Join the discussion ?

Washington Wizards 31 51 .378 20 46 .303

Join the discussion ?

Detroit Pistons 30 52 .366 25 41 .379

Join the discussion ?

Orlando Magic 21 61 .256 37 29 .561

Join the discussion ?

Charlotte Bobcats 19 63 .232 7 59

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8273488/2012-nba-summer-forecast-east-standings

p0nder

Starter
wow. nets and 6ers ahead of the knicks??? pacers the 3rd seed??? Bulls hold on to 4th spot without Rose???

ESPN has such a JLIN hardon that they can't help themselves. They truly believe we let a top 20 player walk and that he was the only reason we had any success. Without him and with another fatty PG they think we're a 1 and done. Knicks for #2 seed and 50+ wins this year!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
ESPN...

pr0gramm-adil8td.jpg

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
wow. nets and 6ers ahead of the knicks??? pacers the 3rd seed??? Bulls hold on to 4th spot without Rose???

ESPN has such a JLIN hardon that they can't help themselves. They truly believe we let a top 20 player walk and that he was the only reason we had any success. Without him and with another fatty PG they think we're a 1 and done. Knicks for #2 seed and 50+ wins this year!

LOL. when in doubt. BLAME LIN. i blame lin for world hunger and war. how about you?

Wargames

Starter
just made a avatar bet with a lakers fan on another board Knicks have a better season than the Nets.... Man I hope the knicks have a better season than than the Nyets... I really don't want to have to look at a net player's face next season.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean I still think losing Lin was a bad move, but you have to be high to think that the Knicks can't top the Pacers.

The Woodson-led Knicks went and curbstomped the Pacers in a home-and-home series last year, and nobody seems to care about that.

p0nder

Starter
LOL. when in doubt. BLAME LIN. i blame lin for world hunger and war. how about you?

I know that we'll hear it with every Loss. "If they had Lin they'd have won that!"

lol!

While I don't hate on Lin or really care that much about letting him walk, I know that it has seriously put the blinders on for a lot of the Media. All they can see is that a "superstar PG" is no longer with the Knicks and so we will not well. Our off season moves are given the worst grades on report cards and ESPN puts us in as a 7th seed (which is where we ended last season, with a much worse team/situation).

I honestly believe that they just make it up as they go along. Whatever team has made the latest "big trade" or free agent pick up is the team that will do the hottest. Hence 76ers getting so much love (they are not going to finish higher then the knicks). The media kind of feeds off itself in that regard, they make up so much hype that they actually wind up believing it and come out with foolish predictions like this.

Do they honestly believe that Chicago with a depleted bench and MVP Rose out for the entire year that they will finish higher then the knicks? what are they smoking??? :smokin:

7th seed looks about right to me.

I don't get it why so many posters overrate the new roster.

I'd love us to win the damn Conference, but you gotta stay objective and 7th looks right to me. Maybe 6th if Indiana flop.

Chandler was the worst player on team USA in London. They went with Love and Davis at center every time a game was competitive, because Chandler (the great defender he is) kills your team's offense. His spacing sucks and he's no threat what so ever.

Amar'e is the worst defender I have ever seen and his offense last season was the worst of his career. He wont change, not at 30.

Melo is a pretty good scorer, but he won't play defense and his style of play unfortunately downgrades his teammates.

Jason Kidd is 56 years old.

Raymond Felton looks like he eats 56 burgers a day.

Novak is a blunt weapon in the playoffs.

J.R. Smith will win you 5 games a season on his own, but lose you 30.

Camby and Thomas, as much as I like them for nostalgic reasons, are both way past it and won't save us.

Shumpert, the guy I rest all of my hopes on, had a serious ACL injury and is coming off surgery....nobody knows whether he'll be the same or even be able to fulfill his career. See Terrell Thomas, potential All-Pro corner, suffering from countless ACL injuries....his career is basically over after only one full season.

Sorry guys, but I don't see it in this roster. Feels like 2006/2007.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer

I'd love us to win the damn Conference, but you gotta stay objective and 7th looks right to me. Maybe 6th if Indiana flop.

Chandler was the worst player on team USA in London. They went with Love and Davis at center every time a game was competitive, because Chandler (the great defender he is) kills your team's offense. His spacing sucks and he's no threat what so ever.

Amar'e is the worst defender I have ever seen and his offense last season was the worst of his career. He wont change, not at 30.

Melo is a pretty good scorer, but he won't play defense and his style of play unfortunately downgrades his teammates.

Jason Kidd is 56 years old.

Raymond Felton looks like he eats 56 burgers a day.

Novak is a blunt weapon in the playoffs.

J.R. Smith will win you 5 games a season on his own, but lose you 30.

Camby and Thomas, as much as I like them for nostalgic reasons, are both way past it and won't save us.

Shumpert, the guy I rest all of my hopes on, had a serious ACL injury and is coming off surgery....nobody knows whether he'll be the same or even be able to fulfill his career. See Terrell Thomas, potential All-Pro corner, suffering from countless ACL injuries....his career is basically over after only one full season.

Team usa outscore its opponents by like 50 points with chandler on the court.

Melo is a pretty good scorer? Lmao

Camby statistically was the best rebounder last season.

Felton lost 30 pounds and counting.

Jason kidd is a backup and an upgrade from baron davis.

Stoudemires offense got better each month, due to the lockout it was a slow season for him. His defense sucks but it always has.

