us retaining Lee. Unless one of the 4 teams interviewing him shortly offer him a lot of cash before LeBron makes his call.

Well, with the front court they have, and the lowkey vibe of the city.... Given the HEIGHT of LAL, SA might take a gamble on Curry. M-I-G-H-T.

With Duncan, Mcdyess and Blair (along with this Brazilian kid), Curry would fill out the depth chart. They would find this a win-win situation. If Curry never plays, then big deal. They save 2 million dollars, and let the youth movement begin at the PG.

But what if Curry returns to form in a contract year? Curry-Duncan would be a formidable duo. HOw to you guard it. Plsu he would be another big body to bang around in the paint.

There's some logic here. But it all depends on how badly they want to move Parker, and how they feel about D'ant.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Well, with the front court they have, and the lowkey vibe of the city.... Given the HEIGHT of LAL, SA might take a gamble on Curry. M-I-G-H-T.

With Duncan, Mcdyess and Blair (along with this Brazilian kid), Curry would fill out the depth chart. They would find this a win-win situation. If Curry never plays, then big deal. They save 2 million dollars, and let the youth movement begin at the PG.

But what if Curry returns to form in a contract year? Curry-Duncan would be a formidable duo. HOw to you guard it. Plsu he would be another big body to bang around in the paint.

There's some logic here. But it all depends on how badly they want to move Parker, and how they feel about D'ant.

I really don't see that gamble as a possibility.

I do agree with the D'Antoni point though. But I think your other point outweighs it - send Parker as far away as possible and pay him homage by letting him pick the team.

Splitter is key. He gets the chance to work under Duncan and is foolish if he doesn't take it. ****ing SA and there brilliant luck!

If the Splitter signing materialises, then the only thing holding us back from this trade or a signing that'll make for equally appealing circumstances is the crucial timing of James' decision.

I personally would prefer to make this proposal today at 10:00am your time.

mafra

Legend
I really don't see that gamble as a possibility.

I do agree with the D'Antoni point though. But I think your other point outweighs it - send Parker as far away as possible and pay him homage by letting him pick the team.

Splitter is key. He gets the chance to work under Duncan and is foolish if he doesn't take it. ****ing SA and there brilliant luck!

If the Splitter signing materialises, then the only thing holding us back from this trade or a signing that'll make for equally appealing circumstances is the crucial timing of James' decision.

I personally would prefer to make this proposal today at 10:00am your time.

This was posted on THEKNICKSBLOG.COM

Via L?Equipe.Fr (translated into English):

?I talked with Pop (Popovich Greppi, Spurs coach), he told me that I?m not going anywhere, says the French L?Equipe on Tuesday. New York and Portland were the two most serious tracks, it?s true, but San Antonio has said no. And I love the club. I want to stay to the last year of contract and then be a free agent. ?

Finger Point to ?Knicks Tweets?

This of course does not mean the Spurs won?t deal TP, but it has to be the right deal. And having RJ opt-out strengthens Parker staying,

-------------

However, this is like when an owner gives his coach a vote of confidence, only to chop off the head a week later.

We would have to give more than Curry. Chandler-Douglas probably.

Paul1355

All Star
This was posted on THEKNICKSBLOG.COM

Via L?Equipe.Fr (translated into English):

?I talked with Pop (Popovich Greppi, Spurs coach), he told me that I?m not going anywhere, says the French L?Equipe on Tuesday. New York and Portland were the two most serious tracks, it?s true, but San Antonio has said no. And I love the club. I want to stay to the last year of contract and then be a free agent. ?

Finger Point to ?Knicks Tweets?

This of course does not mean the Spurs won?t deal TP, but it has to be the right deal. And having RJ opt-out strengthens Parker staying,

-------------

However, this is like when an owner gives his coach a vote of confidence, only to chop off the head a week later.

We would have to give more than Curry. Chandler-Douglas probably.
That makes no sense for the Spurs. Why would they waste Tony Parker?

Sure they can have him for another year but they will not sign huge dollars for him when he is a free agent.

The Spurs will pull what the Nuggets pulled with Carmelo, knowing he won't stay multiple years so they tell teams to offer whatever for a trade.

I think no way they do this. Think about it, we get their 3-time all-star, Finals MVP in exchange for our useless 7-footer or some bench scrubs? Every body in the league knows we're trying to dump these guys and nobody wants them.

I don't think they'd take him just cause he's big. They just renounced two of their bigs.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Jefferson opting out makes it even more unlikely the Spurs will deal Parker. The Spurs will still be slightly over the cap but will need to find a SF on top of bringing Splitter over and filling out the roster. They're not gonna top that off with trying to replace an All-Star PG.

The only shot the Knicks have at getting Parker is if Jefferson re-signs to a more modest contract.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That video of those 2 musical moo cows is hilarious. That dude spent way too much time in the "psychadelic ballroom".

And yes, Jefferson's opt out does make it a lot less likely. You'd be glad to see Jefferson gone as a fan of SA I assume?

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
That video of those 2 musical moo cows is hilarious. That dude spent way too much time in the "psychadelic ballroom".
Robin Tyner was the shit. That being said he looks completely ridiculous.

And yes, Jefferson's opt out does make it a lot less likely. You'd be glad to see Jefferson gone as a fan of SA I assume?
Well if he opts out and leaves without a S&T I'll be really pissed because the Spurs will be in the same position (MLE, LLE, minimum contracts) as they were before he opted out but will need to add finding a starting SF to their to-do list. It would screw them over. Unfortunately the best, most realistic option is him re-signing for less. I'd love to see him go in a S&T, bringing the Spurs a nice trade exception but I don't see it happening.

I really don't see the Spurs trading Parker at this point. Hill is NOT a 1 and they don't really have a backup PG other than Manu. They're not gonna give up their All-Star PG and be left with basically nothing. Sorry knicks fans. Just be glad Johnson got a max offer from Atlanta :lol: