How intelligent are chimpanzees?

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Examples of Kanzi's behavior:

In an outing in the Georgia woods, Kanzi touched the symbols for "marshmallows" and "fire." Susan Savage-Rumbaugh said in an interview that, "Given matches and marshmallows, Kanzi snapped twigs for a fire, lit them with the matches and toasted the marshmallows on a stick."

Paul Raffaele, at Savage-Rumbaugh's request, performed a Maori War Dance for the Bonobos. This dance includes thigh-slapping, chest-thumping, and hollering. Almost all the bonobos present interpreted this as an aggressive display, and reacted with loud screams, tooth-baring, and pounding the walls and floor. All but Kanzi, who remained perfectly calm; he then communicated with Savage-Rumbaugh using bonobo vocalizations; Savage-Rumbaugh understood these vocalizations, and said to Raffaele "he'd like you to do it again just for him, in a room out back, so the others won't get upset. So a private performance in another room was successfully, peacefully and happily carried out.

Sue Savage-Rumbaugh has observed Kanzi in communication to his sister. In this experiment, Kanzi was kept in a separate room of the Great Ape Project and shown some yogurt. Kanzi started vocalizing the word "yogurt" in an unknown "language"; his sister, who could not see the yogurt, then pointed to the lexigram for yogurt.

Kanzi's accomplishments also include tool use and tool crafting. Kanzi is an accomplished stone tool maker and is quite proud of his ability to flake Oldowan style cutting knives. He learned this skill from Dr. Nick Toth, who is an anthropologist with the Stone Age Institute in Bloomington, Indiana. The stone knives Kanzi creates are very sharp and can cut animal hide and thick ropes. * In one demonstration shown on the television show Champions of the Wild, Kanzi was shown playing the arcade game Pac-Man and understanding how to beat it.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I can certainly say that chimps are smarter than many of the members of this forum...:cool:

On a serious note, chimps are smart and closely related humans. I don't how people can look at these animals and deny the existence of evolution or that we have a common ancestry.

Because people are not monkeys. So they've taught monkeys a few tricks. Dogs understand language too. Tell one to sit. Doesnt make us dogs. The fact that the monkeys have to have assistance from a higher being only lends credence to the biblical account which God places all animals under human care. But when u can mate with a monkey, then we'll talk seriously.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Because people are not monkeys. So they've taught monkeys a few tricks. Dogs understand language too. Tell one to sit. Doesnt make us dogs. The fact that the monkeys have to have assistance from a higher being only lends credence to the biblical account which God places all animals under human care. But when u can mate with a monkey, then we'll talk seriously.

Why is a monkey and a man mating so important to you? That doesn't make any sense. Elk and deer can't mate.

No one said people are monkeys. No one said we came from monkeys.

Can't you at least appreciate the intelligence of a chimpanzee? It's much more than language.

Why is a monkey and a man mating so important to you? That doesn't make any sense. Elk and deer can't mate.

No one said people are monkeys. No one said we came from monkeys.

Can't you at least appreciate the intelligence of a chimpanzee? It's much more than language.

Because u believe we evolved from an unfounded common ancestor, no one will ever find. And because evolution makes it appear that we evolved from primate to human. Primates are monkeys.

I appreciate all forms of life for what they are. Thats impressive. But a few impressive tricks is not enough to convince me monkeys is my peoples.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Because u believe we evolved from an unfounded common ancestor, no one will ever find. And because evolution makes it appear that we evolved from primate to human. Primates are monkeys.

I appreciate all forms of life for what they are. Thats impressive. But a few impressive tricks is not enough to convince me monkeys is my peoples.

It's like you haven't even tried to understand a single thing.

Genetic drift and speciation are facts. They have been observed in nature. So what you ask as proof is beyond ridiculous and only further displays your lack of understanding.

How about from now on stick to the religious stuff and don't bother commenting on the scientific stuff. Ok? It's obvious you don't want to learn.

It's like you haven't even tried to understand a single thing.

Genetic drift and speciation are facts. They have been observed in nature. So what you ask as proof is beyond ridiculous and only further displays your lack of understanding.

