Paul Pierce - You injury faking sl#t - Takes a shot at NY.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Celtics captain Paul Pierce believes it was important for Nate Robinson to escape the losing climate of the Knicks.

Pierce, taking a shot at New York, said Robinson needed a change of scenery after four-plus seasons with the Knicks.

"As a group, it's helping him a lot," Pierce told The Post.

"Seeing our habits on and off the court, he's understanding it's the better routine. When you get around a certain team and there's no discipline, you tend to go off on your own and do whatever you want. It's a lot different here. We're a championship team on and off the court. He's seeing it and learning from it."

Via New York Post

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._knicks_were_toxic_to_robinson/#ixzz0qHHmaBkj

I ****ing hate Boston and their poofy, a-hole, boo hoo, c()nt Captain Paul Pierce. Go Lakers. Anyone who backs this statement, remember:

Nate was in charge of his own actions then and now. Pierce is a cock sucker and deserves the chair for dissing NY.

paul-pierce-injury-celtics_nc.jpg

539w1.jpg

"Quick! I need semen and a banana"

Starks

Starter
I don't like the Celtics, and I don't really care for Pierce, but I agree 120% with everything he said. It's the absolute truth and every real knick fan knows this.

The Knicks have turned into some kind of mickey mouse organization that will serve as a case study in business schools for how organization's are run horribly wrong.

p0nder

Starter
While i friggin despise the celtics, Peirce is right. The culture and atmosphere of championship caliber teams is much different then what we have currently in NY. Look at what Pops has done in San Antonio. Look at Boston, LA, and Orlando.

These are teams that not only have the talent but also embody the swagger and work ethic of champions. They go into every game believing they can and will win. And for the most part they do. They are constant contenders and make annual trips into the deep rounds of the playoffs.

Bill walker commented on it when he was traded to NY. The atmosphere was completely different from boston and he felt that he not only brought his skills but also that championship demeanor to the locker room. It's not a coincidence that Nate is playing very well in the playoffs with boston and making less of those mistake he made in a knicks jersey.

I really hope the deals happen this summer to bring the swagger back to NY.

Starks

Starter
While i friggin despise the celtics, Peirce is right. The culture and atmosphere of championship caliber teams is much different then what we have currently in NY. Look at what Pops has done in San Antonio. Look at Boston, LA, and Orlando.

These are teams that not only have the talent but also embody the swagger and work ethic of champions. They go into every game believing they can and will win. And for the most part they do. They are constant contenders and make annual trips into the deep rounds of the playoffs.

Bill walker commented on it when he was traded to NY. The atmosphere was completely different from boston and he felt that he not only brought his skills but also that championship demeanor to the locker room. It's not a coincidence that Nate is playing very well in the playoffs with boston and making less of those mistake he made in a knicks jersey.

Exactly. Sometimes I think this board is full of children

smokes

Huge Member
I'm not really convinced. Sure what he's saying makes sense but there are plenty of players on the Knicks that don't just go and do whatever they want on the court, because they have discipline.

Nate has still been pretty inconsistent for the Celtics, half of his games have been very poor, the other half good. His game 2 performance was really nice though.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nate hasn't gotten enough minutes from the Celtics for the Celtics to know just how inconsistent he is.

Give him a few more starts and they'll be like "hmmm...15 points off the bench one night, 0-8 the next?"

Pierce has a point though. The Knicks don't act like winners, they don't behave like winners, they don't have a winners' mindset.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Exactly. Sometimes I think this board is full of children

I don't like the Celtics, and I don't really care for Pierce, but I agree 120% with everything he said. It's the absolute truth and every real knick fan knows this.

Real Knick fans? You've advocated Reggie Miller over the Knicks AND agree with Pierce.

Congratulations! You're a quasi Knick fan.

A roster full of throw away contracts, as a result of Isiah's bumbling idiocy, and a coach that doesn't like inconsistent players that should be in the circus. What the **** kind of atmosphere do you expect in the wake of a wave of shit?

Every Knick player bar Gallo, Will and Douglas knew they were on the way out. It manifested itself in to another shitty mess. An unfortunate but necessary evil of getting the franchise back to square one.

Go and swap jerseys

Kiyaman

Legend
Nate hasn't gotten enough minutes from the Celtics for the Celtics to know just how inconsistent he is.

Give him a few more starts and they'll be like "hmmm...15 points off the bench one night, 0-8 the next?"

Pierce has a point though. The Knicks don't act like winners, they don't behave like winners, they don't have a winners' mindset.

