Donnie can stay if he wants

smokes

Huge Member
Whether Donnie Walsh will return next season as head of the Knicks is apparently Walsh's decision alone.

According to two league sources, owner James Dolan is ready to extend Walsh's tenure if the 70-year-old basketball man so chooses.

Walsh may prefer to permanently move back to Indiana, where his wife lives, or he might wish to continue the job in New York.

"My dream from Day 1 is to put this team on the path to a championship level," Walsh said. "I don't think it's there now, but we're getting close. That's what I said I'd do in three years. That's what I've done."

I didn't see this article posted anywhere so thought I'd throw it up here.

What do you guys think? I reckon DW should stay at least one more year he is a smart GM and there aren't many better available.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I didn't see this article posted anywhere so thought I'd throw it up here.

What do you guys think? I reckon DW should stay at least one more year he is a smart GM and there aren't many better available.

I think he will. I hope he does.

I read that D'Antoni's reps/manager/whatever were meeting with him the other day at the practice facility. Most believe that D'Antoni's fate hangs with Donnie's decision to extend.

It was MDA's agent that met @ the practice facility. MDA looks to be back no matter what next year but I'd love to have Walsh back for another year or two. Walsh has a plan & I wanna see this plan in full effect.

Walsh should stay! He's done a good job so far. Let H20 develop his skills for another year as assistant and then take over the GM post in 1-2 years time.