Who has more to prove this season?

Who has more to prove in 2012/2013?

• Total voters

KingCharles34

All Star
I made my point very clear .. we all know the majority of players in Baseball/Football/Soccer/Basketball are all injured in someway when the postseason arrives .. if it aint broken star-players like K.Martin/Billups/Amare will appear in all postseason games .. except when one of their teammates are name Carmelo Anthony.

Having Billups experience running the Knicks series vs the Boston Celtics .. the no-center Celtics didnt have a chance at winning 2 games vs the Big-Shot-Billups Knicks in a series .. The first game of the Boston series Billups held a 5+ point lead over the Celtics from the open tap to the final 2 minutes of the game when Billups got injured, or did Billups get injured? or did Billups get damn tired of Melo begging-begging for the ball for 46 minutes looking at Dantoni everytime he was denied the ball?
Those last 2 minutes without Billups in the lineup, PG-TD refuse Melo the ball to hit a 3 pointer to give the Knicks a 6 point lead with 1.35 remaining in the game. How did the Knicks lose that DAMN game???

A selfish egotistical Melo had Dolan extend his contract before the regular season ended .. Billups was working on getting his contract extended before the Knicks postseason ended .. did Melo offer any help to teammate Billups at getting his contract extended???

Crazy.... heres a question for u .. Why did the Knicks waste their amnesty on Billups when they didnt have to agree to his final offersheet???
mike-tyson-punch.gif

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I made my point very clear .. we all know the majority of players in Baseball/Football/Soccer/Basketball are all injured in someway when the postseason arrives .. if it aint broken star-players like K.Martin/Billups/Amare will appear in all postseason games .. except when one of their teammates are name Carmelo Anthony.

That is one of the more presumptuous things I've read on here in a long time. It's not a majority. It's common that some individuals have lingering injuries, but to say that the majority do is just wrong.

That's called confabulatory reasoning, Kiyaman.

Did Billups get damn tired of Melo begging-begging for the ball for 46 minutes looking at Dantoni everytime he was denied the ball?
Those last 2 minutes without Billups in the lineup, PG-TD refuse Melo the ball to hit a 3 pointer to give the Knicks a 6 point lead with 1.35 remaining in the game. How did the Knicks lose that DAMN game???

They lost Billups and got raped by the refs. One of the worst non-calls in playoff history.

A selfish egotistical Melo had Dolan extend his contract before the regular season ended .. Billups was working on getting his contract extended before the Knicks postseason ended .. did Melo offer any help to teammate Billups at getting his contract extended???

Crazy.... heres a question for u .. Why did the Knicks waste their amnesty on Billups when they didnt have to agree to his final offersheet???

Why did the Knicks waste their amnesty? A CP3 pipe dream. That amnesty for the package prepared for exchange was a joke, and one of the more poorly thought out scenarios since the rebuild.

Amazingly, there were a lot of people on here that bought in to it.

Melo and Dolan, Dolan and Melo, La La and Melo and Dolan. It was all about cash. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing other.

And, Kiyaman, you have STILL failed to refer to the injuries as an issue in both first round losses as reasoning behind the Knicks' struggles. Instead, you'll say basically anything to help yourself convince yourself that you are right.

this is f*cking hilarious. +rep reloaded. -rep Denny

aw sh*t, i musta neg-repped phaggotDen already, gotta spread my neg-rep around!!
who's next to get neg-repped? Crazy 8's? that loco ochos deserves it, but i love
his gayme threads so much!! (so homo)

Is there still some yeast in that mangina of yours, Clyde? :lol:

nyk_nyk

All Star
yeah i also remember Jason Kidd when he was with the Nets, Marcus Camby when he was the starting center for the Knicks and Kurt Thomas with the Heat. oh yeah don't forget STAT when he was with the Suns. doesn't mean ****. There is also the argument about PG's and D'antoni's system.

