Knicks trying to trade for Rondo

welcometonycity

Rotation player
The Knicks have been trying to trade Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Amar'e Stoudemire in a complicated deal for Rondo but the rebuilding Celtics has yet to show much interest.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...urgery-summer-article-1.1520045#ixzz2kxLMW3F4

I dont really see this going down...... We seem desperate with all this trade talk poppin up...

Woodson needs to set a damn rotation and let Stat and Martin play 17plus minutes a night and Prigioni needs atleast 20 minutes a night!

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
Great. This will kill moral and the team will play even worse. Why give your all and you might get traded the next day???

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Lemme tell you this, despite all my love for Shumpert, believe in Amare and understanding for Ray's struggles, Rondo is one of the best point guards in the league and personally, one of my favorite players in the NBA. Damn, we'd also get rid of Amare's contract. But, I don't think the Celtics will take such a deal, they can get some great value for Rondo or they can eventually try to rebuild around him. Also, if Shumpert had another knee surgery the Knicks never reported... damn, the Knicks front office is shady.

Broadway

All Star
The is embarrassing.....we really need to not make a habit of doing this the whole yr. Seriously there is nothing about this that has any redeeming value or sense. We're nothing but a mockery of panic chaos right now.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Rondo is very overrated.

What you didn't mention in your post with the link to the article, and maybe because it was said already and I didn't know about it, is Shumpert had knee surgery this past summer. I'm sick of this secret surgery bs.

Broadway

All Star
Rondo is very overrated.

What you didn't mention in your post with the link to the article, and maybe because it was said already and I didn't know about it, is Shumpert had knee surgery this past summer. I'm sick of this secret surgery bs.

While Rondo may be overrated in your eyes he has infinitely more value across the league than Shumpert while still hurt, yet Shump is playing.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
While Rondo may be overrated in your eyes he has infinitely more value across the league than Shumpert while still hurt, yet Shump is playing.
Howard has infinitely more value across the league than Shumpert, and I'd rather keep Shumpert also. I'm not gonna be influenced hype and stats.

Broadway

All Star
Howard has infinitely more value across the league than Shumpert, and I'd rather keep Shumpert also. I'm not gonna be influenced hype and stats.

I'd rather make smart trades while being realistic...we have no shot at either no matter if your opinion changed on Howard and Rondo. This is the point I'm getting at.

If you want to talk about overrated, look no further than Iman Shumpert himself.

petescud

Starter
Regardless of who we are trading, why do we have to appear so desparate....its only going to lead to a lopsided trade in the other teams favor...maybe its just the NY media...lets hope we do well in the trade that seems imminent to happen...

Broadway

All Star
Regardless of who we are trading, why do we have to appear so desparate....its only going to lead to a lopsided trade in the other teams favor...maybe its just the NY media...lets hope we do well in the trade that seems imminent to happen...

BINGO!!!!!!!!!

We don't know how to get anything accomplished is Stealth Mode....even a stuffed animal knows our plans, that's how out in the open we are. This isn't the media, no we really are that desperate. The main reason Rondo is a target because Melo has sent a mandate to mgmt to trade for him...Funny thing is Melo has no idea how much of his BS Rondo would not put up with.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I would hate Rondo is orange in blue. That's like asking David Ortiz to be traded to the Yankees.

Now you know how some of us felt when trading for Carmelo Anthony especially right before he was to become a Free Agent.

That's like acting as if Melo never sucker punched Mardy Collins in the face and backpedaled like a Dime Trick Ho in MSG away from Nate and Jeffries....

Oh wait "TEAM MELO" has decided to black that out from their memory....My Bad

My advice to those on "TEAM MELO" better support what your Hero wants because he wants Rondo(although he'll never get him)

metrocard

Legend
Now you know how some of us felt when trading for Carmelo Anthony especially right before he was to become a Free Agent.

That's like acting as if Melo never sucker punched Mardy Collins in the face and backpedaled like a Dime Trick Ho in MSG away from Nate and Jeffries....

Oh wait "TEAM MELO" has decided to black that out from their memory....My Bad

My advice to those on "TEAM MELO" better support what your Hero wants because he wants Rondo(although he'll never get him)

Denver and New York never had a rivarly.

Let's be honest, did we really care about Mardy Collins even when he was a Knick.

The Denver-NY brawl was entertaining and gave us something to talk about.

Melo, born in New York to a Nuyorican father and raised in BK till he hit double digits...never been a rival player to the Knicks.

Rondo has always been a thorn to the Knicks for the last 7 seasons. As much as Garnett and Pierce have been rivals to NY, Rondo also have been terrorizing us and embarrassing this team in the playoffs.

Personality wise, he's a locker room cancer. I'm surprised you ignore that but yet get on Melo's inability to get a team together.

Rondo's recent injury is pretty scary. Rondo needs his knee with how he plays, his style is dependent on his speed and ability to stay centered and balanced. Without a healthy knee, Rondo will degree and we won't be getting the Rondo of previous years.

We always seem to be taking teams injured and damaged players, from Antonio McDysess to Eddy Curry to Steve Francis all the way to Amare Stoudemire.

When do you want this to stop?

Theres other PG's that will be better than Rondo (a lot of young PG's developing currently). I believe if Knicks are smart they will make a move and give Melo the PG he deserves.

Broadway

All Star
Denver and New York never had a rivarly.

Let's be honest, did we really care about Mardy Collins even when he was a Knick.

