New York Knicks vs Sacramento Kings 2/12/2014 7:30PM

jimkcchief88

All Star
You mean Felton's defense was as bad as Melo's defense on Battier 1st qrt against Miami since 1st qrts are soooooooo important?

You mean Felton's defense was as bad as Melo's defense on Chris Middleton against the Bucks as he had nearly 20pts through 3 qrts since the 1st 3 qrts of basketball are soooooooo important?

You mean Felton's defense was as bad as Melo's defense on Martell Webster who bombed us for like 100 3s in the Garden?

Oh wait....maybe Gallo was guarding those guys while injured in Denver, this has to be a legitimate excuse from a Melo mistress

Maybe we should try to figure out if Boeheim can get a real Syracuse clutch player in Tyler Innis to declare in next year's draft and tank for him and get rid of this Pre-historic Dinosaur in Melofloporous

Uhhhh, to borrow your boxing analogy there is a rip-tide dragging you out to the deep water to drown you lol. You compare Tyler Innis to Melo after hitting one prayer against a barely ranked Pitt team???? Lol what a joke as Innis is playing UNDER Melo's RETIRED jersey and Championship banner hanging in the rafters on Chief lol:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think we are all in agreement.....Jim if you believe in everything you have stated then why is that Melo for the last 7 minutes of the quarter goes into total ISO and actually brings up the ball playing PG..... ...If he is tired and rightfully so for his 40 plus minutes whey does not the lightbulb not go off in his head to move the ball and not do the ISO and not being up the ball............Listen I blame Woody for us being in the situation as he needs to sit Melo and let the other guys as Kiyaman Gel and get a flow.......But no matter what MELO demands the ball AND IF PRIGIONI DOES NOT PASS IT THAT WAY THEN FELTON IS RIGHT BACK IN....

For Woodsy to say he did not use Metta or Urich becuase he thought they would not be sharp since they have not played in a while is absurd.....

Without J Kidd Melo is probably the next best option to bring the ball up the floor as Melo forces opposing defense to make a decision. Defense can back off Felton because he is a poor shooter and can't breakdown a defense because he is too slow to blow by and to small and lacks the athleticism to finish. Remember back in the day Mason used the bring the ball up the floor as well to help breakdown the defense.

skisloper

Starter
Without J Kidd Melo is probably the next best option to bring the ball up the floor as Melo forces opposing defense to make a decision. Defense can back off Felton because he is a poor shooter and can't breakdown a defense because he is too slow to blow by and to small and lacks the athleticism to finish. Remember back in the day Mason used the bring the ball up the floor as well to help breakdown the defense.

Thats just dumb.....When Melo is on the bench and Prigs brings up the ball the offense moves fine.....Opposing teams to make what decision that Melo will shoot ????????

please stop with the scoring champ......at what expense ?????? That he get 27 and then drop out of sight for the 4th quarter....EFFICIENCY and PLAYING SMART,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How many times has Melo taken and miss the game winning or game tie shot.........COME ON,,,,,,,

Broadway

All Star
Uhhhh, to borrow your boxing analogy there is a rip-tide dragging you out to the deep water to drown you lol. You compare Tyler Innis to Melo after hitting one prayer against a barely ranked Pitt team???? Lol what a joke as Innis is playing UNDER Melo's RETIRED jersey and Championship banner hanging in the rafters on Chief lol:)

That hit home for you and hurt bad....Present Day Clutch Genes

Innis=Positive

Melo=Negative

One on a crash course to a championship standing undefeated

The other piling up losses to the lottery stripped naked

Now I've got you trapped on the bridge ready to jump.....Chris Christie

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
That hit home for you and hurt bad....Present Day Clutch Genes