Felton was a fatty and was benched for awhile last season. Like I said, he's still a scrub to me until he proves me wrong. which i hope he does. It won't be hard either because I have 0 expectations for Felton.

yeah i also remember Jason Kidd when he was with the Nets, Marcus Camby when he was the starting center for the Knicks and Kurt Thomas with the Heat. oh yeah don't forget STAT when he was with the Suns. doesn't mean ****. There is also the argument about PG's and D'antoni's system.

Felton was a fatty and was benched for awhile last season. Like I said, he's still a scrub to me until he proves me wrong. which i hope he does. It won't be hard either because I have 0 expectations for Felton.

So basically you highlight everything bad about Felton but can't manage to give him the credit he deserves while he was on the Knicks. Got it.

He was damn near an all-star for us but he's STILL a scrub that needs to prove you wrong? You obviously just don't like the guy, because your reasoning sucks.

nyk_nyk

All Star
The day Carmelo Anthony arrived in New York the Knicks went back to its 2001 to 2009 Chaotic behaviour .. getting SWEEP in the first round with super-star Rice then super-star Marbury having one to many 23 win seasons.

The 2011-12 Knicks season with Carmelo Anthony getting the ball on every offensive possession started the season with a 8-15 record before getting injured .. Who saved the Knicks 2011-12 season from becoming a 23 win season? a product from the D.League who performance was labeled "Lin-Sanity" .. The Truth Hurts!!!

Now who is it that need the most improvement next season?
The career super-star who gets knocked out of the playoff in the first-round...

The choices were STAT or Felton. If you need to vent about Melo there's a thread created just for that. Its also a sticky!

I got no beef with you Kiya but at least offer something worthwhile to the immediate subject first.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Agreed 100%, Melo is the one that have the most to prove. He is a selfish player that only care about his own stats. This is a make or break season for him. Another one and out in the playoff and he will be forever known as a superstar loser.

Really, at the age of 28? I guess there's nothing he can do after that. He might as well retire huh?

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
So basically you highlight everything bad about Felton but can't manage to give him the credit he deserves while he was on the Knicks. Got it.

He was damn near an all-star for us but he's STILL a scrub that needs to prove you wrong? You obviously just don't like the guy, because your reasoning sucks.

it is pretty simple. he got fat and lazy which implies he has no heart. Regardless of being unhappy playing off the bench or playing with a coach he didn't like. When was he an all star for us? and when was he a fatty lazy dude.

when felton was a damn near all-star, STAT was still playing like a beast. Felton sucked last year and Stat sucked last year. What should my expectations of STAT be this year? Pre Carmelo ERA?

Felton had one good year with the Knicks and now I expect him to come back and put up the same numbers after a year of fattiness? At least STAT has put together a couple of years and most of us are HOPING that he performs somewhere near that level.

My reasoning doesn't suck. Like I said, I have 0 expectations for him. So I am sure that he will surprise me with a decent year. But if he sucks this year it would be expected.

On the other hand if STAT sucks this year, he will be crushed by the Knicks fans. That's why he has more to prove.

Honestly I think that we should compare Melo and Stat as to who has more to prove. They both have huge questions that they need to prove wrong.

Kiyaman

Legend
The choices were STAT or Felton. If you need to vent about Melo there's a thread created just for that. Its also a sticky!

I got no beef with you Kiya but at least offer something worthwhile to the immediate subject first.

That is the point .. Stat & Felton have nothing to prove .. we all know what we will get out of Stat & Felton on the same roster.

Stat & Felton names does not belong in the poll.
Felton has a career as a consistent average PG .. Felton will give us a little more than what he gave with the Bobcats. Felton has to accept that his best role may be as a backup PG to give us deeper depth in the backcourt.
Stat is Stat .. Stat has nothing to prove, he has a career of consistency as a star-player in the regular season and postseason gamess.

Melo has not prove anything in two seasons in NY
JR Smith 30 minutes of playingtime has proved nothing as a Knicks

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
That is the point .. Stat & Felton have nothing to prove .. we all know what we will get out of Stat & Felton on the same roster.