Oh and chandler kills an offense? Tell that to the 2011 dallas mavs.

p0nder

Starter
Spree-Houston is letting is Knicks-history color glasses do the talking. It's the safe bet to bet against the knicks every year but this year i believe you will be (happily) eating crow for betting against this team.

The #'s that espn put out there are all very close for teams #2-7. I suspect that they wqill be wrong abot the order of the teams, but i think they are right about the top 7 teams there, tho i am expecting the raptors to squeak in this year ahead of the bucks, wizards and hawks

nyk_nyk

All Star
(Sigh) Where do I begin?

Chandler was the worst player on team USA in London. They went with Love and Davis at center every time a game was competitive, because Chandler (the great defender he is) kills your team's offense. His spacing sucks and he's no threat what so ever. His value was on the defensive end. Has he ever been a real offensive threat? No, so why criticize him for that? How does his spacing suck when he was the beneficiary of many lob passes last season. Also, he won with DAL.

Amar'e is the worst defender I have ever seen and his offense last season was the worst of his career. He wont change, not at 30. His defense is the same as it was in PHX and he was pretty productive there.

Melo is a pretty good scorer, but he won't play defense and his style of play unfortunately downgrades his teammates. Right, so Melo won't play defense at all lol. His "style" of play is expected to be integrated better with a full training camp and new players who will help.

Jason Kidd is 56 years old. He's probably one of the best back-up PGs in the league.

Raymond Felton looks like he eats 56 burgers a day. He's already lost weight and has a lot of people to silence. I wouldn't bet against him this year. We already know he can ball.

Novak is a blunt weapon in the playoffs. Won't make the same mistake twice.

J.R. Smith will win you 5 games a season on his own, but lose you 30. The guy truly wants to be here and win. He tries hard every night and his defense even improved last season. He's making probably half of what his skill level is worth. Valuable bench piece.

Camby and Thomas, as much as I like them for nostalgic reasons, are both way past it and won't save us. If you think Camby and Thomas aren't valuable to a playoff team then you've been misguided. We had serious backup PG and C issues last season, but for some reason you believe two of the most skilled at those positions can't help us???

Shumpert, the guy I rest all of my hopes on, had a serious ACL injury and is coming off surgery....nobody knows whether he'll be the same or even be able to fulfill his career. See Terrell Thomas, potential All-Pro corner, suffering from countless ACL injuries....his career is basically over after only one full season. The guy you rest all your hopes on will be back to full strength at some point. Until then, appreciate that the team went out and got a replacement that's known for playing tough defense all his career.

We're two deep at each position now. Add to that, the bench replacements are all upgrades. Kurt can do everything JJ could plus knock down jumpers.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
here is the WEST if anyone is interested

CONF TEAM W L PCT '12 W '12 L '12 PCT

Okla. City Thunder* 59 23 .720 47 19 .712
@BeckleyMason: Prediction: Thunder are going to win 62+. Can't imagine any coasting from them after the Finals. Same reason Durant will be MVP. #NBApicks

Join the discussion ?

Los Angeles Lakers* 59 23 .720 41 25 .621
@mtg_law_etc: The Lakers are unlikely, due to growing pains and age, to grab the 1-seed in the West, but that isn't their goal. #NBAPicks

Join the discussion ?

San Antonio Spurs 54 28 .659 50 16 .758
@BeckleyMason: Spurs expected to have the 3rd biggest drop in winning % in the West despite retaining their entire roster. Don't buy it. #NBApicks

Join the discussion ?

Los Angeles Clippers* 50 32 .610 40 26 .606
@charliewiddoes: I like that the bar has been set at 50 wins for the #Clippers. Was their pace last year, is a good test for 2nd year improvement. #NBApicks

Join the discussion ?

Denver Nuggets* 50 32 .610 38 28 .576

Join the discussion ?

Memphis Grizzlies 48 34 .586 41 25 .621

Join the discussion ?

Dallas Mavericks 46 36 .561 36 30 .545

Join the discussion ?

Utah Jazz* 41 41 .500 36 30 .545

Join the discussion ?

Minn. Timberwolves* 41 41 .500 26 40 .394
@PDWolves: I'd love to complain about ESPN predicting 41-41 for the Wolves, but that'd be their best record (by 8 wins) since 2005. #NBApicks

Join the discussion ?

G.S. Warriors 38 44 .463 23 43 .348
@fosterdj: Golden State has the firepower, but playoff hopes hinge almost fully on Andrew Bogut's health. Gutless defensive team without him. #NBApicks

Join the discussion ?

Portland Trail Blazers 35 47 .427 28 38 .424

Join the discussion ?

Houston Rockets 33 49 .402 34 32 .515

Join the discussion ?

New Orleans Hornets 31 51 .383 21 45 .318

Join the discussion ?

Phoenix Suns 30 52 .366 33 33 .500

Join the discussion ?

Sacramento Kings 29 53 .354 22 44 .333

Join the discussion ?

metrocard

Legend
76ers are very underrated.

Andrew Bynum right now is the best center in the NBA (We don't know Dwight Howard is 100% from his injury and Dwight's game is based on his ability rather than skill, Bynum is polished on both sides of the floor despite being one of the slowest centers in the NBA)

76ers have a center piece and a top 10 player in Bynum, they have to be marked out for, especially with a young duo of Holliday and Turner that oozes with potential and dynamic role playing ability. Along with shooting guards in Richardson and Nick Young who can score off of the amount of double teams Bynum with face. 76ers have something big going on and don't be surprised to see them compete with the Knicks and Celtics.

I'm pretty serious, bookmark this post for reference. No Bobcats.