Why so much hate for Carmelo?

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Sorry CA7, Melo is not even close to Rose's level. I would trade ball-stopping Melo for the best penetrating explosive scoring guard in the NBA anyday, just give me the chance:afro:

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Watch Melo during the Olympics. The ball is out of his hands within 3 seconds whether it be a pass to a player cutting to the basket, an open player or shooting the ball himself. I think people who say he stops ball movement don't look at what other players are doing around him.

I would scream at the tv last season watching Novak and Fields just stand there at crucial times of the game. Fields was a great cutter so I never understood his mental lapses when he would just stand there for long periods of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Sorry CA7, Melo is not even close to Rose's level. I would trade ball-stopping Melo for the best penetrating explosive scoring guard in the NBA anyday, just give me the chance:afro:

I'll take a dominant wing and a "good enough" PG over just having the PG and trying to fit pieces around him.

It's not the most popular stance to take, but we often see championship teams relying on the dynamism of a player at a position other than PG. The PG just needs to be competent enough to run the team, contribute what's needed on both ends, and not mess it up. The All-star talents we see in Rose, CP3, D-Will, Nash, or the up and coming Wall and Irving, is not necessary to achieve that.

There's an infatuation with the PG position, which is ironic, because the last two Finals MVPs at that position was Parker and Billups. In both situations, strong cases can be made that they were able to amass the numbers they had because of the team dynamic. Duncan down low, Ginobli, and Bowen in the corner, etc. and with the Pistons, you had The Wallace Wall controlling the paint, RIP, Prince, with both Okur and Mike James coming off the bench to stretch the defense and pop 3s.

Other than those two, the PGs on championship teams have been Kidd, Fisher x2, a young "don't **** it up please" Rondo who shot 40% from the field while averaging 10 points and 6 assists per game in the playoffs...clearly not the Rondo we know now, and Gary Payton and Jason Williams.

So, for as talented as CP3, Rose, and those guys are...why in the world would we be trading Melo for an All-star PG? Based on recent history, what makes anyone think that's the way to go? Because of all of the rings that the mega star PGs have wracked up in the past decade...?

Last edited:

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
I'll take a dominant wing and a "good enough" PG over just having the PG and trying to fit pieces around him.

It's not the most popular stance to take, but we often see championship teams relying on the dynamism of a player at a position other than PG. The PG just needs to be competent enough to run the team, contribute what's needed on both ends, and not mess it up. The All-star talents we see in Rose, CP3, D-Will, Nash, or the up and coming Wall and Irving, is not necessary to achieve that.

There's an infatuation with the PG position, which is ironic, because the last two Finals MVPs at that position was Parker and Billups. In both situations, strong cases can be made that they were able to amass the numbers they had because of the team dynamic. Duncan down low, Ginobli, and Bowen in the corner, etc. and with the Pistons, you had The Wallace Wall controlling the paint, RIP, Prince, with both Okur and Mike James coming off the bench to stretch the defense and pop 3s.

Other than those two, the PGs on championship teams have been Kidd, Fisher x2, a young "don't **** it up please" Rondo who shot 40% from the field while averaging 10 points and 6 assists per game in the playoffs...clearly not the Rondo we know now, and Gary Payton and Jason Williams.

So, for as talented as CP3, Rose, and those guys are...why in the world would we be trading Melo for an All-star PG? Based on recent history, what makes anyone think that's the way to go? Because of all of the rings that the mega star PGs have wracked up in the past decade...?

That was going to be my next point but you beat me to it. Of all the finals MVPs since it's inception, there have been more small forwards and shooting guards than any other position. I believe it's something like 12-11 in regards to the 2&3 vs 4&5 position and like 6 different PGs in its history. Before Billups it was Zeke over a decade earlier.

http://www.nba.com/history/finals/champions.html

Last edited:

Den318

Benchwarmer
Watch Melo during the Olympics. The ball is out of his hands within 3 seconds whether it be a pass to a player cutting to the basket, an open player or shooting the ball himself. I think people who say he stops ball movement don't look at what other players are doing around him.

I would scream at the tv last season watching Novak and Fields just stand there at crucial times of the game. Fields was a great cutter so I never understood his mental lapses when he would just stand there for long periods of the game.

People are standing around last year because once the ball get to Melo, it's not coming out!!!!! Ohhh please stop with the Olympic, it is no way a reflection of a NBA game. Everyone passes because everyone can score.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
People are standing around last year because once the ball get to Melo, it's not coming out!!!!! Ohhh please stop with the Olympic, it is no way a reflection of a NBA game. Everyone passes because everyone can score.

