Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers 7:30 pm 3/14/2017 [Game#68]

and1

Rotation player
nope. looks like we'll actually win this one.
how many games exactly did vegas predict?

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'll be damned Melo got it going and the defense clamped down for a win:) sorry to disappoint the tank family but anytime the Knicks beat the Pacers it's a good day in Knicks nation:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Can't lose every game. They defended better but Pacers had an off night. Melo was a flame thrower the 2nd half.

Just watched the highlights and Melo was that for sure scoring 15 in the 4th after KP6 went out of the game. It's a coaching failure that KP6/Melo aren't effective on the floor together, but I'll take the win just the same.

Kiyaman

Legend
Just watched the highlights and Melo was that for sure scoring 15 in the 4th after KP6 went out of the game. It's a coaching failure that KP6/Melo aren't effective on the floor together, but I'll take the win just the same.

Just watch the highlights too .. the Melo n KP tandem on the court were awful and gave the Pacers their 13 pt lead plus help the Pacers keep the lead .. KP without Melo in the lineup had the Knicks playing winning ball and reverse Melo without KP in the lineup won the game ...it look like coach Horn cant get Melo n KP to mix it up together on offense nor defense.

Big Props go out to our 50% or better FG shooting rookie (HGM) Willie for man handling the paint for 16 rebounds, handing out 4 assist to teammates plus mixing well when tandem with Melo in the front-court then did well tandem with KP .. Willie gave us the performance we expected to receive from Joakim Noah each game.
I still believe we would have had a strong winning Knicks season if we had tandem Quinn n Willie to be our energy 2nd unit lineup with Jennings leading the point.

I'm glad we won the game, but, the TRUTH is we are coached to TANK the season, and beating the Pacers show the Knicks should've won their last 2 games, against the Nets and Pistons too.......ESPECIALLY the scrub Nets.....I mean REALLY!!!!!

Worth noting that with us idle last night (Wednesday night), the results of last night's games have left us in a three-way tie for the 6th worst record in the NBA and the 6th most losses in the NBA.

As a side note, it's amazing that 2 of the other 7 teams that are in the bottom 8 don't even have their 1st round picks (Brooklyn and New Orleans). New Orleans literally just traded their 2017 1st round pick away to get Cousins and unless they manage to get it into protected territory by getting a top 3 pick, they lose it to the Kings, another team in the bottom 8.

So much talk of tanking recently, here's some hardcore tanking. With 16 games left to go in the season, the Suns are reportedly shutting down 27-year-old Eric Bledsoe with "knee soreness". Bledsoe is averaging 21 points, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds this year.

Tanking isn't being a bad team that plays bad and loses. Tanking is shutting down your star player with almost a month left in the season with a minor injury that he probably doesn't even have.

Broadway

All Star
So much talk of tanking recently, here's some hardcore tanking. With 16 games left to go in the season, the Suns are reportedly shutting down 27-year-old Eric Bledsoe with "knee soreness". Bledsoe is averaging 21 points, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds this year.

Tanking isn't being a bad team that plays bad and loses. Tanking is shutting down your star player with almost a month left in the season with a minor injury that he probably doesn't even have.

Yeah as I said some teams clearly aren't interested in winning this time of yr, this is laughable. I mean it's one thing to be cautious of players potentially injuring themselves with little to play for but a complete shut down is ludicrous. Like how about cutting back his minutes, give him a day off here and there...lol

Philly and Phoenix executed this to perfection for 2016-2017. I expect the Magic and Pelicans to follow suit shortly

and1

Rotation player
i wonder if class action law suits can be filed by the fans who pay to go watch these garbage products? can they get SOME of their money back? i was wondering the same thing about the warriors sitting their 3 remaining star players for that game, i think it was against the spurs? that little byotch kerr had so many excuses, including the 'rest' excuse. but we all know what the truth is. he knew they were going to lose and he didn't want them to be embarrassed on national TV. he even did some complaining about the schedule. awwwww, poor widdle kerr was upset about the same kind of schedule that ALL OTHER TEAMS HAVE TO DEAL WITH, so he decides to take it out on the fans who cough up their hard earned money so their kids can go watch their favorite players live in action only to be disappointed and probably have their entire week ruined. what a little byotch. all of this nonsense is exactly the kind of crap that turned me off to professional sports in general about a decade ago. i'm getting the feeling it's about to happen again haha.