How about from now on stick to the religious stuff and don't bother commenting on the scientific stuff. Ok? It's obvious you don't want to learn.

So of all of this wer fact, where is the common ancestor?

Yes, it does. I have evidence. You have zero evidence. Plain and simple. No need to further discuss this.
You found the common ancestor? I think not. U want God to appear before ur eyes to believe, but ur fine believing in a mythical common ancestor u, nor anyone else will ever find. Ur meanwhile, the preaching work Jesus said would mark his existence goes on in ront ur very eyes and u like "no it aint". And the religious are dillusional.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You found the common ancestor? I think not. U want God to appear before ur eyes to believe, but ur fine believing in a mythical common ancestor u, nor anyone else will ever find. Ur meanwhile, the preaching work Jesus said would mark his existence goes on in ront ur very eyes and u like "no it aint". And the religious are dillusional.

Like I said, no need to further discuss this.

Still waiting for the world to end. You've been telling me it's going to end for the past three years. Still nothing. You'll see. I guarantee it won't happen in your lifetime. With 100% certainty. Eventually you'll see you were wrong.

Until then there is no need for you to bother discussing scientific debates. Please stay out of them from now on. Thank you.

Like I said, no need to further discuss this.

Still waiting for the world to end. You've been telling me it's going to end for the past three years. Still nothing. You'll see. I guarantee it won't happen in your lifetime. With 100% certainty. Eventually you'll see you were wrong.

Until then there is no need for you to bother discussing scientific debates. Please stay out of them from now on. Thank you.

Listen at you, as if you are a measuring stick for intelligent analysis! You cant even understand biblical simplicities, which an avg 3rd grader could store mentally for a lifetime.

The world will end very soon. Its collapsing all around us. Jesus said it will be like Noahs day. Men were partying and drinking amd havig a good time, and took no note until the end came. Keep that in mind.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Listen at you, as if you are a measuring stick for intelligent analysis! You cant even understand biblical simplicities, which an avg 3rd grader could store mentally for a lifetime.

The world will end very soon. Its collapsing all around us. Jesus said it will be like Noahs day. Men were partying and drinking amd havig a good time, and took no note until the end came. Keep that in mind.

Ok, will do.

Keep in mind the facts and evidence I have given you that have proven your religion to be false when 5 years have passed, 10 years, 15 years, on your deathbed? Someday you'll see. I'll keep reminding you. You people need to be held accountable so the human species can move on and stop capitulating to silly ancient superstitions.

And the fact that Jesus speaks of Noah only proves Jesus was not the son of God. Noah's Arc is impossible. I have proven this to you. Impossible genetically and mathematically. If Jesus was the son of God he would have known the story of Noah's Arc was false, hence Jesus was just another human being living in a time when people didn't understand genetics, speciation, etc.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So how did Jesus know that a preaching work would be done worldwide, similar to his? Guessed?

How did he not know the story of Noah's Arc was false?

How did Muhammed have so many prophecies of the end times come true as well?

Last edited:
How did he not know the story of Noah's Arc was false?

How did Muhammed have so many prophecies of the end times come true as well?

Wait, u do know Jesus was like eons smarter than any human in history, right? Nothing about him says liar in the slightest. So because you and some imperfect humans have deemed Noahs arc impossible means Jesus is a liar, in effect? So Jesis lied about the Noah account? how can u stand by a science that had proven itself only fairly reliable?

And the muhammed thing, stop.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Wait, u do know Jesus was like eons smarter than any human in history, right? Nothing about him says liar in the slightest. So because you and some imperfect humans have deemed Noahs arc impossible means Jesus is a liar, in effect? So Jesis lied about the Noah account? how can u stand by a science that had proven itself only fairly reliable?

I'm not saying Jesus lied. I'm saying he didn't know it was impossible because he was human, like any other human that existed during that time and didn't possess the knowledge. Jesus also spoke of Jonah. Another impossible story. These prove he was not the son of god. The son of god would have known those stories were impossible.

Since the flood lasted 150 days, that is plenty of time to kill every species and subspecies of plant and animal on earth not living in the water. All tree species, all mammals, all amphibians, all plants, all lichen species, etc, etc.

So, since you say evolution is false, that means Noah had to have two of every plant and animal in the ark (plants reproduce sexually too). Two of every species. Not just two bears and two pine trees. Since evolution is false, two Ponderosa Pine, two Red Pine, two Lodgepole Pine, two White Pine, etc, etc....two black bears, two grizzly bears, two gobi bears, two polar bears, two panda bears, two brown bears, two kodiak bears, two asian bears, two Bergman's bears, two blue bears, two MacFarlane's bears, etc, etc, etc, etc. and since there are roughly 5 million species (very conservative estimate) of plant and animal on earth that means Noah must have had approximately 10 million individuals stuffed into the ark.

The size of the ark was:
length = 300 cubits (450 feet, or 135 meters), width = 50 cubits (75 feet, or 22.5 meters). it had three stories and its height was 30 cubits (45 feet, or 13.5 meters).

This is not large enough to contain all of the individuals. This is not even taking into consideration the amount of food required to feed all of the animals for 150 days.

This is not "fairly reliable" science. This is fact.

Now, even if you want to ignore all of those undeniable facts, as I've stated numerous times, it is genetically impossible for two species of any complex organism to successfully maintain a viable population. Two lions can not create a population of lions.

These are facts. Not "fairly reliable". All you're left with is that God changed the rules with his magic. And then changed them back.

Also, rain is fresh water. The amount of rain needed to flood the earth in 40 days would have diluted the oceans salinity to the point that every salt water adapted ocean inhabitant would have died as well. So technically Noah would have also had to have two great white sharks, two hammerhead sharks, two tiger sharks, two mako sharks, two sand sharks, etc, etc, etc. All contained in separate salt water tanks for 150 days.

So, do you see? The bible, Jesus and you are wrong. Just flat out wrong. And this is how I know the world is not going to end. You will see someday. It may be when you are very old (hopefully not) but eventually you will see.

And the muhammed thing, stop.

What about Muhammed? All of his prophecies have come true. I find it ammusing that you are able to dismiss it so easily and expect everyone to believe the impossible stories of Noah's Ark, Adam and Eve, Jonah, etc. Quite hypocritical of you.

I'm not saying Jesus lied. I'm saying he didn't know it was impossible because he was human, like any other human that existed during that time and didn't possess the knowledge. Jesus also spoke of Jonah. Another impossible story. These prove he was not the son of god. The son of god would have known those stories were impossible.

Since the flood lasted 150 days, that is plenty of time to kill every species and subspecies of plant and animal on earth not living in the water. All tree species, all mammals, all amphibians, all plants, all lichen species, etc, etc.

So, since you say evolution is false, that means Noah had to have two of every plant and animal in the ark (plants reproduce sexually too). Two of every species. Not just two bears and two pine trees. Since evolution is false, two Ponderosa Pine, two Red Pine, two Lodgepole Pine, two White Pine, etc, etc....two black bears, two grizzly bears, two gobi bears, two polar bears, two panda bears, two brown bears, two kodiak bears, two asian bears, two Bergman's bears, two blue bears, two MacFarlane's bears, etc, etc, etc, etc. and since there are roughly 5 million species (very conservative estimate) of plant and animal on earth that means Noah must have had approximately 10 million individuals stuffed into the ark.

The size of the ark was:
length = 300 cubits (450 feet, or 135 meters), width = 50 cubits (75 feet, or 22.5 meters). it had three stories and its height was 30 cubits (45 feet, or 13.5 meters).

This is not large enough to contain all of the individuals. This is not even taking into consideration the amount of food required to feed all of the animals for 150 days.

This is not "fairly reliable" science. This is fact.

Now, even if you want to ignore all of those undeniable facts, as I've stated numerous times, it is genetically impossible for two species of any complex organism to successfully maintain a viable population. Two lions can not create a population of lions.

These are facts. Not "fairly reliable". All you're left with is that God changed the rules with his magic. And then changed them back.

Also, rain is fresh water. The amount of rain needed to flood the earth in 40 days would have diluted the oceans salinity to the point that every salt water adapted ocean inhabitant would have died as well. So technically Noah would have also had to have two great white sharks, two hammerhead sharks, two tiger sharks, two mako sharks, two sand sharks, etc, etc, etc. All contained in separate salt water tanks for 150 days.

