Game thread: New York Knicks @ Phoenix Suns 9:00 1/3/2020 [Game #35]

Saw where Dolan was at the game last night with Mills/Perry... 5 rows behind the Knicks bench. If we are afraid of Mills/Perry making bad draft choices if we trade back then we shouldn't be letting them make deal of any kind. Most in here an other forum often wonder what is going on in Dolan head. Well I for would have love to been in his present after the game. Let pray that he either fires them both and not let them make any trades. Then fire both at the end of the year.
As for Miller I gave him kudos for the Sun games. But he is like Mrs. O'leary cow, he give a bucket of milk then turn around and kick it over. How does Dotson not get off the bench? How does Trier not get off the bench? Those are two of our best(to me) bench players but neither see the court. You play Ellington instead of Dotson? Does Miller know how to manage his players when it comes to minutes? Is the 4th quarter tight game a problem for him? Does he need a big lead(most coaches want them) to manage players and minutes in the 4th quarter? Why didn't he play Knox more? When he recognize that he had the wrong players out there in the 4th it to late. The momentum had turn on him. One last thing is that the Knicks are better team when they take the ball to the basket. Why in the 4th did they shot all those 3's? Most of you know that I'm not a fan of the 3 pt shot. When you need a basket take the ball to the hole. They need to stop trying to be something that they aren't and that is a good 3 pt shooting team.

Do we really need to be trying to win games? My answer is NO!! This team isn't built for a playoff run less along a deep playoff run. So let try to get KAT but if not let start trying to get players that are hungry. One player that may be out of reach now is Micheal Porter Jr. This kid IMO would help us with our development. I would like to know what the Nuggets want for him.

mafra

Legend
Still shocked we took Knox over Porter... We were years away... like PHI taking the injured Embiid, NYK should?ve taken MP and stashed him.

Oh well.

DEN ain?t trading Porter for a package we?ll be willing to send to them.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, that Portis play and those lucky Rubio plays (like the one where MRob block shot and guy on 3-point line catches it and drains a 3).... along with 2 silly EP turnovers, the ugly RJ 2:1 break.... this was the turning point.

Then, it boiled down to the fact the they made shots late and we didn’t.

Our bench out scored their 47-9.... but Booker and Oubre outscored our 5 starters.

As for Miller, I agree with this: “If you’re wondering why the Knicks’ best perimeter defender played 16 minutes in a game when the opponent’s premier perimeter player was scorching hot, get in line.”

PHO trades for Oubre last year.... WIZ sent him there for 43 games of Trevor Ariza. This is the sort of deal we need to make this season.

I had put Oubre on my FA list to be our starter SF last year, then had to take Oubre name off the list when the Wiz traded Oubre to the Suns for Ariza.
I did not see Oubre signing on to a 3rd Lottery team, after Wiz and Suns.

The Knicks big weakness are ..
Randle being the first option on offense, plus the leader of the starter unit taking more than 10 shots per game has been a bad recipe for the starter-unit. So far Randle's 35 minute performance has not been complimenting his teammates performance on offense or defense.
Tonight, Randle bringing the ball up-court the majority of the first half, and the start of the 2nd half were the main reason the Suns kept outscoring the Knicks when Randle were on the court. Especially the first 2 minute of the 2nd half the Suns went on a 10-0 run to tie game.
Coach Miller taking the 2nd unit bench lineup out the game to replace them for the starter-lineup after 3 minute into the 4th quarter having a 93-91 Knick lead .. Giving the Knicks starter lineup a decent 9 minutes to stretch the Knicks 2 pt lead. It didn't happen the starter lineup broke down quick playing even b.ball until the suns took a 5 pt lead, forcing Miller to keep substituting Portis for MitchRob, when MitchRob (inside game) & Portis (perimeter game) should've been tandem in the final 5 minute of the game to give the Knicks a winning chance.
Bullock played sloppy b.ball in the first half, which gave Miller the reason to put Dotson defensive presence in the rotation in the 2nd half.
I guess coach Miller was tense from having Dolan sitting in back of him last night !!!

Still shocked we took Knox over Porter... We were years away... like PHI taking the injured Embiid, NYK should?ve taken MP and stashed him.

Oh well.

DEN ain?t trading Porter for a package we?ll be willing to send to them.

Agreed. The window to trade for Porter has closed.

Kiyaman

Legend
Saw where Dolan was at the game last night with Mills/Perry... 5 rows behind the Knicks bench. If we are afraid of Mills/Perry making bad draft choices if we trade back then we shouldn't be letting them make deal of any kind. Most in here an other forum often wonder what is going on in Dolan head. Well I for would have love to been in his present after the game. Let pray that he either fires them both and not let them make any trades. Then fire both at the end of the year.
As for Miller I gave him kudos for the Sun games. But he is like Mrs. O'leary cow, he give a bucket of milk then turn around and kick it over. How does Dotson not get off the bench? How does Trier not get off the bench? Those are two of our best(to me) bench players but neither see the court. You play Ellington instead of Dotson? Does Miller know how to manage his players when it comes to minutes? Is the 4th quarter tight game a problem for him? Does he need a big lead(most coaches want them) to manage players and minutes in the 4th quarter? Why didn't he play Knox more? When he recognize that he had the wrong players out there in the 4th it to late. The momentum had turn on him. One last thing is that the Knicks are better team when they take the ball to the basket. Why in the 4th did they shot all those 3's? Most of you know that I'm not a fan of the 3 pt shot. When you need a basket take the ball to the hole. They need to stop trying to be something that they aren't and that is a good 3 pt shooting team.

Do we really need to be trying to win games? My answer is NO!! This team isn't built for a playoff run less along a deep playoff run. So let try to get KAT but if not let start trying to get players that are hungry. One player that may be out of reach now is Micheal Porter Jr. This kid IMO would help us with our development. I would like to know what the Nuggets want for him.

Yes, coach Miller did a Fizdale experimental rotation last night vs the Suns.
Coach Miller are supposed to stick to developing 2 lineups out of a 10 man rotation.
I understand Bullock is healthy, and could use some playing-time.
Dotson put in some good minutes in the 3 game win streak there were no reason to take Dotson out of the rotation, especially on a 4 game road trip.

So far interim coach Miller has prove ....
Last season Knicks coaching staff were inferior to the Westchester GLeague coaching-staff.
The Knicks young-core development performance last season turned out to be a 82 game disaster, having 17 wins.
The Knicks program has been terrible for the growth of young players, when u read KP's comment on his 4 years as a Knick .. And the Knicks organization treated KP like a franchise star player. But the Knicks didn't have a well coaching development plan for any of the players, plus the change of head-coaches didn't help, so after the 31 win season KP refuse to attend the Knicks last game meeting, plus demanded to be traded in his 4th season.

Recall .. the Knicks has been one of the Top-3 worst B.ball team programs in the NBA for their vets and young-core players.
Plus the Knicks has been one of the top-3 NBA teams having the worst defense the past 6 seasons.
The Knicks past few years having Iso-Melo, then Iso-Fizdale running the offense without any DEFENSE became unwatchable.
I would not recommend the Knicks sorry organization, and clueless coaching-staff to any first-round draft pick.

Why would you want to ruin a rookie career by having our knuckle-head Knicks organization draft him?
Jason Kidd's Old-Timers showed the Knicks organization what the team need to play above .500 b.ball, and how to develop rookies into star role-players.