Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets 7:30 pm 3/16/2017 [Game#69]

With this loss, we take sole ownership of the 6th worst record in the NBA and the 6th most losses in the NBA.

tiger0330

Legend
That was a weird stat. The Nets had a 33 game road losing streak against EC opponents until tonight. They haven't won a game on the road since Jan 2016 against an EC team.

That was a weird stat. The Nets had a 33 game road losing streak against EC opponents until tonight. They haven't won a game on the road since Jan 2016 against an EC team.

Even when you're the worst team in the league, that's a real long time to go without winning a road game in your own conference

and1

Rotation player
state of the art, ground breaking tank technology. lose to brooklyn twice in one week. and that triangle D. man, you know cats are fearing that triangle D. and you know FAs are just lining up for their chance to come here and play that triangle offense. it'll be like a dream come true! especially when they know that their president of operations phil action jackson on any given day and completely out of the blue will start talking smack about their game and go all-out public with it, throwing them under the bus for everyone to see. oh yeah, phil is the man!

Kiyaman

Legend
Did the Brooklyn Nets trade their 2017 first round pick to Boston without any protection of it being 1 to 3 ???

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Did the Brooklyn Nets trade their 2017 first round pick to Boston without any protection of it being 1 to 3 ???
Such awful trades they've made. I think Boston has a pick of the Nets' next year too. Might be conditional, I don't know, still great though, for them. Does Boston have a lot of cap space too? At least we're not in the Nets situation, as far as picks goes.

paris401

Starter

when the commie... I mean the Russian bought the nets, he wanted 'instant gratification' (don't we all)... and billy king his gm ... their phil Jackson made the trade for piece and garnett and gave boston a bunch of picks... last years #1, the option to swap 1st rounders this year (unprotected) and they get the nets #1 next year tooo...

in the nets case I'm not sure if u blame billy king as the Russian was def hands on.... in the knicks case, I place all the blame on the zen-master, as I think dolan has been hands off .. maybe he should have kept his nose in it... could he have done worse the phil...

The real killer about that 2013 Nets and Celtics trade was that the season before the Nets made that trade they had a 49 - 33 record and lost in 7 games in the 1st round of the playoffs to the Bulls. That team was led by Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, and Brook Lopez with a bunch of mostly role players otherwise. The Celtics, who they were supposed to be "pilfering", were only 41 - 40 with Garnett, Pierce, and Jason Terry.

After the Nets made that trade in the Summer of 2013 to get Garnett, Pierce, and Terry, the Nets went only 44 - 38 and although they made the Eastern conference semifinals, they got their heads handed to them in that round by a much better Miami Heat team. After that season, Paul Pierce signed with the Washington Wizards and during the next season, Kevin Garnett was traded to Minnesota.

So, in summary, the Nets traded THREE unprotected 1st round picks and the right to swap 1st round picks in a 4th season (which happens to be this season when the Nets are the worst team in basketball), to basically get one season where they weren't even as good during the regular season as they were the season before AND were doomed to get squashed in the playoffs by the Miami Heat led by Lebron regardless of who they had.

Carmelo Anthony trade was bad. But man, that Nets trade might be the worst one in sports history.

Kiyaman

Legend
when the commie... I mean the Russian bought the nets, he wanted 'instant gratification' (don't we all)... and billy king his gm ... their phil Jackson made the trade for piece and garnett and gave boston a bunch of picks... last years #1, the option to swap 1st rounders this year (unprotected) and they get the nets #1 next year tooo...

in the nets case I'm not sure if u blame billy king as the Russian was def hands on.... in the knicks case, I place all the blame on the zen-master, as I think dolan has been hands off .. maybe he should have kept his nose in it... could he have done worse the phil...

Billy King gets 100% BLAME!
I understand instant gratification of having top name players to open the first season in a new Barkley arena in Brooklyn but not at the cost of the franchise future .. Garnett and Pierce were not future players the two Boston Celtics star-players without Rondo almost got swept in the first round of the playoff by the Knicks old-timer roster.

Phil Jackson gets 100% BLAME .. for 3 season of Knicks LOSSES .. Phil took a high paying job where the owner Dolan only hired Phil to do one thing to resign a walking Iso-Melo who wanted to take lesser pay to play for a playoff team ...At $12M per what 70 year old man wouldnt take that deal, especially when Dolan are offering Phil and Melo a 3 year advance in pay SMH

tiger0330

Legend
The real killer about that 2013 Nets and Celtics trade was that the season before the Nets made that trade they had a 49 - 33 record and lost in 7 games in the 1st round of the playoffs to the Bulls. That team was led by Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, and Brook Lopez with a bunch of mostly role players otherwise. The Celtics, who they were supposed to be "pilfering", were only 41 - 40 with Garnett, Pierce, and Jason Terry.

After the Nets made that trade in the Summer of 2013 to get Garnett, Pierce, and Terry, the Nets went only 44 - 38 and although they made the Eastern conference semifinals, they got their heads handed to them in that round by a much better Miami Heat team. After that season, Paul Pierce signed with the Washington Wizards and during the next season, Kevin Garnett was traded to Minnesota.

So, in summary, the Nets traded THREE unprotected 1st round picks and the right to swap 1st round picks in a 4th season (which happens to be this season when the Nets are the worst team in basketball), to basically get one season where they weren't even as good during the regular season as they were the season before AND were doomed to get squashed in the playoffs by the Miami Heat led by Lebron regardless of who they had.

Carmelo Anthony trade was bad. But man, that Nets trade might be the worst one in sports history.
Great deal for the Celts and Danny Ainge. One of the best teams in the NBA and they possibly could get the number one pick who is going to wind up to be Fultz or Ball and they already have IT.

Ainge has been patient but he's almost got too many assets now, even has that kid Jackson down in the Dleague he's paying 5.5M/4yr deal to and he also stashed a 1st rd pick in China this year. I thought he should have done something bold like trade for Cousins who would have been a better fit with the Celts than the Pels but you can't argue with what he's doing by using the Sixers Hinke's Process without the losing.

paris401

Starter
kiyaman... cant agree with ya on billy king... the Russian wanted to win immed... ainge saw he was foaming at the mouth and fleeced him royally ... with the Russian's you do as u are told ...or else..

as to phil.. I do believe that dolan agreed that he would be hands off, and I think he kept that promise... so here I agree with ya... its all on phil....