Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
After last night how can you post this garbage??? People like you are exactly why Melo couldn't wait to get out of Denver. Denver is a bigoted cowtown that treats its black sportsstars like crap all the way back to chasing Chris Jackson out of town for not standing during the national anthem. Keep that sad attitude toward black stars in your cowtown. How "lazy" was that 30 Melo dropped in the 4th quarter last night??? NY was 12-17 in the last 30 games before the trade and you are still bitching??? Miss that "Cock" your life??? Go be a Nuggets fan then and save us Knicks fans from your hateful tirades. And I put that ON CHIEF!!!!

^^Talk about a hateful tirade...

I am a fan of Melo and don't agree with LJ but your post is idiotic and dripped with unnecessary talk about race. (par for your course) Again I am a fan but one quarter does not mean anything and citing it as proof of anything shows how foolish you really are. Further, Denver did not run Melo out of anywhere and wanted him to sign the extension up to the day he left. You sir are an ignorant troll and need to think before you type.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
After last night how can you post this garbage??? People like you are exactly why Melo couldn't wait to get out of Denver. Denver is a bigoted cowtown that treats its black sportsstars like crap all the way back to chasing Chris Jackson out of town for not standing during the national anthem. Keep that sad attitude toward black stars in your cowtown. How "lazy" was that 30 Melo dropped in the 4th quarter last night??? NY was 12-17 in the last 30 games before the trade and you are still bitching??? Miss that "Cock" your life??? Go be a Nuggets fan then and save us Knicks fans from your hateful tirades. And I put that ON CHIEF!!!!

Yea this was uncalled for Jim. Lj's a good poster who's in the minority on Melo, but that's no reason to go off on him.

KingCharles34

All Star

lol this has to be one of the worst but funniest posts I've seen in a minute :lol:

What LJ says about Carmelo is on point, hes watched Melo more then any of us so I respect his opinion the most

There is one thing i disagree with LJ about.....LJ, how did Melo force his way out of Denver? I look at it as being honest. Correct me if im wrong, but i think it went something like this

Melo told Denver he would only sign an extension with the Knicks

Thats just keepin it real, if anything he did Denver a favor by being honest with them. If he led them to believe there was a very good chance that he would resign like lebron did with the cavs, then that coulda really fukked denver up in the summer. All i remember Melo was sayin was that he would take a good hard look at resigning with Denver, but to me that tells me that while hes mostly interested in New York, if things dont work out he might have been interested in returning with the Nuggets

Wasnt it the Nets that drove up the price for Carmelo?

nyk_nyk

All Star
lol this has to be one of the worst but funniest posts I've seen in a minute :lol:

What LJ says about Carmelo is on point, hes watched Melo more then any of us so I respect his opinion the most

There is one thing i disagree with LJ about.....LJ, how did Melo force his way out of Denver? I look at it as being honest. Correct me if im wrong, but i think it went something like this

Melo told Denver he would only sign an extension with the Knicks

Thats just keepin it real, if anything he did Denver a favor by being honest with them. If he led them to believe there was a very good chance that he would resign like lebron did with the cavs, then that coulda really fukked denver up in the summer. All i remember Melo was sayin was that he would take a good hard look at resigning with Denver, but to me that tells me that while hes mostly interested in New York, if things dont work out he might have been interested in returning with the Nuggets

Wasnt it the Nets that drove up the price for Carmelo?

You make some good points.

pat

Starter
Still here. It's about consistency with Melo. He'll have a 5-20 and lazy defensive game soon. This is what Melo does. I fully expected fans to be dazzled by Melo initially but in Colorado we are all too familiar with this sort of play.

+ 1
Essentially this game was only different in one respect: Melo made his shots. Again, the movement stopped once he had the ball. It is just that he is obviously more hyped against Orlando than against the Bucks. In the long run, however, this won't do. Be prepared for this to go circus ugly.

jimkcchief88

All Star
^^Talk about a hateful tirade...

