Woodson says Knicks

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, the thing is basketball is called a team sport for a reason. Earlier in the season we had some tremendous ball and off the ball movement which allowed us to get plenty of guys wide open. Also, we gave a lot of effort on the defensive end, guys tried to play tough D night in and night out. And while everyone adjusted to our system we haven't done nothing yet to improve. You're never gonna win if you play 1 on 1 basketball all night long. And what Noah said seems to be about right, Chandler is the only Knick that actually gives a damn. There should be some changes in the starting lineup (move Shump to the #2 spot for God's sake!) and the rotations (why isn't Brewer getting any playing time?). Not to mention the plays that are being called during the game. Woody was supposed to hold his players accountable, but as of now he's the one who should be held accountable.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Sorry but I had to LOL. Its good that he has total confidence in his team but no just no.

Edit: Just hope Miami plays bad an entire series bc they're not losing to no one when they're on their game

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Well, the thing is basketball is called a team sport for a reason. Earlier in the season we had some tremendous ball and off the ball movement which allowed us to get plenty of guys wide open. Also, we gave a lot of effort on the defensive end, guys tried to play tough D night in and night out. And while everyone adjusted to our system we haven't done nothing yet to improve. You're never gonna win if you play 1 on 1 basketball all night long. And what Noah said seems to be about right, Chandler is the only Knick that actually gives a damn. There should be some changes in the starting lineup (move Shump to the #2 spot for God's sake!) and the rotations (why isn't Brewer getting any playing time?). Not to mention the plays that are being called during the game. Woody was supposed to hold his players accountable, but as of now he's the one who should be held accountable.

Basic reasons why they are losing. Also add that they are very depended on the 3 ball which is a bad idea in itself. Add that up with the others you mentioned

bigapple

Starter
Sorry but I had to LOL. Its good that he has total confidence in his team but no just no.

Edit: Just hope Miami plays bad an entire series bc they're not losing to no one when they're on their game

Even Tim Legler @ NBA tonight said that Pacers can eliminate heat coz they r playing non comfortable style for HEat

earlier Knicks played same then won @ MSG vs Pacers and they let them score just 76 in entire game.

Last edited:
The only guys I will trade is Novak and Brewer because they are practically useless players right now. Coach hasn't really been using a definate starting unit so it's kind of hard for me to see who fits. Brewer can play some D but I doubt coach will use him unless there was a certain situation during a game. Novak is a hugh disappointment and the faster we get rid of him the better. I thought he would come around soon, I was in his corner until I so his wasted efforts in the Indy game, that was the last straw for me. I doubt Kid or Felton will go, Amare has a hugh contract and battling back from injuries, Melo is going nowhere, Shump is a fiffty fifty chance but they need to get back a defensive player, Sheed and Camby are being kept on the low to stay fresh for the post season, J.R. has been or spark off the bench and second option, The prigger, is old but the Knicks need him more than they think, Copeland is coming along but might be a bargaining chip in trade talks. Who knows what's going on with this team, I just think we'll get a better feel for them after today.

bigapple

Starter
The only guys I will trade is Novak and Brewer because they are practically useless players right now. Coach hasn't really been using a definate starting unit so it's kind of hard for me to see who fits. Brewer can play some D but I doubt coach will use him unless there was a certain situation during a game. Novak is a hugh disappointment and the faster we get rid of him the better. I thought he would come around soon, I was in his corner until I so his wasted efforts in the Indy game, that was the last straw for me. I doubt Kid or Felton will go, Amare has a hugh contract and battling back from injuries, Melo is going nowhere, Shump is a fiffty fifty chance but they need to get back a defensive player, Sheed and Camby are being kept on the low to stay fresh for the post season, J.R. has been or spark off the bench and second option, The prigger, is old but the Knicks need him more than they think, Copeland is coming along but might be a bargaining chip in trade talks. Who knows what's going on with this team, I just think we'll get a better feel for them after today.

dont u think that he is doin same role as ray in heat ? rays job is 90s just 3s but he also doin some passess to their main duo

dont forget what said Jason Terry
if u cant win with your enemy join to them ray does it but it was only his decision he wanna next chimp and i will leave this without any comment.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
What do teams have to worry about when it comes to the offense? Melo by himself? Ok. Just load the side of the court where he is. It takes away driving angles because the "stopper" is positioned carefully to prevent any penetration from the strong side. He's either taking a contested shot, driving baseline and giving the help a chance to come, or taking it right into the teeth of the D.

The best bet is to swing the ball, and get an open look on the other side of the D where they have 2 zoned up against 3....well the Knicks haven't been moving the ball, and when it does move, shots aren't falling.

I wanted to see them make a push for Milsap, and give us some more sustainable offense. When you post up deep, and pass the ball down low, it causes similar issues to a penetrating drive. The defense has to sag a bit, and if you have a big with good vision, he can make a quick decision and the correct decision if the D brings help.

We need a multifaceted offense. Something that you can go to when they're trying to take away the PnR, and an offense that you can still run successfully if they load a side.

Unless Melo is gonna grow about 5 inches so he can shoot over the top of his man and get a clean look, or somehow have another player morph into a top-5 NBA talent, and have the other guys suddenly become excellent team defenders with a few knock-down shooters sprinkled in, the hell is this team gonna do?

The success they had barely lasted a month and a half...teams catch up while you come back down to earth. This is not only an effort problem, but it's also a schematic problem.

This team isn't as good as any of the LBJ Cavs teams, and all of those teams got halted by solid defense, and sustainable offense 4 out of 5 years before LBJ bolted for MIA. In 05-06 they lost to the Pistons, then they got swept by the Spurs in the Finals the next year, then it was Boston, Magic (exception with all those 3s), and then Boston again.

This Knicks team is not better than those teams, but's it's an eerily similar dynamic.

Kiyaman

Legend
Correction .... on New Years day the Knicks record was 21-10, also
On New Years day Amare played his first game of this season vs Portland.
The same game Melo scored 45 points, and JR.smith took 22 shot attempts to prove what?
That the two ex-Nuggets have the greenlight to ball-hog 65% of the shot attempts on Amare first game return, even if it means losing at home to a mediocre Portland team.
This is MELO Knicks team.

Our record stand at 32-19 after the worst loss of the season to the Pacers 91-125
Where does the 14-16 come from when Amare only played 21 games with a 11-10 record.
Or did u forget we were 18-5 and went 3-5 to get to 21-10

And our 18-5 record belong to Jason Kidd's ball-movement and player-movement .. something we did not have lastseason from Tyson/Amare/Melo/and JR in that pitiful 5 game postseason...

Coincidence ....
Brewer was our best multi-positional defensive player
Camby was the Nuggets best rebounder and defensive player
Coincidence both get traded off of King-Melo teams...

bigapple

Starter
knicks lost to 2x raptors wizards 76ers all teams r under 0.500 so knicks became again under 0.500 team.

If Woodsom will be keeping terrible Shumpert in S5 this team will end on 7th place.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Correction .... on New Years day the Knicks record was 21-10, also
On New Years day Amare played his first game of this season vs Portland.
The same game Melo scored 45 points, and JR.smith took 22 shot attempts to prove what?
That the two ex-Nuggets have the greenlight to ball-hog 65% of the shot attempts on Amare first game return, even if it means losing at home to a mediocre Portland team.
This is MELO Knicks team.

Our record stand at 32-19 after the worst loss of the season to the Pacers 91-125
Where does the 14-16 come from when Amare only played 21 games with a 11-10 record.
Or did u forget we were 18-5 and went 3-5 to get to 21-10

And our 18-5 record belong to Jason Kidd's ball-movement and player-movement .. something we did not have lastseason from Tyson/Amare/Melo/and JR in that pitiful 5 game postseason...

Coincidence ....
Brewer was our best multi-positional defensive player
Camby was the Nuggets best rebounder and defensive player
Coincidence both get traded off of King-Melo teams...
You scared the **** out of me. I looked up on Google to see if Camby got traded to the Kings.

Kiyaman

Legend
You scared the **** out of me. I looked up on Google to see if Camby got traded to the Kings.

Naw, I was mentioning back in the daze when the Nuggets traded Camby to the Clippers LOL

Woody coaching since Felton's 4 to 6 week injury has graded a C- minus .. our 4 game losin streak has Woody Failing the final semester.

GM Grunwald gave Woody a 3-unit lineup roster at the start of the season by signing trio PG in "Kidd / Felton / Prig" .. But the only lineup weve seen throughout 52 games are "Tyson, Melo, JR" and company.

Does the trio lineup of Tyson, Melo, JR have chemistery together? on offense? on defense? on leadership?
This is the trio of players Woody depends on each game for the WIN ..
each of the trio of players have more minute played than any other Knicks player.

Why dont we have or use a bench-lineup on oponents?