Carmelo was third on the team in APG. To say that the ball just stops is incorrect. Just because the media tells us that Melo is selfish doesn't mean that we should feed into their propaganda. I can remember numerous times that I've seen Melo hit a cutting Landry on the baseline or a streaking STAT to the basket or a lob to Chandler. If you move and can get open, Melo will get you the ball if he trusts that you're going to get a higher % shot than he will.

http://http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/22973/brewer-talks-knicks-small-lineup

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
That fat loser Barktree had one mvp season. Its not like he ever won a championship. Melo would toy with and embarrass a prime Barkley, he woulda undeniably had been a champion had he played back then

Agreed, definitely Barkley gets the respect cause he played in the past NBA. Guarantee you had he played in today's league he wouldnt be garnering half as much hype. Melos the better talent and now he has the team to take that next step forward

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Agreed, definitely Barkley gets the respect cause he played in the past NBA. Guarantee you had he played in today's league he wouldnt be garnering half as much hype. Melos the better talent and now he has the team to take that next step forward

Barkley would eat today's soft bums for breakfast.

It's Melo that would struggle in Charles's league.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Carmelo was third on the team in APG. To say that the ball just stops is incorrect. Just because the media tells us that Melo is selfish doesn't mean that we should feed into their propaganda. I can remember numerous times that I've seen Melo hit a cutting Landry on the baseline or a streaking STAT to the basket or a lob to Chandler. If you move and can get open, Melo will get you the ball if he trusts that you're going to get a higher % shot than he will.

http://http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/22973/brewer-talks-knicks-small-lineup

Media called him a selfish player because he is. He's been called a selfish player for years, not just in N.Y. He is 3rd in APG because he has the ball ALL THE TIME. Of course he will find Landry or Stats once in a blue moon. Believe it or not, i think Melo is a really good player. He is just not a smart player.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Datprince.. seriously, take your head outta your arse!

Barkley is a HOF player and one of the 50 greatest of all time. Dude's numbers are friggin mint and he played in the tougher league talent wise- meaning there was more talent in the league on each team at that time. More and better bigs, better guards and higher overal level of all-star talent. If this league is weaker why wouldn't he gain more hype?? Your post doesn't seem to make sense.

That's like saying Frazier wouldn't be nice in this era, which is counter-intuitive. He'd put a hurtin on people and do basically what he did in his era. Barkley would do the same.

Stop.

Barkley would eat today's soft bums for breakfast.

It's Melo that would struggle in Charles's league.

A lil closer to being accurate, but still slightly biased.

I actually think Melo has a more 80's/90's game, physical hardcover game along with his versatility he'd destroy that era

Edit: We actually agree. Sorry.

I think Melo would play similar to how he's playing throughout his career in other decades.

He's a great scorer, a legit great scorer.

Games translate across eras.

Same w Barkley. He would dominate this era like he did 80's-90's.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Can you tell me why Carmelo Anthony is a selfish player?

Shoots all the time
Lazy
Fat
Jello
Baby fat
LeBron is an all around player
Durant is god
ISO ball
Melo ball
Woody
Fields doesn't average 11&7 anymore
Gave up too much
Sucks
Can't get out of 1st Round
Lin
Lin
Lin
Lin
Media says so

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Shoots all the time
Lazy
Fat
Jello
Baby fat
Durant is god
ISO ball
Melo ball
Woody
Gave up too much
Sucks
Lin
Lin
Lin
Lin
Media says so

LOL

KingCharles34

All Star

This is right on point here, theres a reason why that fat f*ck never won a ring. 93 was the only year he played like he wanted it, many of his former teammates have called him fat and lazy. Carmelo at SF or PF, it dont make no difference is better then that fat f*ck barktree. Every time that fat loser opens his mouth i wanna change the channel. Hes a bad role model and a bad person. Carmelo is superior in every way possible

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This is right on point here, theres a reason why that fat f*ck never won a ring. 93 was the only year he played like he wanted it, many of his former teammates have called him fat and lazy. Carmelo at SF or PF, it dont make no difference is better then that fat f*ck barktree. Every time that fat loser opens his mouth i wanna change the channel. Hes a bad role model and a bad person. Carmelo is superior in every way possible

So all of those year ls he was averaging 24-27 points and over 12 boards he didn't want it? Might of had more to do w the talent level of the teams he was on when figuring why be only made one finals appearance.

Regardless, Charles Barkley played with passion and toughness night in and night out. You don't do what he did as a 6'4" 1/2 PF in that era without bringing something extra.

Barkley was a beast. You don't understand how good that dude was.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Are we talking about the same Barkley? Passion? The guy was as lazy a player there was in the league. That's why later in his career he was walking around the court looking fat albert. Melo is a better scorer, better shooter, better defender and better all around human being than Barkley ever was.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Shoots all the time
Lazy
Fat
Jello
Baby fat
Durant is god
ISO ball
Melo ball
Woody
Gave up too much
Sucks
Lin
Lin
Lin
Lin
Media says so

Someone is butt hurt:boohoo::boohoo:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Can you tell me why Carmelo Anthony is a selfish player?

I'll take the bait.

1. Forced deal that depleted Knicks to the tune of 19 players, 56 draft picks, and 46 billion dollars.

2. Quit on coach, which is cardinal sin. It's something you JUST. DON'T. DO.

3. Picture of self above fireplace

The three points I listed scream "INSECURE EGOMANIAC", a condition which goes hand in hand with selfishness.