Trade for IGGY or Ellis Thread

Trade for IGGY or Ellis Thread, IGGY is a stud on both the defensive and offensive side of the floor, guy can flat out jam. Eliis is just an all around scorer and averages about 2 steals a game. I would love to have one of theese guys on this team. What happens if paul doesnt get traded to us?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
neither guy fits what we need at the moment, doesnt make any sense. IGGY wouldve made sense up until we got melo. we have our guy now, now we need size/defending bigs and a scorer off the bench in the barea mold maybe.

neither guy fits what we need at the moment, doesnt make any sense. IGGY wouldve made sense up until we got melo. we have our guy now, now we need size/defending bigs and a scorer off the bench in the barea mold maybe.

we could def. use IGGY lol hes one of the best defensive players in the game, his explosivness is amazing, why not move either him or melo up to SG, both will over power the 2 guard guarding them, and they will both shoot over the two guard?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Ellis fits like a glove. He's much more than an undersized 2-guard. He ran that offense at times, even with Curry on the court. But more importantly, he shined when Curry was out of the lineup and Reggie Williams played the 2.

Monta brings efficient scoring (yea he's a volume shooter, but he was hovering around 47% for a good portion of the year.....that's just stupid), he can facilitate, and he's freakishly athletic.

The way I look at it is this....CP3 brings intangibles that very few other players do, but Ellis brings tangibles that a lot of other players wish they had as well...including CP3, that's without delving deeper into the details. On the surface, both guys bring things the other doesn't, but I believe both would fit if added to our current core.

if we could trade for Monta...I would not be mad at all.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
we could def. use IGGY lol hes one of the best defensive players in the game, his explosivness is amazing, why not move either him or melo up to SG, both will over power the 2 guard guarding them, and they will both shoot over the two guard?

If I had to choose, I'd put Iggy at the 2...but it's still playing someone out of their position, which I'm not a fan of.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

my main concern is getting either of them and that handicaps us to make any other significant moves to our roster for the offseason. we need size and we gotta focus on that. we have the star potential to get us to the promised land but we need to fill the roster to provide the backbone for it. getting either one of these guys just wouldnt make sense to me as they need to ball to be effective in their own rights they'll be better suited elsewhere while we should focus on our areas of need you know

Ellis fits like a glove. He's much more than an undersized 2-guard. He ran that offense at times, even with Curry on the court. But more importantly, he shined when Curry was out of the lineup and Reggie Williams played the 2.

Monta brings efficient scoring (yea he's a volume shooter, but he was hovering around 47% for a good portion of the year.....that's just stupid), he can facilitate, and he's freakishly athletic.

The way I look at it is this....CP3 brings intangibles that very few other players do, but Ellis brings tangibles that a lot of other players wish they had as well...including CP3, that's without delving deeper into the details. On the surface, both guys bring things the other doesn't, but I believe both would fit if added to our current core.

if we could trade for Monta...I would not be mad at all.

can someone anwer me this, what happens if we dont get chris paul? I dont care if he wants to come here or not, the hornets are gona trade him top a team that gives them the best offer, and do u think a team is give the hornets all of there pieces and not gona sign him long term?

I say we trade for ellis or IGGy now b4 its too late.....

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The thing is, CP3 can hold out and not sign an extension for any other team except for the one he wants to get traded to. So if he wants to come here, fine, we'll get him.

But I think Ellis will be slightly cheaper, and I'm not so sure that he won't have just as big an impact as CP3. I have a good friend who's born and raised in Chi-town and talks about Rose like he's the second coming of Jesus...but when the convo somehow got to Ellis and I was like "dude...Monta is pretty much a less hyped up, less national media attention, on a worse team, Derrick" he had no argument. They have very very very similar skill sets, except Monta has a better shot.

The athleticism is there, the explosiveness is there, the finishing is there, both get to the rim, Ellis has a better jumpshot, he has better footwork, Ellis averaged 5 assists per 36 mins along with 21 points @ 45% from the field on 18 shots...dude....

I think....I think I would take those numbers....the # of shots can come down a shot or two to get STAT & Melo more opportunities, and his assists would go up, but still....dude....

If I have to choose between Monta now, or CP3 possibly in the future, snap decision, I take Monta now and let it ride.

my main concern is getting either of them and that handicaps us to make any other significant moves to our roster for the offseason. we need size and we gotta focus on that. we have the star potential to get us to the promised land but we need to fill the roster to provide the backbone for it. getting either one of these guys just wouldnt make sense to me as they need to ball to be effective in their own rights they'll be better suited elsewhere while we should focus on our areas of need you know

ok if we need size how come everytime I say we need to sign dalambert or tyson chandler I got guy saying we cant cuz we want cp3, all i got to say to that is I rather have ellis and tyosn on my team then cp3......

cp3 is gona cost some $$$ crippling our cap, **** that I like iggy or ellis and a top 12 big man on my team than just 1 star.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
naw dalembert wont be more than the mid-level exemption. as for chandler if i had my pick between him and paul. im choosing chandler were not in a position where we NEED a superstar, we need a C and im all for spending our cap space and not having enough to go after Paul next year i just dont think wasting--may not be the best word--it on ellis or iggy would be the best move for us. ellis needs the ball as do melo and stat, iggy would be better suiting but hes a 3 and so is melo so the fit isnt there for us. we shouldnt focus on these guys cause they're available. focus on a C then from there we look to get scorers or whatever.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
ok if we need size how come everytime I say we need to sign dalambert or tyson chandler I got guy saying we cant cuz we want cp3, all i got to say to that is I rather have ellis and tyosn on my team then cp3......

cp3 is gona cost some $$$ crippling our cap, **** that I like iggy or ellis and a top 12 big man on my team than just 1 star.

That's not a bad point...Monta only makes $11 million over the next 3 years (last year is a player option, which we would take away with any extension)

If we can swing this deal....I think we have to. Only if it's feasible tho, if they ask for too much, then just send those same assets to NO for CP3. But there's a serious log jam in the back court in GS...Monta is likely to really be traded this time.

That's not a bad point...Monta only makes $11 million over the next 3 years (last year is a player option, which we would take away with any extension)

If we can swing this deal....I think we have to. Only if it's feasible tho, if they ask for too much, then just send those same assets to NO for CP3. But there's a serious log jam in the back court in GS...Monta is likely to really be traded this time.

yeh man he has to be traded no doubt, klay thompson is taking that postion over, and ellis is on the move... to where i dont know but the knicks should try send a few offers there way including future draft picks, this guy is a freak on the offensive end and I thionk hes underated on the defensive end.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Trade for IGGY or Ellis Thread, IGGY is a stud on both the defensive and offensive side of the floor, guy can flat out jam. Eliis is just an all around scorer and averages about 2 steals a game. I would love to have one of theese guys on this team. What happens if paul doesnt get traded to us?

We don't even know what's happening with the CBA yet, and we have 4 SGs. :shrug:

smokes

Huge Member
Is it only me who is wondering who the hell we have on our roster other than Melo/Stat that could land us either of these guys in a trade??

Crazy⑧s;182780 said:
We don't even know what's happening with the CBA yet, and we have 4 SGs. :shrug:

yeh but if we traded for iggy we would be trading some of our guards, I just like how the guy plays would be sick to see him in a knick's uniform

nuckles2k2

Superstar
There's gonna be a third team involved if we trade for anyone who has any kind of clout in the league. We don't have the pieces for a two team trade for a person of either guy's caliber.

It would probably involve Chauncey, Fields, Walker, draft picks, and maybe Derrick Brown type pieces thrown in (although I wanna keep that dude).

The things that we have in our favor would be the fact that NO would only be trading CP3 here if they were forced to by his refusal to sign any extensions, and GSW looks like they'd actually do Monta a favor since he expressed interest in going to a contending team if traded (allegedly, but totally believable.)

So there's that...but we still need a lot to happen, and scenarios to play out, for either situation to come to fruition...but you know what...I remember saying similar things last September and October about a dude named Carmelo Anthony...just saying.

There's gonna be a third team involved if we trade for anyone who has any kind of clout in the league. We don't have the pieces for a two team trade for a person of either guy's caliber.

It would probably involve Chauncey, Fields, Walker, draft picks, and maybe Derrick Brown type pieces thrown in (although I wanna keep that dude).

The things that we have in our favor would be the fact that NO would only be trading CP3 here if they were forced to by his refusal to sign any extensions, and GSW looks like they'd actually do Monta a favor since he expressed interest in going to a contending team if traded (allegedly, but totally believable.)

So there's that...but we still need a lot to happen, and scenarios to play out, for either situation to come to fruition...but you know what...I remember saying similar things last September and October about a dude named Carmelo Anthony...just saying.

agreed but we would have to throw in Iman