NYK.gif
at.png
BKN.gif

(5-5) -- (4-7)

VenueTVTIME
Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NYESPN7:30 PM EST

mafra

Legend
Knicks have dropped 7 in a row to NETS. Games usually close and end in JT negative eruption. Let?s turn the tide. Knicks undefeated Vs teams under .500

Kiyaman

Legend
(5-5) Knicks Starting Lineup
PF: Julius Randle
SF: RJ Barrett
C: Jericho Sims (I hope so)
SG: Cam Reddish
PG: Jalen Brunson

Injuries: Quentin Grimes (sore foot, questionable), Mitchell Robinson (sprained knee, OUT)

(4-7) Nets Starting Lineup
PF: Kevin Durant
SF: Royce O'Neale
C: Nick Claxton
SG: Joe Harris
PG: Ed Sumner

Injuries: Kyrie Irving questionable, Ben Simmons questionable, Yuta Watanabe (ankle, OUT)

The Knicks have to take back NY tonight .. Which should become an easy win tonight at Barkley center.
In the off season I did wonder bout the Nets ball-movement having dribble-dribble Durant, and dribble-dribble Kyrie, plus Ball handler Simmons LOL

Kiyaman

Legend
Sims look good as a starter .. Knicks starters have to fix the offensive ball-movement to 3 & 4 players getting a touch

mafra

Legend
Knicks 1-11 to start game. Lots of 3s clanking off iron

Randle just missed both FTs?. 24-8 Nets

5 minutes left in 1st. You would think a sub would be necessary?

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks 22 - Nets 38 .. End of First Quarter
Randle played the entire quarter for 15 points on 5-9 FG and 4-7 from 3's

mafra

Legend
RJ, Cam, Brunson, IQ, & Rose shoot a combined 4-21 in the first half. Knicks score 44 points. Brunson has 1 assist.

Sumner for Nets has 15 points and is eating JB alive.

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! The Knicks 44 - Nets 69 score at Half Time are to much Randle (19 min), Barrett (18 min), and Brunson (17 min) in the rotation adding no-defense, no-defense!
Knicks bench & starter players are not clicking on offense/defense along side the trio of Randle, Barrett, and Brunson !!!

mafra

Legend
Knicks decided to effort and earn a paycheck by playing something resembling bc defense in the third Q. Cut lead to 25 but then:

Evan missed a layup
Brunson misses a 3
Evan with awful turnover
RJ missed 3 FT
Brunson missed a 3

And lead back to over 20 to end period.

Broadway

All Star
Let me be very clear, there?s no existing rivalry between these two dreadful BB teams?so emotionally the game meant nothing more than any other game but by golly are the Knicks wretched

Nearly unwatchable and we aren?t even 20gms in. We look different almost every single game, primarily in a bad way

Now what is going on in Boston has me curious?Stevens, Udoka, Mazzulla, Whittingham

What is it about these 4 coaches that has them excelling above expectations with varying degrees of roster and in some cases lesser talent?

mafra

Legend
Cam Reddish with a near perfect game

18 Minutes
0 Points (0-7 FG)
0 Rebounds
1 Assist
0 Steals
0 Blocks
0 Turnovers

mafra

Legend
Jazz beat Hawks in ATL. Ainge breaks down the team and they?re still better than Knicks.

Unless Leon Rose pulls off a miracle trade in a month?. Dolan must mandate he dumps Randle, Evan, Rose and play the kids. Knicks must shoot for top 5 pick. Winning 27-37 games and making some stupid bubble is detrimental to future success.

Tanking will also help give youth experience?. Or expose them so they can move on.

Thibbs and the starters are good enough to keep NYK out of drafting in the top 5. This shouldn?t be allowed. This team is awful on so many levels, but there are a bunch of worse teams (who are focused on the top 5 prize).

Or Dolan can do nothing and this team will
Stink until 2030. The decisions he makes in the next 6-8 weeks will determine what happens next decade. Let?s see what happens.

Personally, I have little faith. Thibbs and Rose will behave like corned animals,
Be desperate, and fight like heck to win 35
games.

I just moved to FLA? if NYK win 33-39 games, while ORL secures a top 5 pick?. I?m out. I?ll adopt Magic as my team and forget this mess. 22 years is my limit. 2000-2022. Not like 1979-1999 brought many shining moments anyway.

Kiyaman

Legend
Another game the Knicks never had the lead in .. Knicks scored 14 points in the 4th qtr., and 9 of those points came from the garbage time players (Mykhailiuk and Grimes).
Announcer JVG said, "The Knicks first half defense were ......" !!!
And coach Tom Thibs, 2nd half coaching PLAN has not improve from last season, whether the Knicks has a big lead, or opponents got a big lead at half time. The Knicks could not chop down the Nets 25 pt. half time lead throughout the 3rd and the 4th quarter (NO team-scoring strategy!)..
The Knicks one pass, or no pass offense to force up a BRICK 3-ball on every Knicks offensive possession for two quarters SMH

Brooklyn new Head coach Jacque Vaughn found away to get his Nets 10 Man rotation to give an impressive performance at Home to Brooklyn Nets fans (and him self the new head coach) by having a team-stat say, " 27 pt blow-out win, grabbing 55 rebounds, 30 assist, 11 steals, 5 blocks, and 14 turnovers .. A nationally televised game too

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Kevin Durant hasn?t lost to the Knicks since April 7, 2013 when he was with the Thunder.

13 straight wins. 21-3 all-time

Kiyaman

Legend
Let me be very clear, there?s no existing rivalry between these two dreadful BB teams?so emotionally the game meant nothing more than any other game but by golly are the Knicks wretched

Nearly unwatchable and we aren?t even 20gms in. We look different almost every single game, primarily in a bad way

Now what is going on in Boston has me curious?Stevens, Udoka, Mazzulla, Whittingham

What is it about these 4 coaches that has them excelling above expectations with varying degrees of roster and in some cases lesser talent?

I would take any of the coaches mention above over Tom Thibs ....
The Knicks 2022-23 season has been performing as if they have no head coach, or assistant head coach. The Knicks performance having one or all their so-call top trio of Randle, Barrett, and Brunson in the lineup has stopped team-chemistry on offense/defense, Ball-movement, and cant defend opponents zone. The Knicks trio last night gave the Brooklyn Nets a 25 point lead at half time by hogging the ball making the Knicks offense a No-Pass offense. The trio combine for 43 FGA out of the teams 87 FGA, plus combine for 8 assist, and 10 turnovers. The Knicks had No chemistry on offense/defense for 48 minutes last night, and coach Tom Thibs had no answer or strategy at all in the 2nd half to reduce the Nets 25 point half time lead throughout the 2nd half.
The Knicks coaches and players should've been made to walk from Brooklyn Barkley center to MSG last night for their BUM performance !!!