So, do you see? The bible, Jesus and you are wrong. Just flat out wrong. And this is how I know the world is not going to end. You will see someday. It may be when you are very old (hopefully not) but eventually you will see.

What about Muhammed? All of his prophecies have come true. I find it ammusing that you are able to dismiss it so easily and expect everyone to believe the impossible stories of Noah's Ark, Adam and Eve, Jonah, etc. Quite hypocritical of you.

I don't claim to know exactly how Jehovah maneuvers all he does. I dont understand fully how he claims to have always existed for instance. But I do know that Jesus said their would be a restoration of truth in the last days, and I do know that his work is being carried out today, I do know that people from all nations serve God together, and peaefully co exist. Something man struggles with. And I cant ignore that.

Now when u say things are facts, you are saying it has been figured out. So ur trying to tell me, that imperfect man has without a doubt, figured out exactly how everything genetically works? So there will be no revisions at anytime in the near future? Because science changes their vp A LOT! I mean, now neanderthal and modern humans coul
d have mated, thats a revision. Am I supposed to put a whole lotta stock into u saying Adam and eve couldnt produce all of mankind based on scientific revision? Why?

No, no. Jehovah does not do that. There is no revising to worry of. What he says will happen, happens. See the NYT article on most read magazine in the world!

Muhammed was not a prophet. The Quran is not a book of prophecy, even believers will tell u so. Stop.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I don't claim to know exactly how Jehovah maneuvers all he does. I dont understand fully how he claims to have always existed for instance. But I do know that Jesus said their would be a restoration of truth in the last days, and I do know that his work is being carried out today, I do know that people from all nations serve God together, and peaefully co exist. Something man struggles with. And I cant ignore that.

Now when u say things are facts, you are saying it has been figured out. So ur trying to tell me, that imperfect man has without a doubt, figured out exactly how everything genetically works? So there will be no revisions at anytime in the near future? Because science changes their vp A LOT! I mean, now neanderthal and modern humans coul
d have mated, thats a revision. Am I supposed to put a whole lotta stock into u saying Adam and eve couldnt produce all of mankind based on scientific revision? Why?

No, no. Jehovah does not do that. There is no revising to worry of. What he says will happen, happens. See the NYT article on most read magazine in the world!

It's not revision when talking about size. It's physics. You can't fit a bowling ball into a can of pepsi. You can't fit all of those animals into the ark. Impossible. If you can change the laws of physics and fit a bowling ball into a pepsi can, then we'll talk. Until then, Noah's Ark is impossible.

You are essentially saying, "I don't care about facts, I know I'm right and will continue to tell people they're wrong and I'm right, even though all facts and evidence prove I'm wrong". Good luck with that. Like I said. You'll see someday. When the world has not ended, eventually you will have to come to terms with it.

And yes, it is fact that two individuals of a complex species cannot sustain a viable population through sexual reproduction. Fact. We don't need to know everything about everything to know it is fact. We don't know everything about the universe but we know for certain the earth is 238,857 miles from the moon. Not knowing one thing does not equate to not knowing anything. Your excuse that science adapts based on acquiring knowledge is bogus with this and only an excuse you cling onto so you don't have to be held accountable for your actions.

Muhammed was not a prophet. The Quran is not a book of prophecy, even believers will tell u so. Stop.

Prophesized by Muhammad:

- The enemies of the Muslims dividing the Muslim's wealth and lands
- The decrease of religious knowledge
- The increase of sexual promiscuity
- Nakedness of women while still being dressed
- The increase of literacy
- The increase of musical instruments, and the Muslims making it lawful even though the Prophet has forbidden them
- The drinking of wine becoming common
- People will abandon religion
- The worst and most ignorant will become leaders
- The caliphate and martyrdom of ‘Uthman
- The conquest of Cyprus
- The conquest of Istanbul
- The increase in killing
- Disappearance of trustworthiness
- The increase of the use of money

How did he know all of this? Guessed?

Everything you say about these prophecies can be applied to the prophecies you claim are true. Everything.

Last edited: