TV
TIME
Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, WS
MSG
7:30 PM EST

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady, Thanks for the Game Thread.
Tonight game vs the Bucks may not be enjoyable for Knicks fans, especially if we keep playing the same way we started the season (Iso & 3's). Having no ball movement or player-movement set plays, shooting 30 to 36% FG, no effort on the defensive-end. We have to do better. The 9 man rotation is not working, we need the young Jericho Sims to play backup PF.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thibs is playing a 8 Man Rotation !!!
Half Time .. Knicks 46 - Bucks 56

Randle 20 min
Brunson 20 min
Hart 19 min
We shot as low as 29% from the FG in the 2nd quarter

Kiyaman

Legend
Down by 1 .. min left .. Brunson hit a 3 Ball .. Knicks up by TWO points .. minute n change left in game

mafra

Legend
MIl 20-39 from downtown. Knicks shot 10-39 from 3Land.

Knicks missed 6 FTs…. LillRd with 15 points in the 4th.

It’s amazing KNicks had a 103-101 lead.

Hart had 6 points. Randle 5-20 from the field. Robinson didn’t score. That’s your front court folks. You would think by accident Robinson would clean up a missed shot for a putback.

Brunson had 45 but when score was 104-103 MIL… he had an awful possession that resulted in ISO and a forced missed contested shot.

IQ only help off bench. Another game Grimes and IQ can’t carry load on offense.

Knicks needed RJ… 0-2 without him.

MIL showing why Giannis needed Dame. This was a loss if he didn’t bail them out offensively in the 4th.

Every other year Randle isn’t good. This is clearly the middle finger at crowd version of Julius.

mafra

Legend
Jalen Brunson has 5 career 40-point games with the Knicks, tying Walt Frazier and Stephon Marbury for the most by a point guard in Knicks history.

K-Perkins rips Randle for his ball/hogging play. Thibbs terse with his remarks afterwards about having to trust teammates and pass the ball when doubled inside.

Lose to Cavs and Bucks in close games while shooting ugly bricks reinforces what Thibbs is preaching: defend, rebound, don’t turn the ball over. You’ll have A chance to win every game if those are your 3 main focal points. Even with shooting woes. Just would help if Randle Trusts his teammates more.

More IQ/Grimes and pass MRob the rock for an alley-oop!

Most of you in this forum have been under the opinion that ‘All the needed was a PG!!’

To no surprise, I was not of the same opinion because that wasn’t the Knicks problem.

Well, they got a PG for what it worth and do they still have the same problems??
*Noted by those that post the same problems before the Knicks signed Brunson.
*Note that most of the sports commentator feel or see that the Knicks aren’t that good.

As I said over and over ‘PG was not the Knicks problem’ and it show with Brunson scoring 40 points.
It not Randle fault!!
It not Brunson fault!!
It not Grimes fault!!
It’s Dr. Frankenstein fault, you know the architects(Perry, Mills and now Rose)of the monster that we have to destroy. The Knicks problems are deep.
••EXAMPLE - What the Knicks coaching staff and management turn MRob into is shameful. No coaching and no vision.

Clean house… top to bottom… everybody got to go… including the ball boy… everyone!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Most of you in this forum have been under the opinion that ‘All the needed was a PG!!’

To no surprise, I was not of the same opinion because that wasn’t the Knicks problem.

Well, they got a PG for what it worth and do they still have the same problems??
*Noted by those that post the same problems before the Knicks signed Brunson.
*Note that most of the sports commentator feel or see that the Knicks aren’t that good.

As I said over and over ‘PG was not the Knicks problem’ and it show with Brunson scoring 40 points.
It not Randle fault!!
It not Brunson fault!!
It not Grimes fault!!
It’s Dr. Frankenstein fault, you know the architects(Perry, Mills and now Rose)of the monster that we have to destroy. The Knicks problems are deep.
••EXAMPLE - What the Knicks coaching staff and management turn MRob into is shameful. No coaching and no vision.

Clean house… top to bottom… everybody got to go… including the ball boy… everyone!!

What's up Dark .. The Knicks loss consecutive games bc their big super star RJ Barrett was out.
Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!

For real ....
The Knicks need a PG this season the same way the Dallas Mavs needed a PG throughout Brunson's final season contrat year with the Mavs. The Mavs had to trade KP for PG Dinwiddie to help Luka facilitate the ball to Mavs teammates to score too. The trade for PG-Dinwiddie worked well at getting the Mavs to the WCF.
What do you say bout a PG that played 42 minutes and only gave out 4 assist to his teammates in a losing game ???

