NewYorkKnicks vs. DenverNuggets GameThread 3/23/2010

Not counting David Lee, which Knick has impressed you the most this season?

• Al Harrington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wilson Chandler

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Danilo Gallinari

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Bill Walker

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Toney Douglas

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Tracy McGrady

• Other

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
New York Knicks vs. Denver Nuggets
knicks_logo_2.gif
nuggetsaxelogo_whites.jpg

25-45 47-23

David+Lee+Dunks+On+Gerald+Wallace+3.jpg

David Lee and the Knicks
20.2 points, 11.8 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 2.3 turnovers

vs.

CameloSpursRecap.jpg

Carmelo Anthony and the Nuggets
28.8 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 3.1 turnovers

knicks_logo_2.gif

The Knicks are coming off of a loss to the Houston Rockets. They will look to bounce back, as they take on the Nuggets.

nuggetsaxelogo_whites.jpg

The Nuggets are coming off of a loss to the Milwaukee Bucks. They will look to bounce back, as they take on the Knicks.

keys5.jpg

Key Matchup

amd_knicks_toney_douglas.jpg

Toney Douglas

vs.

act_chauncey_billups.jpg

Chauncey Billups

Douglas is a multi-dimensional point guard. His ability to get to the basket and get his teammates involved is what gives him a lot of upside.

Billups is one of the best guards in the NBA. His ability to get his teammates involved and score in the clutch is why he is a 5x All Star.

Starting Lineups
nyk_logo.gif

PG Douglas
SG McGrady
SF Walker
PF Gallinari
C Lee

Nuggets
PG Billups
SG Afflalo
SF Anthony
PF Nene
C Petro

Video of the Day
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dq-nus6qMgw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dq-nus6qMgw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
It should be a great game to watch.

I must say though, it's really saddening to see what George Karl is going through during his third battle with cancer. He always seems to present himself as a respectful and caring man who really loves this game, and his bouts with cancer never seem to knock him down. The treatment he's undergoing is so intense and brutal, I really wish him the best and I hope to see him come back stronger than ever. Even with receiving treatment, he wants to be with his team. Now that's a leader.

Competition is competition, but the Nuggets have had it rough. It's never easy losing a leader, and they are really looking forward to his return. 5-2 in his absence is sure a good way to show your coach that you're still fighting hard.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
This game has been awesome so far.

I love the way T-Mac, Giddens, Lee and Harrington are playing. Even Gallo's defensive effort looks nice. I can't wait til the 4th quarter.

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
Gallo and Melo battling I love that Gallo is not backing down and is being very tough. Toughness is not something I have seen in the Knicks in a while.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Always lifts my spirits when the Knicks can steal a game. Overall no Knick really played bad today. For the most part everyone was solid. The 3rd quarter, Gallo vs Melo was awesome. Established superstar vs budding superstar..im loving it.

smokes

Huge Member
Gallo was impressive overall but 5-13 from 3... just seeing him shoot that many 3's is a bit annoying.

I was happy to see TD break out in the 2nd half and put the poor first half behind him. He's progressing nicely, didn't let a bad start to the game bring him down.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
douglas is flat out clutch, every game he brings the defense and he plays his heart out tonight he started rough in the first half, barely breaking the stat sheet except only for fouls, starts the second half strong with the assists then the scoring comes and he did a 180 and finished strong, and that shot in the final minute is the definition of clutch, dude has shown during this stretch that he could play and play well. his confidence is huge and he believes in his abilities and it shows from game to game, still makes rookie mistakes but he's learning. we found ourselves the PG of the future, he's the real deal. and Gallo showed a huge flash of what he can be for us as were playing meaningful basketball in the future, dude was awesome with that 3rd quarter

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Danilo has really improved quite a bit especially after how he played in February. Don't look now, but he's averaging 17.3 PPG on 45.6% shooting in March, which is pretty good considering he was shooting under 40% in the month of February. It was good to see him go toe to toe with Carmelo Anthony - Anthony is a great player and you can't really blame Danilo for not shutting him down, but Carmelo didn't drop 50 and we can all say that's an improvement. 36 points from quite possibly the best scorer in the NBA is nothing to be down about.

Billups brought his A game and it took a solid effort from everybody from McGrady to Douglas to Gallo to Harrington for us to win this game, it was a good game and it was about time we started playing a bit better.

CoolClyde

Melo vs Gallo, TOUCHDOWN!

the future of the young Knicks on display, as Gallo and Toney D showed what they can do. great game for both youngsters, i'm so glad D'antoni stayed with TD the whole game. you've gotta believe in our future PG at this point, the man is no fluke. that last shot was awesomeness personified! fantastic Melo vs Gallo matchup made game extra-exciting. one of best wins of season, fer sure.

FANTASTIC COACHING BY MIKE D'ANTONI!!!! haha, i said it. he only gave Duhound 2 minutes (+/- = -4), instead putting in Power Serge for a few, then letting Toney D take over the game. THANK YOU! that, to me, was genius! ahhhh, exhilarating win over a very good team. word.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Nice game thread JPZ, and as for the poll my vote goes to toney douglas. Hes impressed me the most and its a shame that he wasnt gettin minutes earlier...not that hes great, but I would prefer to start anyone at point guard over dunone

props on the camron vid lol

co-sign thats still one of my favorite songs, but i like the album version more with jim jones and jr writer