I need to confess something, we blew it for the ages.

KingCharles34

All Star
The Knicks fukked up, Donnie didnt want this but im hoping it can still work out with the right pieces mixed in. Im looking forward to seeing Shumpert back soon its been torture watching some of these other guards fail. I think a better coach would be key to getting the most out of this team

KBlack25

Starter
Thanks for your replies guys, I just had to get it off my chest.

I understand the deals been made, and its time to move on...and that I will do and support this team 100%...it's just not a good gut feeling about our teams success.

I don't know what the NBA is doing with overpaying these centers. This is why they had a lockout.

Nene is a favorite players of mines but I'm realistic here. He's fragile and not consistent to get a 60 mil contract.

DeAndre Jordan hasn't played 30 minutes per game in a season...there should be a rule on limiting the amount of these signings to role players.

Its nuts right now...anyone remember the Rashard Lewis trade? He's the second highest paid player in the NBA behind Kobe right now. #epicfail.

I understand your trepidaton - but the way Tyson protected the rim in the finals is something this team hasn't had since Oakley and Mason were patrolling the paint.

Over-paid? Maybe - but that's the going rate. We aren't getting a competent center at $8 mil...hell KWAME BROWN got a 7 mil deal.

metrocard

Legend
Maybe I'm still in resent from the Jerome James deal. I don't favor the concept of signing a center who preforms well in the playoffs to a giant contract.

KBlack25

Starter
Maybe I'm still in resent from the Jerome James deal. I don't favor the concept of signing a center who preforms well in the playoffs to a giant contract.

Fair enough - but I cannot agree at all with the thought that he had nothing to do with the Mavs win of the title. The way he protected the rim was huge for them.

Plus - I like him setting our guys up for a good defensive set.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
If we had to do the Melo deal again then we should 100 times, he's already shown against Boston in game 2 last year why.

I love Gallo, I love what he did and I still follow his progress but he's not Melo.

Chandler was a player I always saw as overrated.

Mozgov was like Bambi on ice and Randolph was more hit than miss.

The only player I really miss from the point of view of not being able to replace him was Felton.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
This team was built to sell tickets and please the impatient and ignorant NY fans, not win a championship.
Gotta admit, NY is a money town. Championships? Screw the championships; we got money!

Well, going to MSG/TWC/stuff I'd rather not think about.

I still like the 'Melo trade; we got a first-rate G in Chauncey Billups (even though he was injured for the playoffs), a hometown hero in Anthony, Curry finally left, and the Knicks had good building blocks to get Tyson and got really lucky in landing Shumpy. I doubt Mozgov would be getting minutes with MD'A like he is with Karl in Denver.

Right now, we have a pretty deep frontcourt. We just need a better backcourt dynamic.

Wargames

Starter
Gotta admit, NY is a money town. Championships? Screw the championships; we got money!

Well, going to MSG/TWC/stuff I'd rather not think about.

I still like the 'Melo trade; we got a first-rate G in Chauncey Billups (even though he was injured for the playoffs), a hometown hero in Anthony, Curry finally left, and the Knicks had good building blocks to get Tyson and got really lucky in landing Shumpy. I doubt Mozgov would be getting minutes with MD'A like he is with Karl in Denver.

Right now, we have a pretty deep frontcourt. We just need a better backcourt dynamic.

Tell that to the Met fan around some Yankee fans. Honestly the only reason I think Dolan even is trying to put a better quality team out their is that he knows if the Nets come here and win first the Knicks will be background fodder forever.... I mean the Mets have won championships and they're still treated as a second tier team by the general populace who has no real allegiance to either team.

Anyhow like someone said put it in perspective. The knicks paid tyson 15. That is less than the warriors wanted to give him for the same years, and he turned down 20 million straight up for one year and the possibilty for more (if Dwight & deron goes to the Nets). We didn't overpay for him, look at the Mavs now for evidence.

Also the Knicks didn't bid against themselves for Baron Davis services (like they would have under Zeke) and he accepted the vet minimum to help the team. Nor did they trade what little depth they had for Jamal Crawford to create a second blackhole on offense. They also have some money to throw at Kenyon Martin still (though maybe they should of brought Stevenson in but that might hurt the development of shumpert). They actually have a roster and have drafted well the last two years.

They're playing smart... they may not be smart..... but at least they're trying to pretend their best to look smart.

Last edited: