Knicks V Nets - Wed March 30

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Crazy⑧s;171497 said:
STAT can't be referred to as a star if he doesn't box out players like Pedro. That's pathetic.

And AGAIN! Picks up his 3rd!! GTFO if you're gonna play like a ****ing virgin.

amare says he was never taught d... i believe him... most of his career he's been coached by dantoni.. and has been pretty terrible at rebounding... last year tho he was a little better under gentry...

TakMan

Rotation player
So, they've got around 17 second chance points and 11 offensive rebounds. Stoudamire is killing the team. What's the point of scoring 25 points every game if you're gonna concede 40 from your personal opponent. Anthony is the only one playing at the moment. I kind of feel bad for the choice he made to come and play for the Knicks. This team has the potential to emotionally drain him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
No Defence. Literally None.

We Get To The Rack At Will Offensively, Great.

But There's Nothing Happening Defensively. Where Is The Post Double Team? Nj Can't Hit All Day! They Can't Score Above 60 In 2 Consecutive Halves.

How Does Our Captain, Of All People, Just Allow Opponents To Make Him Look Like A Fool?

What Happened To The P&r, As Well?

This Is Embarrassing, Frustrating, Flabbergasting.

If We're One Of The Absolute Worst Defensive Teams In The League, Then Why, After 70+ Games Are We Still Sipping On The Same Poison?

Effort Is Effort, But Unless We Learn It Defensively, We'll Consistently Lose To Inconsistent Teams, Center Or No.

TakMan

Rotation player
amare says he was never taught d... i believe him... most of his career he's been coached by dantoni.. and has been pretty terrible at rebounding... last year tho he was a little better under gentry...

That statement just doesn't make sense. He was playing basketball long before he joined Phoenix. Besides, if he's that concerned about his defensive abilities then he can hire someone over the summer to teach him a few things. It doesn't take a defensive genius to know how to box out. It was one of the 1st things I was taught as a child during basketball training.

D'antoni runs a system that he helped to pioneer. He in NOT a head coach. Coaches teach, mentor, develop, and motivate players. They also mold to skill set they are given.

DWalsh has done all he can as a GM. We get solid players and he doghouses them with his short rotation.

I think this latest trade is a revelation. Its exposed his inability to do more than run a system, but coach. You can coach effort, its called motivation. When players don't buy in to your system, find another way to sell it. Having 2 superstars and losing to the likes of Indiana, Milwaukee, and Cleveland multiple times, is about coaching.

I hope Dolan and DWalsh see it as we have. I might expect a dip after the trade, but the team looks absolutely lost. During the game, they turn to their coach for leadership, and he looks lost too.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That statement just doesn't make sense. He was playing basketball long before he joined Phoenix. Besides, if he's that concerned about his defensive abilities then he can hire someone over the summer to teach him a few things. It doesn't take a defensive genius to know how to box out. It was one of the 1st things I was taught as a child during basketball training.

And same. It's just............:barf:

STAT came straight from High School, he wasn't able to learn many of the fundamentals on defense.Also having MDA as your coach for most of your career doesn't help either.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
If the Knicks come out early with a basket then a 3 and cut it to 5, I think they can make a run and win it. I also think Melo is going to get a triple-double, and Toney Douglas is gonna do what Toney Douglas do.

TakMan

Rotation player
STAT came straight from High School, he wasn't able to learn many of the fundamentals on defense.Also having MDA as your coach for most of your career doesn't help either.

Again even by high school you should know how to at least box out. Besides, If he's that frustrated at D'Antoni not ever having taught him these basic defensive plays, why the hell did he come to the Knicks?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Rockets beat NJ last night via the fast break.

Why can't we do that? Because we don't defend the paint and don't rebound to potential. We don't allow ourselves opportunities to exploit our athleticism unless it's off an opponent's turnover.

Again even by high school you should know how to at least box out. Besides, If he's that frustrated at D'Antoni not ever having taught him these basic defensive plays, why the hell did he come to the Knicks?
What do you expect when you have a coach that doesn't hold his star players accountable and just goes:

MIKE+D%27ANTONI.jpg

We should cut JJ and sign Kim kardasian immediately. With her *** she could box out like crazy and grab mad boards. She is actually humphries trainer for rebounding.

Money basically. When someone throws 100 mil at you you'd be foolish not to accept.. don't you agree?

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;171509 said:

Why can't we do that? Because we don't defend the paint and don't rebound to potential. We don't allow ourselves opportunities to exploit our athleticism unless it's off an opponent's turnover.
We sure as hell don't defend the paint and that is always going to get your team killed!!!!

TakMan

Rotation player
Money basically. When someone throws 100 mil at you you'd be foolish not to accept.. don't you agree?

I'll accept that (though I think he could have got that anywhere). Then don't bitch about never having been taught defence. You either want to put in the effort and do the right thing (including picking a team with a coach that can help you do that) or play for the money and stop blaming others for your lack of effort. I do agree with the previous comment that D'Antoni doesn't hold his 'star' players accountable.

I agree LJ. This game is far from over. Every team makes a strong run in todays NBA & I believe it's safe to say we've yet to make our strong push. We got killed on defense because once agin... Lack of rebuilding ability due to the fact Amare is only talented BIG who's not even a Center. This is expected down low until we land a PROVEN productive-talented Center this offseason. Mozgov was a project rookie out of Russia, Darko was once considered for the #1 pick over both LeBron & Carmelo lol & turned into one of the biggest NBA bust's of all time from Serbia when compared to LeBron & Melo & AR was a career nothing dim a dozen project. Who was AR before this month? These potential FA's are proven talents. These types of games down low are expected until upgraded & improved to help Amare down low.

Still plenty of time to chip away, comeback, fight & win this game. We made a run against Dallas down 25. We'll do it tonight.

Crazy⑧s;171509 said:

I think Donnie should come play center. He could use his walker to box out petro and then just grab the rebounds.