Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers 5/11/2021 10:00 pm [Game #69]

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Tough loss but we still managed to win 3 of 6 during this trip. I honestly believe we did better than expected. The goal remains the same. Win the last three home games.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Bullock and Barrett combined for just 13 points. Without IQ and AB, this put the entire weight of the offense on Rose and Randle.

If RB and RJ have 14 or 15 points, we win the game.

Loss is on those 2 for not doing what Tucker and Matthews did for LAK.

This. I just finished watching that mess this morning because I was tired đź’¤ and got my second covid shot yesterday. But this was on RJ and Bullock. Bullock could have closed this game in regulation but instead shot clock violation. Bad officiating but you expect that on the road. But cmon RJ. IÂ’ve been your biggest supporter but that was awful last night. You got outplayed by Kuzma big time. Hell you got outplayed by Frank off the bench. DonÂ’t blame JR for that game he played his tale off and so did Drose. We needed a 3rd scorer. We needed our 3rd overall pick to play like it and RJ stunk up the joint shooting bricks. I feel like we flushed our playoff chances down the toilet last night. Seeding is everything. Biggest off season need is a pro that can just get buckets. Imagine if we still had TimJr. SMH

jimkcchief88

All Star
So instead 4 seed with a home advantage matchup with the Hawks we just tumbled to a 6th seed and have to deal with MVP Giannis on the road. You hate to say one game changes a long season but that was a killer last night. Um um um. Gonna need some help now:(

jimkcchief88

All Star
Bullock/Barrett 13 points combined those two bums killed us last night gotta get a real knockdown shooter in the off-season. I hate to say but a white boy. No braids and fancy hairstyles just spends time in the gym shooting. Y?all see Tyler Hero in the first game of the double header. He?s knocking down shots. Get back in the gym RJ because the knock on you out of college still holds. Your jumper is broke. Shame number 3 overall pick and you can?t shoot.

mafra

Legend
So instead 4 seed with a home advantage matchup with the Hawks we just tumbled to a 6th seed and have to deal with MVP Giannis on the road. You hate to say one game changes a long season but that was a killer last night. Um um um. Gonna need some help now:(

Yeah, that was downright brutal. It stinks that 1 loss meant so much, in terms of post season... but it did.

And that?s why it burns so much, bc we had that win! And, when LAK sat LJ they mocked us...

So, not making LAK pay for the LJ move and the fact this was a win and turned into a loss and that is difference between 4 & 6 seed.

MIL is 10-0 vs the DIV!

We barely beat MIL when they sat their entire top 8 and Giannis?s brother nearly beat us.

We can win out, but we do play 3 playoff teams. We are 2-9 in games decided by 3 or less.

Great job in April and great road trip. It ensured we are a top 6 seed. Unfortunately, it looks like we finish 1 game out of where we needed to be.

4th seed. Play Hawks or Heat, then get PHI is a entirely different scenario than 6th seed and facing MIL.

Oh well. MIL will sweep us or blow us out in game 5 with series 3-1.

This doesn?t take away from what we achieve this season, but it does mean we will go quietly and won?t make much noise.

Good news: I would prefer this than losing to Heat or ATL... so at least we avoid that.

tiger0330

Legend
Bullock/Barrett 13 points combined those two bums killed us last night gotta get a real knockdown shooter in the off-season. I hate to say but a white boy. No braids and fancy hairstyles just spends time in the gym shooting. Y’all see Tyler Hero in the first game of the double header. He’s knocking down shots. Get back in the gym RJ because the knock on you out of college still holds. Your jumper is broke. Shame number 3 overall pick and you can’t shoot.
Worst time for IQ and to a lesser extent Burks to be injured. TNT crew said IQ practiced, I would have liked to see him try to play for his scoring yesterday.

Kiyaman

Legend
Worst time for IQ and to a lesser extent Burks to be injured. TNT crew said IQ practiced, I would have liked to see him try to play for his scoring yesterday.

Truth be said, if Obi Toppin would have receive 21 or 22 minute of playing-time instead of 19 min, the Knicks would have had a better chance of winning the game in regulation.
Thibs was in to much of a rush to put Randle back in the game, when the Knicks were playing well outscoring the Lakers to have a 10 pt lead with 7 min remaining in the 4th quarter. As soon as Randle came back into the game (4 min into 4th qtr). Frank hit a 3-ball to make the score 85-75 Knicks. Then Randle took over running the point on consistent one on one Hero-plays for himself and D.Rose. Four minute later the score was tied at 89-89.

Thibs has no confidence in a 10 man rotation, or a lineup without Randle or D.Rose.
And the only final second plays Thibs wrote up throughout the season in a time-out for the last-shot are Randle one on one plays.
Two NBA players (Randle/Rose) who offense were inconsistent, and defense was non-existent, before this 2020-21 season.

JasJ21

Rookie
Yeah, the tactical choices weren't the greatest ever made... Still, that proves that the current lineup isn't bad at all, since they managed to give some serious opposition.