Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Charlotte Hornets 7:00pm 11/11/2015

mafra

Legend
I have been watching ball since the 70's as a kid as well, let me ask you this, do you have a problem with two of the knicks wins coming with help from botched calls.. galloway vs the Wizards and then the other night with carmelo standing out of bounds with the ball vs the raptors?

Porzingis got the ball off late, he is long, lanky and slow, and it took a split second too long, but the game should not have come down to that, they blew the defense on zeller and could not contain jeremy lin who ate the knicks guards up all night.

Replay is there for a reason, it is to get the call right, no matter how close it is...

I agree that we had plenty of chances to win, and that we beat ourselves, and that there is plenty of blame to go around. We gave the game away down the stretch.

With that said...

As usual, you and Broadway display your poor reading comprehension (or you only retain the pertinent information that supports your argument). Since you both keep harkening back to the TOR game... Let me reiterate what i previously wrote, here, so we're all clear on the subject: the play before Melo stepped out of bounds... both Lowry and Johnson walked. TOR got two points... Huge break. The TOR TV guys even said they got away with the Lowry walk. Perhaps the refs knew they missed the walk, so they let the Melo step out of bounds slide... A makeup non-call... Who knows. Then, the play after Melo stepped out, DeRezoan travelled. Of course there are bad calls... i only look at the aggregate of calls over the course of a game, and then only weigh the significance based solely on if there was a Gross imbalance that contributed to the outcome of the game.

i may be bit of a conspiracyologist, but I would prefer to be overly paranoid than utterly naive. Go on believing that international bankers are altrusitic... I ask questions, that's it.

You both are too busy barking down every post of mine, that you fail to understand humor and sarcasm... Of course the video was correct... That wasnt my point of emphasis on replay... It was more that it's not a balanced way to ensure correct calls are made. Sure, it was able to fix a wrong on that one play... But every possession, and play, over the flow of a game is of equal importance. So, why not scrutinize them? Ergo, if you let something slide with 1 minute left in the fourth but then only utilize replay tech to correct a mistake in the final tenth of a second... That's fair? Ball clearly went thru hoop with .9 seconds... On the Zeller layup... Was that reviewed? Who, and what, determined that .4 should be switched to .6 and not .9? If .8 was put on clock, the PORZ shot counts and NYK wins. So, based on the final two possessions, even tho replay got it right, it still got it all wrong.... Again, based on what transpired those final two possessions.

and, now, you call out Porzingis? The dude was instructed to cut to the hoop, but he read the defender properly, went to the three point line, took the pass (which nearly scrapped his ankle), and cooly sank a dagger to potentially win the game. But, bc a 7"3 dude had to reach down to his knees to grab an errant pass, causing him to bobble it slightly as he raised it up... He is slow? You crack me up. You keep holding on to your false notions... Reality is already halfway to the moon buddy. I means seriously, you just said a dude is slow because he cant catch and shoot a thirty foot shoot in under six-tenths of a second. Ah, if only it was MLK day and we had .1 remaining.

Broadway constantly harps that my posts are too long. Blah blah blah, yet he reads them? Odd. So excuse me if I dont write a thesis after each game detailing each individual circumstance that lead to a loss. I post what i feel like posting... To vent. It contains about .10% of what I'm thinking.

And, by the way, my Broncos have been beneficiary of 5 offensive holding calls in 8 games.... They lead NFL in sacks, yet are last in NFL in inducing holds on their opponent. Meanwhile, Patriots have been awarded 17 off holds, Cincy 21... Pats induced 4 holds vs Indy (who is one of nfl's worst offenders when it comes to offensive holding) yet when DEN played them... No off holds called (but they ignore blatant PI on Vernon Davis and flag DEn for a defensive holding on a FG attempt)... Is there a large enough sample size yet to justify asking a question, about this particular anomaly? Or, should I just accept things bc others say it is so?

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
From tommy beer (theknicksblog.com)

Tommy Beer ✔@TommyBeer
Kristaps Porzingis is just the 13th player in the last 30 years to post 4 double-doubles in his first 9 career games
6:30 AM - 12 Nov 2015

Towns is another 1/13 to do this.

Kiyaman

Legend
From tommy beer (theknicksblog.com)
Tommy Beer ✔@TommyBeer
Kristaps Porzingis is just the 13th player in the last 30 years to post 4 double-doubles in his first 9 career games
6:30 AM - 12 Nov 2015

Towns is another 1/13 to do this.

The rookie hype around the league is getting good .. How much the rookies are adding to their team wins are a better hype .. 1-Towns, 2-Zingis, 3-Stanley, 4-Winslow, 5-Mudiay
Our final second showed Zingis could b a nice piece in a lineup to take the last-shot.

Our ROOKIES .. Zingis n Grant does not have the experience decision-making performance to be on the court the final 6 minutes of a close crunchtime game .. they both need to watch the final 6 minute of a close game from the bench the first half of the season as a rookie .. by midseason their confidence would be better develop to perform at crunchtime.
Coach Fisher gets a F (Failure) for last night rotation.
The Calderon syndrome pushed rookie Grant into gettin playintime in the final minutes of our first 7 games of the season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont anyone blame the bench-players for this Fisher loss .. the bench players has won every preseason and regular season game.
Fisher decided to give the starter lineup 30 minutes of playintime.
Our bench guards Grant & Galloway played in every quarter of the game last nite, Fisher gave them 19 minutes of playingtime each, when u divide 19 by 4. Lance received 15 minutes of playintime, and Quinn 12 minutes last night. Giving winning bench players spot minutes of playingtime 3 minutes here and 4 minutes there never lets them get into the game