Knicks V Nets - Dec 21 @ 7:30 - 2nd Preseason Game

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Melo_Stoudemire_PreseasonNets_670_111208.jpg

SOME WISE WORDS FROM MAGIC

"Number one, the biggest challenge, is how do they come together," said Johnson, an ESPN analyst, Tuesday during a conference call. "How do they play as a team? We saw what happened to the Heat early on last year. They were not playing well together, and then they finally caught fire mid-season and into the playoffs. If you're not in sync with one another, the Knicks are going to struggle early, so fans have got to be patient."

magic-johnson-profile.jpg

"They were never in sync last season, so coach (Mike) D'Antoni has to figure out how to get them in sync and how to get them to play with each other and off of each other," Johnson said. "They're not even used to working with each other. It's going to take a while for them to figure out where each other likes to be, where am I supposed to be on offense?"

"Fans got to be patient, but number one, the players have got to be patient," Johnson said. "If they don't get off to a early good start, they've got to stick with it. Because once they get it down, they're going to be battling with Chicago and Miami for the Eastern Conference championship."

images%2B%252810%2529.jpeg

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I'm pumped. With this being the final preseason game, I think they're gonna go hard and treat this as a reg. season game. :gony::gony:

We can take the Nets.
PG- Toney Douglas vs Deron Williams
SG- Landry Fields vs Robin Williams
SF- Melo vs Shawne Williams
PF- Amar'e vs William Shakespeare
C- Chandler vs Shelden Williams

Let's Go KNICKS!!!!!! :beer:

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;190937 said:
^

Nope.

That's from knicksnow.com. Have you not checked it out before? It's awesome!!

Yeah I've been there it's nice. Haven't visited since they put that up though. It's so badly photoshopped xD There is a big chunk missing from Amares shoulder!

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Hm. Well, the tools are there; Mike D has his number to sustain a run-and-gun offense. Let's see how well it takes. (Seriously, were the heck did Amare nearly defenestrate himself, Crazy?)

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
I'm pumped. With this being the final preseason game, I think they're gonna go hard and treat this as a reg. season game. :gony::gony:

We can take the Nets.
PG- Toney Douglas vs Deron Williams
SG- Landry Fields vs Robin Williams
SF- Melo vs Shawne Williams
PF- Amar'e vs William Shakespeare
C- Chandler vs Shelden Williams

Let's Go KNICKS!!!!!! :beer:

brook Lopez?

DrB

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;190922 said:
Melo_Stoudemire_PreseasonNets_670_111208.jpg

SOME WISE WORDS FROM MAGIC

"Number one, the biggest challenge, is how do they come together," said Johnson, an ESPN analyst, Tuesday during a conference call. "How do they play as a team? We saw what happened to the Heat early on last year. They were not playing well together, and then they finally caught fire mid-season and into the playoffs. If you're not in sync with one another, the Knicks are going to struggle early, so fans have got to be patient."

magic-johnson-profile.jpg

"They were never in sync last season, so coach (Mike) D'Antoni has to figure out how to get them in sync and how to get them to play with each other and off of each other," Johnson said. "They're not even used to working with each other. It's going to take a while for them to figure out where each other likes to be, where am I supposed to be on offense?"

"Fans got to be patient, but number one, the players have got to be patient," Johnson said. "If they don't get off to a early good start, they've got to stick with it. Because once they get it down, they're going to be battling with Chicago and Miami for the Eastern Conference championship."

No doubt about it. It's hard to remember what everyone says but we all agree to following
1. The frontline is excellant and can only get better as the seasons rolls on.
2. A few weeks ago there were 7 contracts and 9 new faces...this opinion by Magic is right on. Look at the Roster.
3. The question marks are in the back court and if anyone here thinks TD and LANDRY are a champanship DUO ...get me what you are smoking
4. We are all in agreement thar Baron Davis can be if he is healthy the answer to the backcourt problem especially if the 8-10 weeks becomes more like 4- 6 weeks before he's ready. Even at 8-10 weeks the upside beats the downside for a Veterans minimum contract. Let's not forget he's getting 14 million plus this between the Cavs and the Knicks.
5. The Pre season is taking on a whole new meaning...it used to be about seeing the new faces and improving conditioning amongst the veterans...Now its about speculation...Are the Clippers better than the Lakers? Is Paul Pierce out for the opener? etc..
6. Again I say 66 games is enough to separate the cream from the rest...

No doubt about it. It's hard to remember what everyone says but we all agree to following
1. The frontline is excellant and can only get better as the seasons rolls on.
2. A few weeks ago there were 7 contracts and 9 new faces...this opinion by Magic is right on. Look at the Roster.
3. The question marks are in the back court and if anyone here thinks TD and LANDRY are a champanship DUO ...get me what you are smoking
4. We are all in agreement thar Baron Davis can be if he is healthy the answer to the backcourt problem especially if the 8-10 weeks becomes more like 4- 6 weeks before he's ready. Even at 8-10 weeks the upside beats the downside for a Veterans minimum contract. Let's not forget he's getting 14 million plus this between the Cavs and the Knicks.
5. The Pre season is taking on a whole new meaning...it used to be about seeing the new faces and improving conditioning amongst the veterans...Now its about speculation...Are the Clippers better than the Lakers? Is Paul Pierce out for the opener? etc..
6. Again I say 66 games is enough to separate the cream from the rest...

We're gon be alright when Baron takes over as the starting PG!

Until then I expect us to struggle, it's gonna be tough with Toney running the point, I'd even start Bibby to be honest (but D'Antoni won't do that). Still, I fully back the guys and we gotta go through it and win as many games as possible until Baron will be able to play.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
agree. im actually not too comfortable with guard situation. if we want to contend, we definetly need a alpha dog in the backcourt. davis can be that in the facilitator role and much more. equally important to what he actually does on the court is teams respecting what he can do. i dont want teams coming in thinking lets focus on the frontline cuz we dont have to worry about the guards. we need teams to be worried bout our guards having an impact on the game, facilitating, being dead-eye shooters or just be hound dogs on defense. Baron, if healthy and motivated can give us that edge.

on a side note, does anyone else agree with the fact that shumps release is slow. i love that hes 6'5 220, explosive, but in the nba there are so many great athletes and you need every little advantage you can get. he wont have the space between the defender and himself like he had in college so coming off picks or pulling up , his release needs to be quicker

jzero29

Rotation player
Agree we need a pg

With Billups buyout, we need a pg, it's true. but can we count on baron davis, who will be coming off another injury, Also he's no spring chicken a little older a little slower. Also I mean, with the addition of chandler, you'd hope the knicks were headed into a more defensive mode...but Davis, no help...he's no billups on defense.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
MSG stream tonight... believe me or not but I missed that MSG stuff, layout, audio background and the crew. Can't wait until the first Friday Night this season! :D

:gony: