That ****ing ref better sleep with one eye open

Zylx

Benchwarmer
This is the Boston Celtics we are dealing with. Of course they get Bull**** Calls. I had to go to the store after the 2nd started and I recorded the 2nd half on DVR. Boy was I pissed. that foul on Carmelo was pathetic. Pierce the flopper. Someone needs to knock that smug look off his face as well.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Mother ****er. We Had This ****ing Game, How The **** Does Some Shit Like That Happen?

Offensive Foul!?!?!? Are You Blowing Me??!?

mafra

Legend
Agree 180%! They need to hand down a fine or suspension or something to that ref, that was a joke.....still cant believe it.

Not only were the hands on the back, but when Carmelo stopped after he caught the ball, Pierce initiated the contact b/c his momentum carried him into Anthony's back, then when "melo leaned back quickly, Paul flopped a bit.

The bottom line was the ref had whistle in his mouth and was ready to blow it. First sign of contact, without even thinking, b/c makng a call is in the DNA of NBA refs... he blows the whistle. PLZ. Keep the whistle on your chest... Only blow it if somebody gains a CLEAR advantage b/c of contact.

A knee-jerk, almost involuntary reaction and the game is lost.

Look... most likely BOS wins regardless. Even if Melo swishes the 2-pointer in that spot... But to have the ref take away a possession down the final 30 seconds? Just can't be allowed to happen.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
You guys really think the ref blew the game? The replay i saw definitely was an offensive foul. Melo cost us the game and to me showed why he has had such little play-off success. He continues to chuck up shots when Amare had 28 points and two of the best baskets of the game with three minutes left. Then all of a sudden melo goes back to being a ball stopper followed by a fade away chuck. While i certainly understand Melo makes us a contender he has a lot to work on. Instead of him with the ball in the fourth quarter i want Amare. He is a BEAST and took it to KG time and time again. So instead of blaming the ref for making the right call we should be blaming Mello's inconsistant shooting and poor decision making for the reason this game resulted in a bit fat L. Props to Turiaf and Douglas, and boos for fields and melo from this game.
P.S Lets go nuggets i miss ray, chandler, and gallo so much!!!

mafra

Legend
You guys really think the ref blew the game? The replay i saw definitely was an offensive foul. Melo cost us the game and to me showed why he has had such little play-off success. He continues to chuck up shots when Amare had 28 points and two of the best baskets of the game with three minutes left. Then all of a sudden melo goes back to being a ball stopper followed by a fade away chuck. While i certainly understand Melo makes us a contender he has a lot to work on. Instead of him with the ball in the fourth quarter i want Amare. He is a BEAST and took it to KG time and time again. So instead of blaming the ref for making the right call we should be blaming Mello's inconsistant shooting and poor decision making for the reason this game resulted in a bit fat L. Props to Turiaf and Douglas, and boos for fields and melo from this game.

Please. It was not an obvious offensive foul. Actually, it wasn't even close to a foul. Jordan pushing off Craig Ehlo or Byron Russell is an obvious offensive. Replay clearly shows Pierce had his hands on 'Melo's back, initiated the contact by bumping into Anthony's back, as Carmelo stopped to catch pass... When the game is on the line, when billions are invested, you let the players determine the outcome of the event... UNLESS A CLEAR ADVANTAGE IS GAINED, there's no reason to blow the whistle... especially when the 2 star players are 28 feet away from the basket.

I think the worse call was the 3-point play they awarding Allen, calling TD for the foul... Then not calling the foul when Amar'e drove baseline the next possession.

Refs allowed physical contact the entire 2nd half. It helped BOS get back in the game. You play "lock down" defense when the refs stop calling touch fouls.

The refs did not cost NY the game. but they sure took away the chance for NY (and Carmelo) to decide their own fate when they called a BS foul.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer

Well if that was a clear offensive foul to you, then you could see KG tripping TD on that final shot by Ray a mile away.

I know what your saying, even though I dont agree with you. I hate blaming the refs and hardly ever feel like the refs stole a game, but there is just no way of getting around it tonight IMO.

Sage

Rotation player
I'm also of the same opinion about blaming the refs, it's such a bitch move. But it's hard to say anything else. Melo gets two really soft fouls and sits the first quarter, the Celtics get back in the game in the 2nd half by being aggressive and those calls are let go which is fine except it wasn't consistant. Melo gets called on the softest offensive foul I've ever seen whlie Pierce is trying to rape him, then KG trips up TD on Allen's 3.

So pissed about this one, hopefully the Knicks come out on fire in game 2 and make a huge statement.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'd say it was a pretty evenly called game seemingly. I saw Pierce get bumped and nothing got called. I agree that it's stupid to not let them be more physical, but I don't think it was a bad call.

The Nuggets game had shitty officiating. Seriously, Perkins put his hands not only though the net, but that ball was above the cylinder. Three refs didn't catch that? Bullshit. Also, before that in the same quarter, NeNe was held and no call. Geez.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
The bottom line is that the Knicks had the game, with less than a minute. D'Antoni had Carter and TD in the backcourt, against Ray Allen, who has like 5 inches in height over both of them, not to mention 100 years of experience.