Nate has never been inconsistent.
Our Knick starting lineup and six coaches for the previous 7 straight seasons has been inconsistent.
What players were in the Celtics starting lineup in the 2007-8 FINALS?
does the Celtics have the same starters in the 2009-10 FINALS?
do u think the Celtics starters would accept CP3 over Rondo in this FINALS?
Damn! its just to many Knick-Fans hating the truth.

Ponders....said it best in this post:

Originally Posted by p0nder

:agreed:

Starks

Starter
Real Knick fans? You've advocated Reggie Miller over the Knicks AND agree with Pierce.

Congratulations! You're a quasi Knick fan.

A roster full of throw away contracts, as a result of Isiah's bumbling idiocy, and a coach that doesn't like inconsistent players that should be in the circus. What the **** kind of atmosphere do you expect in the wake of a wave of shit?

Every Knick player bar Gallo, Will and Douglas knew they were on the way out. It manifested itself in to another shitty mess. An unfortunate but necessary evil of getting the franchise back to square one.

Go and swap jerseys

When the fuk did i advocate reggie miller OVER the Knicks? Never happened. And I care more about the Knicks than is considered healthy. It's called tough love. Father's know what I'm talking about.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Wasn't Paul Pierce on the worst team in the league just a few years ago? Suddenly now he is the expert on winning? I don't know, maybe having two all-stars come and rescue him makes him an expert.

smokes

Huge Member
Not to mention the fact that between him, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett at least one of them and often two of them play absolutely horribly (see tonight, Ray and Pierce completely useless). The only consistent player on the Celtics is Rondo.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Wasn't Paul Pierce on the worst team in the league just a few years ago? Suddenly now he is the expert on winning? I don't know, maybe having two all-stars come and rescue him makes him an expert.

Exactly.

And he was on a shitty losing team (Boston) when we were actually a winning team (making the playoffs).

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
When the fuk did i advocate reggie miller OVER the Knicks? Never happened. And I care more about the Knicks than is considered healthy. It's called tough love. Father's know what I'm talking about.

Reggie Miller was like the Ric Flair of basketball. He made that series and if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have such poignant feelings when thinking back on the mid 90s.

Over the Knicks was a poor choice of words. But you gave props to the enemy. As you did with Pierce. You can say there are children on this site, but backing Pierce against your own team and calling Miller "the Ric Flair" of basketball makes you mutinous swine in my eyes.

Haven't you ever had a direct sporting enemy of your own? Or are you just high and perpetually mellow?

Give no props to the enemy.:wwf:

p0nder

Starter
LJ4ptplay is correct that it wasn't that long ago that the knicks enjoyed a perennial playoff spot while boston was a team of scrubs. However cultures change and 10 years of losing will whittle away the environment of success. And yes, just one championship + 3 or 4 all stars + a former winning-culture-era knick as a coach can vault a PoS team like the celtics into that same winning culture we have lost in NY.

The only way to get the Knicks out of this losing funk is to WIN. Win at all costs. We need some MAJOR deals to go down between now and July 1st to secure this (yeah it's probably all being done between now and then, most of it probably decided by draft day).

Of course this is not at all an excuse for Nate's erratic play in NY. He has the talent and skills to be a great player, he just doesn't know how to use them to their full potential. Perhaps the "winning attitude" Boston has is helping his confidence and calming his demeanor a bit. You can almost use this as a case study of the difference that this "winning culture" has on players. If Nate continues to play well and improve his game, while coming off the bench for the celtics (just as he did here) well then we know why.

Paul1355

All Star
Pierce is right, Nate is better off

honestly i hate paul pierce, how much he flops, and his whole team and city as much as the next NY fan but Pierce was right. Mike D coached Nate poorly, he sat him constantly then made him a a starter then sat him again, Mike D had no clue what to do with Nate. The only advice he had for him was to just "do his thing" which usually resulted in Nate jacking up three's.

Nate is in a better spot in Boston and he plays very well with good players around him unlike playing with the Knicks team of sucky players.

Nate learned by being in Boston that he has to control himself and play more like a PG by distributing, in NY he was a shoot-first PG that had bad shot selection. Now with Boston he is trying to learn from the veterans around him and is prob nervous to miss shots were in NY with MIke D letting guys jack it up, Nate never thought about how him missing shots would hurt the team.

Discipline is non-existent with Mike D, he is so open and let's players do whatever they want which is not discipline. It's freedom, but coaches are on a team to put a halt to over confident players trying to do too much.