Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Minnesota Timberwolves 8:00 pm 11/30/2016 [Game#18]

and1

Rotation player
I think Horn may roll with DRose and Jennings. They're smallish but Horn likes the two and the pace they play at.

that would be interesting to see those two actually start a game together. and who guards lavine? we've seen jennings apply some serious pressure on guards for significant stretches of time, but lavine may be just a little too athletic to sustain something like that. and who runs the point for the 2nd unit? i believe he used sasha during the preseason a couple of times while rose was away, if i remember correctly. maybe we see the baker? that would be interesting too. baking some cookies!
odds are pretty good we'll lose at least 1 of the next 3. i just don't see a 4 game winning streak from this team yet, even against a stretch of lottery teams. best we can hope for at this point in the season is to avoid losing streaks, keep them down to 1 at a time.

tiger0330

Legend
Advanced Box score from last nights game.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 15

tiger0330

Legend
that would be interesting to see those two actually start a game together. and who guards lavine? we've seen jennings apply some serious pressure on guards for significant stretches of time, but lavine may be just a little too athletic to sustain something like that. and who runs the point for the 2nd unit? i believe he used sasha during the preseason a couple of times while rose was away, if i remember correctly. maybe we see the baker? that would be interesting too. baking some cookies!
odds are pretty good we'll lose at least 1 of the next 3. i just don't see a 4 game winning streak from this team yet, even against a stretch of lottery teams. best we can hope for at this point in the season is to avoid losing streaks, keep them down to 1 at a time.
I think they can put together a streak if Melo can snap out of his shooting slump. In the mean time, according to Alan Hahn he watched some film and he's taking the ISO Melo criticism seriously because he didn't take a shot until 10 mins into the game yesterday, maybe we see more team play from him until he snaps out of this slump.

and1

Rotation player
tiger0330, hopefully he does snap out of it soon, and this form of team-play-melo can definitely help us go on a streak. unfortunately i just spent the last 10 minutes listening to hahn and humpty talk about how melo was "pouting" at the start of the game by not shooting. i'll tell you, if i was a marquee NBA baller i would not want to come to ny. these people are never happy with anything. you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. i feel sorry for kp. when melo retires and if things go bad for the knicks for a stretch for whatever reason, they're going to turn quick and hard on this guy. hopefully they'll build a good enough team around him so that can be avoided as much as possible.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 48 minute game we just watch showed the performance of two poor Lottery Teams, both teams had no defensive/offensive coaching plan throughout the game .. with 24 second left in the game the score were tied at 104-104 .. And the player who been shooting 25% from the FG the last 3 games (15-58) takes the final shot.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
tiger0330, hopefully he does snap out of it soon, and this form of team-play-melo can definitely help us go on a streak. unfortunately i just spent the last 10 minutes listening to hahn and humpty talk about how melo was "pouting" at the start of the game by not shooting. i'll tell you, if i was a marquee NBA baller i would not want to come to ny. these people are never happy with anything. you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. i feel sorry for kp. when melo retires and if things go bad for the knicks for a stretch for whatever reason, they're going to turn quick and hard on this guy. hopefully they'll build a good enough team around him so that can be avoided as much as possible.

I understand completely what Hahn was talking about . Melo isn't an immature 26 yr old, he should know how to play within a system by now.

For him to go to the extreme by not shooting even if he has an open shot is a little childish.

When he grows up this team could be much better that what we have been watching.

I'm hoping he has an injury so it would explain why he's laboring on the court and forcing plays that's not there.

He's a vet , he should think and play smarter than that !