Game Thread Back to Back 21st & 22nd Game vs Pistons & Bucks

mafra

Legend
Allen hits a 3. RJ misses it. That’s the ballgame. Allen drained it bc RJ goes under the screen…Missed FT from Brunson was the killer tho. Lots of little things RJ didn’t do in the 4th that helped contribute to the loss. A total team loss tho. Fought hard but just not good enough to beat above average or better NBA squads.

mafra

Legend
Knicks shoot 6-30 from downtown… They must’ve missed 15 shots within 3 feet of rim… only had 18 assists. Did I mention 13-20 from FT mine? About as ugly as you can get on offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
That's it! No more RJ Barrett on the court going down the stretch of games .. 4 seasons and Barrett crunch time performance are the same as his raw rookie season.
Tonight, the Knicks being at the end of a back to back would've been our best win of the season over the (15-5) Bucks team. The game was tied at 1 minute remaining in the game.

Money MitchRob 15 pts and 20 rebounds .. Can’t say enough about him. His performance today over Giannis/Lopez/Porter made his contract look like a steal !!!

mafra

Legend
Grimes & IQ were 1-9 from downtown.

1) Hart should be behind Sims
2) RJ wasn’t the issue tonight….
3) Rose is done
4) They don’t have a closer.
5) Cam & Obi need to play 24 mins

I think they lost bc big 3 gassed down stretch. But other players aren’t stepping it up. Team just isn’t good enough. They’re mired in mediocrity.

They can be a 8-10 seed if RJ elevates his play. If not, they’re an 11-13 seed. Pray for 33 wins and not 38.

Kiyaman

Legend
My thoughts on head coach Tom Thibs coaching after 20 games ..
Putting veteran PG/SG D.Rose in the dog house for 20 games ..
We have zero off ball movement, zero off ball screens.
We don't have any set plays, besides the high pick n roll which we struggle to pull off.
Our team-offense has been reduce to individual one on one scoring which only beat teams under .500
Well coach Thibs .. nice game till the final minute ..
I understand the game was the end of a back to back ..
The 5 bench players Thibs has refuse to play as a unit lineup this season, all 5 combine to average 14 minutes each in tonight's rotation.

mafra

Legend
Mike Budenholzer credits Mitchell Robinson for a “relentless” effort rebounding tonight. Said it was one of the better individual performances he’s seen in terms of offensive rebounding. Robinson had 20 rebounds, including 12 offensive boards.

Kiyaman

Legend
Grimes & IQ were 1-9 from downtown.

1) Hart should be behind Sims
2) RJ wasn’t the issue tonight….
3) Rose is done
4) They don’t have a closer.
5) Cam & Obi need to play 24 mins

I think they lost bc big 3 gassed down stretch. But other players aren’t stepping it up. Team just isn’t good enough. They’re mired in mediocrity.

They can be a 8-10 seed if RJ elevates his play. If not, they’re an 11-13 seed. Pray for 33 wins and not 38.
1) Hart should be behind Sims .. True!
2) RJ wasn’t the issue tonight…. At crunch time he became the issue!
3) Rose is done .. D.Rose leadership need his own bench lineup!
4) They don’t have a closer .. D.Rose & Brunson !!!
5) Cam & Obi need to play 24 mins .. Obi & Cam & Quickley trio need to be in a lineup every game improving their chemistry and ball movement.

RJ Barrett are not a starter or closer, especially vs above .500 teams.
Randle's a starter, and a turn over closer. Randle need to start Screening and setting picks for his teammates in the 2nd half of the game, and stop worrying bout shooting the ball.
Tonight Randle shot 8-24 from FG and 1-1 FT for 18 pts
Having Randle or Barrett poor defense in every lineup for 48 minutes every game are a recipe for a 30 win season.
As a Knicks fan I don't see any team-chemistry from Randle or Barrett on the court.

What you see is a perfect example of the F.O. running the team and the coach is in agreement with them.
No coach who worth his salt will keep playing the same players in the 4th quarter over and over again. It defies all logic that no other player is hot or that all of those starting 5 is having a good/great game.
But what you see is the same mindset within the F.O. that is in some elements of the fanbase. Look at the comments of some in this forum that has gone along with F.O. Insanity. Now they running and hiding and not commenting nearly as much as they did in the past.
With this sad State of Affairs that surrounds the Knicks there are no good ideas how to get us out of this mess. I HATE SAYING US. They no idea of the enormous problem that the Knicks are in right now. They no idea of how long it takes to build a true contender. They no idea of what a #3 overall pick should do/ bring or it value. They treat it like any other pick and so what if the player takes to he is 25 years old. How many players had to sacrifice playing time for that bum. That thought has never crossed their mind because they were playing their player and they needed to be right about him.

Maybe that is why they fired Fiz because he said that he was going to change the starting lineup.

When is enough… Enough!!