Game Thread - Knicks versus Warriors - February 7, 2015

Poor form to start a game thread in the 4th quarter, but the Knicks just rattled off a 16 - 0 run to get back in the game after basically being down by over 20 all night. No Melo tonight and Warriors are the best in the West, so no shame in a loss here, but once again, the mishmash that makes up our team these days showing some fight.

Damn, Curry is lethal. Looks like a lineup of THJ, Galloway, Jason Smith, Lance Thomas, and Larkin won't be able to get this game any closer.

Got the lead all the way down to 5 in the 4th quarter and the MSG crowd giving the team a nice little applause at the final buzzer, despite the final score being a double digit deficit.

tiger0330

Legend
Can't believe the Hawks beat the Warriors yesterday. The Hawks are the real deal with a 16 game win streak and beating the Warriors, they barely made the playoffs last year and now they may be the best team in the NBA. If PJ manages a turn around like the Hawks next year I'll take back everything I said about him being a rookie exec and GM.

Broadway

All Star
Can't believe the Hawks beat the Warriors yesterday. The Hawks are the real deal with a 16 game win streak and beating the Warriors, they barely made the playoffs last year and now they may be the best team in the NBA. If PJ manages a turn around like the Hawks next year I'll take back everything I said about him being a rookie exec and GM.

Phil has been awful this yr and he said so himself, doesn't mean he'll be this way his whole time here. What we do know any GM could have been paid far less than Phil to turn us into the worst team in the league.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

Last season the Hawks were an above .500 team before their Center Horford went down with injury in their 46th game having a 25-21 record. The Hawks played .450 ball without Horford until Millsap went down with injury. The Hawks ended last season playing .463 ball 38-44 record.
Having a healthy long depth roster in the 2014-15 season got the 42-9 Atlanta Hawks on a roll.

Derek Fisher don't understand, he is clueless as a rookie coach.
When your rookie assignment are purposely TANKING the season .. u purposely WIN vs top contender teams, and winning coaches to see how high the intensity of KEEPER players are.

Derek Fisher gave Amare 17 minutes playing-time in each of the last two games (Nets/Warriors), both games Amare scored or went to the Line putting opponents big frontline in foul trouble.
Amare's contract could've been traded a long time ago, especially after the Knicks 16-5 run when Phil Jax became president last season. The Knicks would rather buy-out Amare to test their luck in FA market, rather then trade Amare to a playoff team for future picks and one or two good players.

It was nice seeing ex-Knicks David Lee 22 minutes of a double-double plus 5 dimes last night.
What did we get for the David Lee trade again?
The Warriors 2nd unit bench players had a 100% better chemistry on both sides of the court than any of the Knicks rotation lineup had throughout the Knicks season. CTFU

If we traded Stat, wouldn't we have to take 20 million plus in salaries back? I remember looking a couple months ago at teams with large contracts that end in the next year or two, that also have draft picks, and there really weren't any. Not sure Stat is a commodity that can bring us back what we would want without significantly affecting our future cap.

Also, Golden State's roster is ridiculous. The last 5 guys on their bench would make a better lineup than anything we have had all year.

paris401

Starter
'amare plays one game, sits the next 4-5... he has no value... and as said prev, we gotta take back 23+ mill in salary if we were to trade him... cut him, let him go... I doubt that any serious contender will pick him up....

tiger0330

Legend
'amare plays one game, sits the next 4-5... he has no value... and as said prev, we gotta take back 23+ mill in salary if we were to trade him... cut him, let him go... I doubt that any serious contender will pick him up....
They won't trade for him but the Clippers need a big man badly to hold down the fort until BG gets back. I see Stat winding up there after the deadline.