I am a fan of Melo and don't agree with LJ but your post is idiotic and dripped with unnecessary talk about race. (par for your course) Again I am a fan but one quarter does not mean anything and citing it as proof of anything shows how foolish you really are. Further, Denver did not run Melo out of anywhere and wanted him to sign the extension up to the day he left. You sir are an ignorant troll and need to think before you type.

WTF ever. I lived in Denver and saw the KKK rallies on the steps of the capital as the boos came down on Chris Jackson for standing up to for his religious beliefs. That's ignorant, not me. And any person of color knows what "lazy" is code for and knows what follows.... Stay out of grown folks business White Mike

LJ4ptplay

Starter
WTF ever. I lived in Denver and saw the KKK rallies on the steps of the capital as the boos came down on Chris Jackson for standing up to for his religious beliefs. That's ignorant, not me. And any person of color knows what "lazy" is code for and knows what follows.... Stay out of grown folks business White Mike

F*ck off. I am not a racist. I am the furthest thing from a racist. Go seek counseling.

KBlack25

Starter
Christ, now this thing is starting to get racist...

Newsflash: Calling a lazy black person lazy is not racist. Calling an ignorant white person ignorant is also not racist.

This kind of shit has been on this board for a while, those of us who defended Gallinari were defending him because we were "racist", and we wanted to root for a white guy. Bashing Carmelo is now racist because he is black? #ComeOnSon.

There has been no racism spewed here at all, just racism read into something that has no racial undertones at all.

It is the job of the coach to adapt to the players not the other way around. Real coaches play to their player?s strength. They design schemes that highlight the player?s abilities. Unfortunately, our coach is force feeding the players a flawed system because he doesn?t know how to strategize and/or utilize their talents properly.

It?s about the players; you don?t see people running out to buy D?Antoni jerseys?.or going to the games to see him pacing the sidelines with that silly look on his face.

I would love to have a player?s only league so we can see the true potential and talents of basketball. If we could get rid of the coaches, the games will be way more exciting. I never really liked the fact that a guy in a suit, who is not in the game scrapping and sweating with the players, has so much control over it. Some coach's ruin sports.

pat

Starter
I would love to have a player?s only league so we can see the true potential and talents of basketball.

Sorry, but this is the most ridiculous thing I ever read. The NBA is an enterprise. If it were more exiting to watch games in a players only league, the NBA would be such a league.
The more exiting, the more revenue, also coaches have to be paid. Why on earth would anybody pay a coach if he does not add anything to the game.
Also I have to disagree with you on who has to adapt. How on earth could a coach tailor his system to all the players involved, especially if you have got players who get into each others way? It is much easier if you assign certain roles and people have to adapt to these roles. This is the case in all different kinds of areas of human interaction (business, administration, military). You apply for a post, not as "Real NY Baller". Did anybody ever think of a job description in order to find a reason to employ you?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

You're a tool and not a very sharp one...

knicksin60

Starter

Were you also one of those Knick fans who believed that Isiah Thomas took more heat than Scott Layden because of his skin color?

@PAT

Sorry, but this is the most ridiculous thing I ever read. The NBA is an enterprise. If it were more exiting to watch games in a players only league, the NBA would be such a league.

The most ridiculous thing you ever read? Well, you must be reading a lot of great material lately, lucky you. I guarantee you if there were a poll on this, the players would rather figure out how to play together as oppose to playing to the way an old suit relaxing on the bench (screaming out plays) wants them to play. And there probably wouldn?t be a CBA either?

The more exiting, the more revenue,
Yes, and the players know just how to make it exciting. Do you actually think it?s the coach doing the Ariel dunks and netting the 3?s? Players can come up with their own strategies by feeling each other out and designing their own plays??..that will ultimately work to their strengths.

also coaches have to be paid.

Not if they are not in the league?