The Denver-NY brawl was entertaining and gave us something to talk about.

Melo, born in New York to a Nuyorican father and raised in BK till he hit double digits...never been a rival player to the Knicks.

Rondo has always been a thorn to the Knicks for the last 7 seasons. As much as Garnett and Pierce have been rivals to NY, Rondo also have been terrorizing us and embarrassing this team in the playoffs.

Personality wise, he's a locker room cancer. I'm surprised you ignore that but yet get on Melo's inability to get a team together.

Rondo's recent injury is pretty scary. Rondo needs his knee with how he plays, his style is dependent on his speed and ability to stay centered and balanced. Without a healthy knee, Rondo will degree and we won't be getting the Rondo of previous years.

We always seem to be taking teams injured and damaged players, from Antonio McDysess to Eddy Curry to Steve Francis all the way to Amare Stoudemire.

When do you want this to stop?

Theres other PG's that will be better than Rondo (a lot of young PG's developing currently). I believe if Knicks are smart they will make a move and give Melo the PG he deserves.

It's not about rivalries metro...it's about the overall state and character of a player. Call Mardy a Bum Scrub NBA nobody all we like he didn't deserve the sucker punching. Yes the foul was unnecessary but so was the punch by Melo. This coming from a guy who a few yrs later said to the Media...."Lebron could never get away with the Flopping On The Streets" and the same guy who waited for Garnett by the Bus no punches thrown like a clown....He comes off like he's some street tough guy masked behind this false bullyball persona and he's the furthest from being a bully....He needs to have goons and enforcers behind him to fight his battles and daddy dolan spike the court with mics to tattle on trash talk.

I never seen such a high maintenance so called star in my life and he's won nothing btw.

The dude is a pansy, a lightweight, someone who has to wear all this gladiatorial armor like he's some Roman Centurion playing games, scared of needles and getting surgery. I mean come on when is it gonna end with this Bozo? Melo NY roots are such a stretch he has WB tattooed on his body visibly. There are plenty of NBA players with New York ties that doesn't automatically equate to free passes. Look no further than Marbury and Melo has so many similar traits and tendencies.

We want to sign Kevin Love(INJURY PRONE ALERT) and he just gave us an L this year so let's scratch him off the list while we're at it....shall we?

Or do we find a way to justify this since he's on Hero Boy's Pecking Order List?

Everyone was repping Artest and Queensbridge appears he removed himself from playing a game and it had nothing to do with injury. So sorry New York ties mean jack squat IMO...let's do away with Burroughs reppin ish. Give me players who want to play here no matter what the circumstance is and backs it up day 1 til their last here.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
HOUSTON -- The recent spate of rumors regarding the possible trade of Rajon Rondo are not based in any Celtic reality.

"I haven’t talked to any teams about Rajon Rondo," Celts' president of basketball operation Danny Ainge told the Herald this morning.

He has, however, fielded a number of calls wanting to now if the rumors are true.
"It's frustrating," Ainge said.

He went on to reiterate that Rondo, still rehabbing from ACL surgery, is a major part of the Celtics' plans going forward.

The reports in the last two days have focused more on opposing teams being interested in Rondo, but the packages of lesser players being floated as a return make no sense for the Celts.

This is exactly why we have to remove ourselves from doing what we're doing. It's really starting to look bad for us and will only make things more challenging going forward. Stop calling teams unless we truly have good offers on the table or until they call us.

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer

This is exactly why we have to remove ourselves from doing what we're doing. It's really starting to look bad for us and will only make things more challenging going forward. Stop calling teams unless we truly have good offers on the table or until they call us.

It's not an unthinkable offer. The Celtics aren't going anywhere this year or next. If the deal was just Wallace/Lee for Stat, the Celtics get 9 million in relief of salary obligation the season after next. When you throw shump and rondo in the deal, they'll have around 2 million off the books next year, in addition to lee and wallace's contracts in 2015/16.

If anything, this is a bad, BAD deal for the knicks. which makes it all the more likely.....

skisloper

Starter
It's not an unthinkable offer. The Celtics aren't going anywhere this year or next. If the deal was just Wallace/Lee for Stat, the Celtics get 9 million in relief of salary obligation the season after next. When you throw shump and rondo in the deal, they'll have around 2 million off the books next year, in addition to lee and wallace's contracts in 2015/16.

If anything, this is a bad, BAD deal for the knicks. which makes it all the more likely.....
This is not a deal for the Knicks...............at this point we know we are not winning a title this year or next so we need to clean house and use our freed up money in 2 years..............BUT we all know our Mr Dolan and without draft picks he will try to build something so get ready to take on salary which will carry over over 2 years plus......

WeReady

Benchwarmer
If i was the cletics i would laugh so hard at this trade...why would the C's give up a 4 time all-star for our garbage...Danny Ainge must of been laughing so hard when the knicks came calling..

petescud

Starter
I think this trade is for Melo's sake...he wants to play with Rondo but since we gace away all our draft picks it won't happen

Broadway

All Star

It is because is not giving that offer any thought as currently constituted...yes he'd take on Amar'e possibly in a salary dump(Humphries/Wallace/Lee) but he's not entertaining Felton/Shump/Amar'e for a Rondo package you do understand this right?

The offer is not what you feel can get done legally under the CBA, it has everything to do whether the Celtics have interest dealing Rondo and they have DONUT....we're so punch drunk over fantasy.