Kwame on the Knicks?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Uh...

How is any of that not true? How are any of those things that we DON'T need? Every Knick fan knows that we lack rebounding and paint presence and Kwame brings both of those things.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Except Eddy Curry has never been a good rebounder, ever.

Kwame averaged 6.8 rebounds per game in 26 minutes. Per 36 minutes, he averages 8.9 rebounds per game, and 1 block per game.

I'm not saying he's going to be a game changer but what's wrong with getting him for the minimum salary?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Kwame averaged 6.8 rebounds per game in 26 minutes. Per 36 minutes, he averages 8.9 rebounds per game, and 1 block per game.

I'm not saying he's going to be a game changer but what's wrong with getting him for the minimum salary?

Quoted for the truthiness ofit.. :smokin:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Maybe nothing. Let's hope if we get in situations like we did with Jeffries in game 2 of the Playoffs, it won't be Kwame catching it, it'd at least be Turiaf.

*Forgot Where Turiaf Was During That Play*

Marek

Benchwarmer

Exactly. These days, any 7-footer who doesn't absolutely suck is hard to find. There are 30 teams, and not enough centers to go around.

Lucky for NY, we don't need a star center. We need a big body who can run the floor, clog the middle on defense, and doesn't expect many touches on offense. Just get out of Amare's way on the block, and focus on rebounds and put-backs.

Personally, I'd prefer a defensive-minded guy like Tyson Chandler or Javale McGee, but that's not happening. Kwame would suffice if he settles for a 1yr minimum deal, and that would let the team fill other holes.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Kwame should sign here to get the chance to play with Amar'e and Carmelo.

He's nothing special and ideally I don't want him to even shoot the ball at all.

Problem is even if he came here with the sole intention of rebounding and shot blocking he'd get benched by D'Antoni.

STAT1

Starter
Exactly. These days, any 7-footer who doesn't absolutely suck is hard to find. There are 30 teams, and not enough centers to go around.

This is the exact same "reasoning" I heard some Knick fans use to try & justify the Jerome James signing.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This is the exact same "reasoning" I heard some Knick fans use to try & justify the Jerome James signing.

The problem with Jerome James wasn't getting him, it was giving him the full Mid-Level Exception.

Signing Jerome James for a year would've been a failed experiment and then we would've been done with his fatass. But no Isiah signed him to a long-term deal.

As long as we don't waste valuable cap space on anybody we sign, it's a low-risk move. No multi-year deals.

STAT1

Starter
The problem with Jerome James wasn't getting him, it was giving him the full Mid-Level Exception.

Signing Jerome James for a year would've been a failed experiment and then we would've been done with his fatass. But no Isiah signed him to a long-term deal.

As long as we don't waste valuable cap space on anybody we sign, it's a low-risk move. No multi-year deals.

Fair enough. I personally don't see the fascination in going after a player who's been known to not play with intensity & doesn't have good basketball instincts. I want a guy who's a blue collar type player, someone who I know will go out & compete every night & give forth a max effort. I'd much rather target Jeff Foster for example than someone like Kwame Brown. That's just me.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Fair enough. I personally don't see the fascination in going after a player who's been known to not play with intensity & doesn't have good basketball instincts. I want a guy who's a blue collar type player, someone who I know will go out & compete every night & give forth a max effort. I'd much rather target Jeff Foster for example than someone like Kwame Brown. That's just me.

I mean, if we could get Jeff Foster that'd be excellent. I'm just saying Kwame is an option we have because we really are THAT desperate for rebounding.

What if we got them both on one-year deals and had them each play 20-25 minutes a game? A capable coach could make it work. D'Antoni, on the other hand...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I mean, if we could get Jeff Foster that'd be excellent. I'm just saying Kwame is an option we have because we really are THAT desperate for rebounding.

What if we got them both on one-year deals and had them each play 20-25 minutes a game? A capable coach could make it work. D'Antoni, on the other hand...
Both get those minutes? We have Turiaf.

STAT1

Starter

Honestly, I think just getting a hustle style player like a Jeff Foster to go with Turiaf & Jorts at the C position would be enough depth at that position. All 3 of those guys will give a max effort whenever they're on the floor. We won't have to worry about 1 of them coasting the way we would if Kwame Brown were playing the position. After you sign up Foster all you would need is a capable 3/4 swing guy like a Shawne Williams to back up Melo & STAT. Those are the types of signings I think we should be making (since the obvious plan is that the Knicks will wait til 2012 to make the big splash). We should be steering clear of underachievers & guys that have a reputation of not hustling.