I still don?t know why they put them there. At first, I thought they were there to get the players to use their full potential, but that isn?t always the case?now is it? Most coaches have the players playing the way they want?sought of like people playing these NBA video games. It's like a egotistical game of chess within the actual game. There is no real need for coaches, It's a shame when the coach is seen to be more important or just as important as the players. Dr. James Naismith, the inventor of Basketball even admitted the game has changed for the worse since coaches were implemented. I tend to agree.

Also I have to disagree with you on who has to adapt. How on earth could a coach tailor his system to all the players involved, especially if you have got players who get into each others way?

Basketball players (Athletes) recognize each others skill sets and will figure it out. It?s the most basic thing in team sports?even the guys playing on the blacktops know this. This is natural in athletes.

It is much easier if you assign certain roles and people have to adapt to these roles.

Assign certain roles? Are you telling me the players (who know what they can and cannot do) can?t figure this out? Way too often, it?s the coaches that are taking the players out of their natural positions and making them into the type of players they are less comfortable with. If they don?t fit the role then they probably don?t fit the team. The players will recognize this and make adjustments, no coach needed, it?s not rocket science.

This is the case in all different kinds of areas of human interaction (business, administration, military). Correction, in business/administration many of the positions are earned and/or applied for. How many people do you know will hire you for a position you were never trained in, or good at? Maybe if you have ties to the organization you might get lucky and hired as an intern or trainee?for that very position. But we are talking about B-Ball here?right?

pat

Starter
Well, you must be reading a lot of great material lately, lucky you.

Sadly, the opposite is true. For professional reasons I have to read a lot of pointless stuff.
Yes, and the players know just how to make it exciting. Do you actually think it’s the coach doing the Ariel dunks and netting the 3’s?
So why isn't there an owner who says "Let's try it without a coach!"?

Not if they are not in the league…
Once again, if they are so pointless, why isn't there an owner who makes this decision?

Dr. James Naismith, the inventor of Basketball even admitted the game has changed for the worse since coaches were implemented. I tend to agree.
Has? Do you think he is still alive? Naismith wanted to have a game in which athleticism does not play a role. He did not want people to dunk. He wanted to create a non-physical game. By introducing tactics, schemes and improving players athleticism, coaches made the game more athletic and, yes, exciting. He didn't like that.

Basketball players (Athletes) recognize each others skill sets and will figure it out.

Yeah and Lee and Randolph both figured out how they can be successful together, or Marbury and whomsoever.

Assign certain roles? Are you telling me the players (who know what they can and cannot do) can’t figure this out?
It is hard to see the bigger picture if you are on the insight. This is why there is coaching. So, no I would be really surprised if they could figure it out accurately.

Correction, in business/administration many of the positions are earned and/or applied for.

Correct. So the position has be designed beforehand. Without coaches there wouldn't even be certain positions in basketball. Even streetball players where taught the basics by somebody in a mentor position.

jimkcchief88

All Star
F*ck off. I am not a racist. I am the furthest thing from a racist. Go seek counseling.

So Mr. "I'm not a racist" did you see Melo drop another 39 points and talk about defense in his post game interview instead??? I suggest you take a look at yourself in the mirror and then go take a history class, preferably US history around the Civil War period and then come back and talk to me. Heard you have a school there in the middle of your cow pastures....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Christ, now this thing is starting to get racist...

Newsflash: Calling a lazy black person lazy is not racist. Calling an ignorant white person ignorant is also not racist.

This kind of shit has been on this board for a while, those of us who defended Gallinari were defending him because we were "racist", and we wanted to root for a white guy. Bashing Carmelo is now racist because he is black? #ComeOnSon.

There has been no racism spewed here at all, just racism read into something that has no racial undertones at all.

RIF(Reading is Fundamental). Haven't had to post that in a while but it was "Hannibal Lecture"(lol) who called ME an ignorant troll. In case you guys forgot, I am a PRIME and will take on all of you....

P.S. And I suggest you enroll in the same class I suggested for LJ.... When I joined this board 5 years ago we used to talk about high brow stuff here like race and the NBA... Look it up... But I guess topics like this are too deep of water for our current members to swim in... SHAME