Calderon out with a sore groin; Thanasis called up

finestrg

Rotation player
Wow. What's this all about? I actually like TA a lot--I think the dude could be a better version of Gerald Wilkins eventually but does this make any sense? Talent-wise, we're already razor thin at the point to begin with, now Calderon goes down and we don't bring up another ball-handler?? Russ Smith, Jimmer, Travis Trice?? Even Elliot Williams is a capable ball-handler...Could the sore groin thing with Jose be bogus? Could he be on the move? Maybe LT or D-Will could get moved (ATL?), hence the move for another wing in TA? Why TA on a 10-day contract when there are more pressing needs? Anyone wanna take a crack at Phil's logic here?

finestrg

Rotation player
Melo's out again tonight. Maybe with no Melo, no Early and LT just coming back and playing big mins the other night, we felt we needed another wing in the mix? No idea...Help us out here, Phil.

Interested to see how this team looks w/o Calderon. What's the deal with Lowry? I know he was hurt--is he back tonight?

tiger0330

Legend
Lose a PG and they bring up a wing, it's not like the Knicks have an abundance of PG's. That's why I hate the triangle, one of the reasons for bringing up Ante is he knows the "system", so they don't call up a PG to replace JC because the guy never played in the triangle.

If JC doesn't play, looks like JG gets the call with Gallo as the backup.

Kiyaman

Legend
In college or D.League Thanis could be used as a SF.
In the NBA rookie Thanis is a transition defensive Big-Guard that take 15 foot jumpers.

Coach Fisher has been pisssin me off playing the majority of our players out of their natural position.
I wouldn't mind this type of foolish coaching n substitution if we had a 2016 first round draft pick.

finestrg

Rotation player
So I see the Westchester Knicks signed Keith Bogans. Could this indicate that Thanasis is here to stay? Maybe there is a trade in the works. Maybe this Jeff Teague thing does have some legs after all...

I tell ya what, let's give it a week or two--if nothing goes down by then, I want an explanation from Uncle Phil. Might be time for another one of his town hall meetings.

tiger0330

Legend
First Baron Davis and now Keith Bogans join the D-League, always wondered what motivates someone over 30 to go to the D-League to get another chance on the big stage.

I'm sure the Teague talks are true but from reports the Hawks have no interest in Calderon, damn shame you can't trade a guy shooting 41% his whole career esp with how important the 3 ball is in todays game.

finestrg

Rotation player
First Baron Davis and now Keith Bogans join the D-League, always wondered what motivates someone over 30 to go to the D-League to get another chance on the big stage.

I'm sure the Teague talks are true but from reports the Hawks have no interest in Calderon, damn shame you can't trade a guy shooting 41% his whole career esp with how important the 3 ball is in todays game.

For some reason I think it might be for D-Will. Maybe D-Will/Grant for Teague, and then Thanasis takes over the D-Will spot. Barkley was talking about it last night -- said the Knicks "would be scary if they added Jeff Teague." I dunno man--where there's smoke, there's usually fire. Then again with Melo, KP, Early AND Jose all out, maybe they just needed a fresh body. Let's see what happens.

Just put D-Will/Grant for Teague through the Trade Checker over at Realgm -- said the trade would be successful. Just sayin'.

tiger0330

Legend
Bogans didn't even play last year. Is there a possibility he signed with Westchester as a tuneup for a callup if either Calderon or Melo are out for an extended period of time. He's always been a journeyman in the league and now he's 35 and hasn't played in a year, there have got to be better options than Keith Bogans, I know the Knicks think they're in the playoff picture and want guys that can help right away but Bogans?

mafra

Legend
Only way a trade works... A third team would need to be involved, and they would want a big (Lopez) or wing (Williams).

Kiyaman

Legend
Believe me we did not lose a PG .. we gained Caldron's 28 minutes of playing time to share between two (low-turnover) future PG- Gallo n Grant.
How long will Calderon be out? Plus will Phil make a trade to get us a veteran starter PG- Teague, Ty Lawson, Jennings, ????

Thanis should be getting NBA playing time to see if his talents could find a role on a pro team