Felton has a career as a consistent average PG .. Felton will give us a little more than what he gave with the Bobcats. Felton has to accept that his best role may be as a backup PG to give us deeper depth in the backcourt.
Stat is Stat .. Stat has nothing to prove, he has a career of consistency as a star-player in the regular season and postseason gamess.

Why do you even bother posting here, all you post is negative rubbish. AND you always HAVE to go against what everyone is saying. Your hate for certain players overrides and logic or reason in your post and I doubt anyone takes you seriously here.

nyk_nyk

All Star

I have to respectfully disagree. Stat and Felton have nothing to prove?? Why do you think STAT has been posting pics and videos of him working out? He knows he was trash last season and wants to PROVE to everyone that he is the same dominant player from 2 years ago.

Felton has PLENTY to prove to the people (media included) that desperately wanted Lin back. He also has to prove that he can lead this team and get the Melo/Amare tandem working. Knicks let Lin go and decided to go with Felton, so he has A LOT to prove and plenty of pressure that comes with it. I'm sure he can handle it though.

Melo proved that he is still a lethal scorer.
Melo proved that he is damn near unguardable at the 4.
Melo proved that he can be as clutch in NY as he was in DEN.(see CHI game)

Last season was hampered by subpar pg play, injurues and lousy coaching. If Melo was able to get us past MIA by himself he'd be the best player on the planet.

p0nder

Starter
nyk_nyk, i want to point out melo has been posting just as many vids and pics of himself working out. He feels that he has something to prove.

The truth is they all have something to prove; who has the most? I am unsure.

Felton had his body, toughness and heart questioned. That's incredibly hard to take and I'm sure that he's got as big of a chip on his shoulder as anyone this season.

Melo has to prove he can perform in NY, in the playoffs and lead the team to WINS not just points.

STAT has to prove that he can handle his emotions (fire extinguisher), evolve his offensive game, Play defense, find spacing on the floor, and get some athleticism back. Out of the three I'd say he has the biggest hill to climb and the highest expectations (especially after the PR with hakeem and the twitter incident).

I said Felton orginially because he was DNP doghouse status in protland but i think i'd vote that STAT has the most to prove.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why do you even bother posting here, all you post is negative rubbish. AND you always HAVE to go against what everyone is saying. Your hate for certain players overrides and logic or reason in your post and I doubt anyone takes you seriously here.

u are one of the poster that need to STFU and just read, stop sharing your non-team opinion.
The Knicks won 11 of the season final 16 games off the strength of Tyson/Novak/Fields/Shump/and Davis defensive-stops in the final quarter.

So what Iso-Melo was the high scorer in the final 16 games, the ball was in his hands on every offensive possession, but it was Novak peremeter shooting in the 4th quarter that hurt our oponents chances to win.

All of them have something to prove, Melo has to get his teammates clicking. Amare needs to work on his defensive awareness and chemistry with Tyson and Melo. Felton and Kidd just have to facilitate but it?ll be nice if both of them stepped up their defense and energy. Everyone else just needs to create spacing, concentrate on their defense, and stay active. Their offense will become automatic if they just play with some heart and a sense of urgency.

Kiyaman

Legend
I have to respectfully disagree. Stat and Felton have nothing to prove?? Why do you think STAT has been posting pics and videos of him working out? He knows he was trash last season and wants to PROVE to everyone that he is the same dominant player from 2 years ago.

Felton has PLENTY to prove to the people (media included) that desperately wanted Lin back. He also has to prove that he can lead this team and get the Melo/Amare tandem working. Knicks let Lin go and decided to go with Felton, so he has A LOT to prove and plenty of pressure that comes with it. I'm sure he can handle it though.

Melo proved that he is still a lethal scorer. (with no-defense)
Melo proved that he is damn near unguardable at the 4. (vs mediocre PF)
Melo proved that he can be as clutch in NY as he was in DEN.(see CHI game) what about the playoffs

Last season was hampered by subpar pg play, injurues and lousy coaching. If Melo was able to get us past MIA by himself he'd be the best player on the planet.