Innis=Positive

Melo=Negative

One on a crash course to a championship standing undefeated

The other piling up losses to the lottery stripped naked

Now I've got you trapped on the bridge ready to jump.....Chris Christie

Uhhhhh wrong....now u are just making yourself look like a bigger idiot comparing ONe shot to a NCAA Championship, 3rd overall pick in the draft, multiple All Star selections, a Gold Medal, a NBA scoring title, all the things to quote you"don't matter." All you care about is one shot. Yep, that makes sense....In fact that's your new nickname changed from 3GdumE to "One Shot" lol:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Thats just dumb.....When Melo is on the bench and Prigs brings up the ball the offense moves fine.....Opposing teams to make what decision that Melo will shoot ????????

please stop with the scoring champ......at what expense ?????? That he get 27 and then drop out of sight for the 4th quarter....EFFICIENCY and PLAYING SMART,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How many times has Melo taken and miss the game winning or game tie shot.........COME ON,,,,,,,[/QUOTE ]

Dude, you asked, I answered. In the absence of a real point guard, Melo brings the ball up sometimes because he has the skill set....Also it's harder to deny Melo the ball when he is bringing it up the floor.....it's like this....you put the ball in your best players hands as much as possible period. BTW, efficiency does not apply to volume shooters, who else on this team would you prefer taking those shots??? Look up Bargs shooting %%%% and get back to me...

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya remind me how I proved 3GDuMe's point again???? You point out Melo "only averages 27 points a game." Uhhhh, Melo is the SECOND leading scorer in the league after winning a scoring title last year. I think that proves my point that Melo needs some help scoring. Kmart is a defensive player, not a consistent scorer, and poor Arrtest can't even stay healthy enough to stay on the court to help this team. And the Bargs trade has been downright awful. A seven footer that can't even shoot 50% from the field. Insert Chuck here: "that's turrible." And it's not Melo's fault this team doesn't get out and run much, it's the lack of perimeter defense(Felton), interior defense(Bargs), and rebounding(Bargs again). This team gives up too many EASY buckets so you don't get the run outs that lead too easy points. I will give you that this team is really missing your MVP from last season J Kidd. Between him promoting proper spacing and also missing knockdown shooters like Novak and Copland, teams are able to zero in on Melo so by the end of games Melo is gassed.

Com'on Jim .. the guy is known around the league as a "Ball-Hogger" ..
Melo will throw up shot after shot the final 3 minutes in amy close scoring game.
Yes, we do need a PG that is not afraid of .. the Melo & Dolan clan trading him, or not resigning him, or amnesty him .. for not doing what ISO-Melo want.

Melo could have had a successful postseason career in the NBA, if Melo didn't make all his teammates look at him as a Ball-Hogger.

Kiyaman

Legend

How many times has Melo taken and miss the game winning or game tie shot.........COME ON,,,,,,,[/QUOTE ]

Dude, you asked, I answered. In the absence of a real point guard, Melo brings the ball up sometimes because he has the skill set....Also it's harder to deny Melo the ball when he is bringing it up the floor.....it's like this....you put the ball in your best players hands as much as possible period. BTW, efficiency does not apply to volume shooters, who else on this team would you prefer taking those shots??? Look up Bargs shooting %%%% and get back to me...

Down by one point in a playoff game, 14 seconds on the clock, Melo hold-holds the ball then throw the ball to Jared Jefferies out on the perimeter with 3 seconds left in the game.

skisloper

Starter
And the scoring champ thing is a FACT...I know you guys hate it and try to gloss it over but FACTS are FACTS....

Safe bet that if Lebron wanted to be scoring champ he could be.....Chris paul if he wanted to he could be....

I agree MELO is a top scorer.....JIM if he is still in your top 5 today NBA players then God Bless.....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Safe bet that if Lebron wanted to be scoring champ he could be.....Chris paul if he wanted to he could be....

I agree MELO is a top scorer.....JIM if he is still in your top 5 today NBA players then God Bless.....

Thank you dude I am all in:) fixin to leave outta work right now and fight traffic to the city; Niketown Chicago to cop the MeloM10 released for all-star weekend my first Jays:)