The Knicks also need a new head coach that preach team-ball movement for 3 quarters of the game.
And ISO at the end of each quarter, instead of ISO on every offensive possession for 48 minutes for 3 straight seasons.
In the Knicks 6th game of the regular season coach Thibs played 8 players in the Knicks game rotation all game vs one of the East top contenders the Bucks.

Brunson scored 45 points in a losing game.
Chamberlain scored a 100 points in a losing game.
Allen Iverson entered the NBA letting everyone know he was not a PG.
PG Snow and SG Iverson tandem in the back court to take the 76ers to the FINALS.
Forcing Iverson to play the PG role destroyed his winning career.
The Knicks need a facilitating PG alongside Brunson on the court.

mafra

Legend
Brunson won HS title, 2 titles in college. He helped Mavs get to WCF (winning even without Luka). JB knocked Mitchell out of playoffs 2 years in a row. He helped bring Knicks to Game 6, close game, second round of playoffs last year.

Brunson is the 53rd highest paid player in NBA this season, behind Tyler Hero but 1 spot ahead of Cameron Johnson.

Are you seriously saying Brunson isn’t a winning player?

Kiyaman

Legend
Brunson won HS title, 2 titles in college. He helped Mavs get to WCF (winning even without Luka). JB knocked Mitchell out of playoffs 2 years in a row. He helped bring Knicks to Game 6, close game, second round of playoffs last year.

Brunson is the 53rd highest paid player in NBA this season, behind Tyler Hero but 1 spot ahead of Cameron Johnson.

Are you seriously saying Brunson isn’t a winning player?
No! Brunson's a winning guard, he's not a PG!
30 min only 3 assist, next game 42 min only 4 assist
Last season we won lots of games from Brunson's clutch shooting performance going down the stretch of the games, not Brunson playmaker performance.

The Knicks changed the offense for Brunson. WHY??
What has it proven for changing the offense?? Nothing!!
Same team… Same results!!
Do I like Brunson… not really… I never thought he was the answer to the Knicks problems. Maybe all of you DO but I don’t. And 45 points later says the same.

Stat’s are fine in their correct analogy but in the game of BB(not mention Real BB) there are characteristic(non-skilled attributes) that special players bring to the table. Some of you know what I’m talking about and most don’t. I say that because of your past and present post.

I have blamed the ones I see are responsible for this mess.

Agreed Kiya that Thib’s must go but so does Rose to the ball boy. Clean House!!

Kiyaman

Legend
What's up Dark, you know I been a long time trade Randle selfish performance.
Now, it look like Randle jumped on the no defense effort Carmelo Anthony band wagon.
But i remember the Dallas Mavs record before getting Luka, we trade Randle and Brunson will lead us to that record.
We do need a head coach that knows the difference between a PG and a scoring guard.
Tom Thibs have been 90% of the Knicks players problems.
Derrick Rose came out of college with all the skills/talent to be a high scoring combo-guard, and Brunson too.
Coach Rick Carlisle bought Brunson off the bench for 24 minutes of playing time when the team needed extra scoring for 3 seasons. Coach Jason Kidd put Brunson in the starter lineup to replace a season injury SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
Two winning experience NBA head coaches did not put Brunson at the PG position for four NBA seasons.
In 2008-9 rookie Derrick Rose & Luol Deng high scoring ISO performance kept rookie head coach Tom Thibs poor coaching performance his job on Chicago Bulls.
Head coach Tom Thibs have a career of giving ISO scorers 36 or more minutes of playing-time a game throughout a 82 game season the reason Thibs always had a 7 man rotation in the regular season.
Coach Thibs doesn't have the coaching skills to develop a young promising PG Deuce McBride, or PG Ryan Arcidiacono.

mafra

Legend
Eddie Johnson on NBA Radio said Randle is taking too many 3s…. But the biggest problem is PG, bc Brunson leads team in shots (20 shots a game and shooting 42%).

Randle leads team in assists and is their best rebounder. Is he getting ball in rights spots? Randle is a willing passer. Julius also averages more steals than RJ. More eyes and ire on Randle but JB and RJ need to improve to help Randle improve.

Last edited:
The Knicks have had no competition within the team for the last 4 to 5 years, WHY??

The way this team has been put together and constructed is one of the Main Problems. Start with drafting RJ and go to every position.

Look at how Thib’s coaches this team… He is always under the impression that his starting five is going to have a good night/game and should end the game on the floor. Nobody with an ounce of BB knowledge knows that isn’t the case. This has roots in the above statement about competition. Look at MRob!!

The offense changed with the signing of JB, WHY?? You doom the play(passing the ball once they cross half court and run to the corner and stay there)of those that was drafted at PG.

Mike Miller is the last coach that did any kind of good coaching for the Knicks.