The Knicks number 1 important thing to prove ....
Melo & Stat has to prove they can CO-EXIST as teammates

Stat co-existed with 75% of his Knicks teammates in 2 seasons.
Melo co-existed with 0% of his Knicks teammates in 2 seasons.
Stat's career high scoring average of 22 pts at 53% FGA -vs-
Melo career high scoring average of 24 pts at 45% FGA
Every Knicks offensive-play went through ISO-Melo first ..
Stat was lucky to receive the ball 1 time out of every 5 offensive possession since the arrival of Melo.
Are u sure Stat has more to prove than Melo?

As for Felton, in the past 7 yrs there were few teams in the East with a dominating winning backcourt tandem .. Piston/Celtics/and Lebron Cavs

Felton got his individual PG game handed to him on a silver-plater by the backcourt tandems in the Western Conference the past two seasons (embarrassed)
Felton's 6 yr career in the East as an individual PG was not ready to go against the Western Conference best backcourt combination night after night after night with an individual SG Crawford as a backcourt teammate LOL .. It was funny watching Felton's Portland Blazers go against OKC/Lakers/Mavs/Grizz/Spurs/Clippers/Nuggets/Minny/and GS guards rotation.

The Knicks adding starter guards in Kidd & Brewer to the guard rotation automatically improves Felton's all-around talent as a guard. Knicks- Kidd/Felton/Brewer/Shump with Kidd running the show...

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
u are one of the poster that need to STFU and just read, stop sharing your non-team opinion.
The Knicks won 11 of the season final 16 games off the strength of Tyson/Novak/Fields/Shump/and Davis defensive-stops in the final quarter.

So what Iso-Melo was the high scorer in the final 16 games, the ball was in his hands on every offensive possession, but it was Novak peremeter shooting in the 4th quarter that hurt our oponents chances to win.

So your saying a lineup of Kidd/Brewer/Melo/Camby/Tyson won't get the same if not more defensive stops?

iJoe

Rotation player
In my opinion, no one has even close to the amount that Amare has to prove...

Felton has a small contract, Melo proved he could carry the team for a stretch last season and the rest have their roles.

Amare is the key to everything. He needs to regain his jump shot, but at the same time not rely on it as much. We'll see if his talk of defense (which he has said every freakin year) actually holds up.

He doesn't need to go crazy in the post as some people seem to expect, but he NEEDS to be able to post against mismatches.

They're too small? Post on their ass. Big and slow? Face up and dunk on their ass. Its all about having more options.

petescud

Starter
I think STAT has a breakout year...just a feeling, as i think he's embarrassed from last year's fire extinguisher incident, venting his frustration

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT STAT

I bumped this thread because I literally think about how pivotal his importance to this team is multiple times, on a daily basis.

I mean f*ck, dudes! Look at our first 12 games.

Thu 01 @ Brooklyn 7:00pm
Fri 02 vs Miami 8:00pm
Sun 04 vs Philadelphia 12:00pm
Mon 05 @ Philadelphia 7:00pm
Fri 09 vs Dallas 7:30pm
Tue 13 @ Orlando 7:00pm
Thu 15 @ San Antonio 8:30pm
Fri 16 @ Memphis 9:30pm
Sun 18 vs Indiana 12:00pm
Tue 20 @ New Orleans 8:00pm
Wed 21 @ Dallas 8:30pm
Fri 23 @ Houston 8:00pm

20 motherf'ing MILLION dollars! He better be ready, cause a slow start to this season resulting in losses will hit him right between the goggles.

Gaaagghhhhh! :wallbash:

KingCharles34

All Star
Crazy I agree with u 100% on this. Hes undeniably has the most to prove after last year. How far we go is a positive correlation with how well he plays. He needs to be the 2nd best player on the team and not too far behind Carmelo, I believe he still has the ability. I believe he can still be a top PF in the league, but do i believe he will be? Probably not, im afraid. But we'll see