I also don't know why TD was off his man, in that sequence. You can't expect the refs to do jack... they just let everyone play in that sequence. With one minute, you have to play D like a pitbull and get a good shot. Melo was crazy to take that shot, and TD should have fed STAT a lead pass, early in that fastbreak.

If Billups had not gotten hurt, that game is in the bag. Hopefully, Billups is ready to go for the next game. If he is not, I don't think we have a chance. And Melo needs to cease being a choke artist for a change.

oshi

Benchwarmer
The bottom line is that the Knicks had the game, with less than a minute. D'Antoni had Carter and TD in the backcourt, against Ray Allen, who has like 5 inches in height over both of them, not to mention 100 years of experience.

I also don't know why TD was off his man, in that sequence. You can't expect the refs to do jack... they just let everyone play in that sequence. With one minute, you have to play D like a pitbull and get a good shot. Melo was crazy to take that shot, and TD should have fed STAT a lead pass, early in that fastbreak.

If Billups had not gotten hurt, that game is in the bag. Hopefully, Billups is ready to go for the next game. If he is not, I don't think we have a chance. And Melo needs to cease being a choke artist for a change.

I agree with you on AC man, he shouldn't of been in there once Billups went down. The only thing AC does better than Fields or Walker is his passing and dribbling, he's shown some hustle plays but come on man he can barely shoot he's got a small body should've had Fields in there. We shoulda went to Amar'e down the stretch STAT didn't even touch the ball the final 2 minutes. Melo shouldn't of played some PE hero BS chucking the 3 for the win, it's obvious he should've drove and then maybe kick out for a 3.

Bad coaching and bad decisions cost us the game along with the refs. Honestly the game made me feel sick afterwards I can't recall feeling that way ever from watching anything on TV. I know I kinda sound like a bitch with that but I even called into work sick for the first time in like 3 years lol. The other day being in playoffs felt so good I guess there's got to be that opposite feeling too when you lose but I didn't think it would be like that, a legit loss with us playing well is fine but to blow a lead AGAIN. ugh.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I agree with you on AC man, he shouldn't of been in there once Billups went down. The only thing AC does better than Fields or Walker is his passing and dribbling, he's shown some hustle plays but come on man he can barely shoot he's got a small body should've had Fields in there. We shoulda went to Amar'e down the stretch STAT didn't even touch the ball the final 2 minutes. Melo shouldn't of played some PE hero BS chucking the 3 for the win, it's obvious he should've drove and then maybe kick out for a 3.

Bad coaching and bad decisions cost us the game along with the refs. Honestly the game made me feel sick afterwards I can't recall feeling that way ever from watching anything on TV. I know I kinda sound like a bitch with that but I even called into work sick for the first time in like 3 years lol. The other day being in playoffs felt so good I guess there's got to be that opposite feeling too when you lose but I didn't think it would be like that, a legit loss with us playing well is fine but to blow a lead AGAIN. ugh.

Yeah, I mean I have seen some really bad ref-created screwjobs. This one was not up there: it took place with less than a minute left, and we could have overcome it, with some intelligence.

On that Offensive foul, Melo swiped at Pierce, he's dealing with a BS artist. He should know not to even breathe funny. Melo should have simply passed out of the situation.

And how the hell is the guy who just earned the all-time threepoint shots made record left wide open? Douglas should not have been trying to get to Allen, Allen should have been running to get away from TD.

Anyway, if D'Antoni doesn't admit he and the guys made some bad decisions, we will lose again, because we will not have learned how to keep our leads in the final seconds.

P.S. if that made you upset more than anything else you've watched on TV, try sitting through game 7 of the 1994 finals. I still get chills (in a bad way) when I think of what happened to us back then.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
What about the 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes that had MELO glued to the bench the entire 4th quarter.

We can rationalize our complaining about the refs, if that is what we want. The bottom line, though, is that we know what happens with these refs in this league. If D'Ant wasn't prepared for it, he needs to let Herb Williams take over. As a long time fan, I am sure you know that.

We had it wrapped up, and bad decisions: giving Pussy Pierced an excuse to flop and leaving Allen alone cost us the game. We can't look back. We just have to make sure we handle our business.

If Melo shows up, I think it's a wrap for the Boston Cunts.

la2ny

Starter
Wassup with all the Melo hate lol. Im seeing people calling him a choke artists an shiz when like a few weeks ago people were talking about how clutch he was.(Indy,Mem,Phi)

la2ny

Starter
Crazy⑧s;175607 said:
I know! Not like he hasn't earned the badge.
Yeah and he had a bad 2nd half, but alot of that was him not getting the ball in certain positions and he never really got into a shooting rythym. I believe if he would've gotten some calls when going into the paint and recieved more ft's he would've shot better just from seeing the ball go through the hoop.