Game thread: New York Knicks vs New Orleans Pelicans 2/27/2024 7:30pm [Game #59]

rady

Administrator
Staff member

gt.png

NOP.gif
at.png
NYK.gif

(34-24) -- (35-23)

Venue
TV
TIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
MSG
7:30 PM EST

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 47 - Pelicans 48

A first half without Brunson & McCollum ..
Pelicans playing a 8 man rotation, and HC Thibs playing only 7 players in his rotation (Not a contender HC!).
Josh Hart is the Man tonight .. Hart have to show the Pelicans all the reasons why they shouldn't have traded him.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Pelicans 9 man rotation outscored HC Thibs 7 man rotation 115-92
The final 4th quarter 41-25 says the 7 Knicks players said this is Brunson & IHart quarter lol
Why aren't we looking to replace HC Thibs? Four of our starters are injured.
Last season is the best we gonna get out of HC Thibs.

And Divo, Burks, Bogs talent does not come close to matching up to the winning level of RJ Barrett, Quickley, and Grimes.
Yes! without Brunson & Randle ball-hogging 50 shot attempts, Barrett, Quickley, and Grimes would've found away to get a Knicks win tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
The NO Pelicans left NY and landed in Indiana Pacers territory.
The Pacers know Pelicans are on the end of a back to back and the Pacers started running and scoring in seven seconds to get a 40-24 point lead at the end of the first quarter.
The Pelicans SG McCollum didn't play against us last night, but playing tonite vs the Pacers in their back to back.
It would've been a bright coach move if Brunson rested for the game against the bottom team (8-49 Pistons), when we had a game against a .500 Pelicans team tomorrow in MSG. The crowd & the team needed Brunson scoring vs Pelicans.

Even though I still dislike the moves the Knicks Owner, GM, HC, and players make, maybe it's because I been a Knicks fan before any of them was born. So I will mention some things Knicks Fans wont like.
HC Thibs will not take us better than last season.
Leon Rose need to start searching for a contender HC that wont have 4 starters out with serious injuries.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
The NO Pelicans left NY and landed in Indiana Pacers territory.
The Pacers know Pelicans are on the end of a back to back and the Pacers started running and scoring in seven seconds to get a 40-24 point lead at the end of the first quarter.
The Pelicans SG McCollum didn't play against us last night, but playing tonite vs the Pacers in their back to back.
It would've been a bright coach move if Brunson rested for the game against the bottom team (8-49 Pistons), when we had a game against a .500 Pelicans team tomorrow in MSG. The crowd & the team needed Brunson scoring vs Pelicans.

Even though I still dislike the moves the Knicks Owner, GM, HC, and players make, maybe it's because I been a Knicks fan before any of them was born. So I will mention some things Knicks Fans wont like.
HC Thibs will not take us better than last season.
Leon Rose need to start searching for a contender HC that wont have 4 starters out with serious injuries.
Hiya Kia, Sometimes i don't really get you, for sure you have a lot of experience in basketball and in the Knicks as a long time fan... but sometimes I feel that you are a pessimist, sometimes not, can't make up my mind (which is not very important, I know)..... my point is, you used to hate RJ so much, and now the minute he is out you advocate for him as he is your best player. also you for Quick and QG where i think they are too erratic to be compared to others, for me I will take Bogdan and Burcs experience over QG any time of the day.
Also about Thibs, he might have his issues sometimes, but overall he is a great coach who turned the culture of this team, now the Knicks are respected all over the league, and all of the team fights till death when they are on the floor. we didn't have this scrappy fighter culture since Ewing, Oakley, Mason and Starks..... and if you think about it, we did that with a bunch of nobodies.... we don't have a cluster of superstars playing for our team, we home grown our players.....which is a rare thing in todays player/money centric league...... the trades that Leon did gave us a great depth.... an example of that depth, is that we are playing without 3 or 4 starters, and we are still fighting all game long, and you even don't have the feeling that this is a sure loss due to missing 4 of your 5 starters...... we changed many coaches and FO members in the last 20 years, can you say we had any better than Thibs and rose?

Hiya Kia, Sometimes i don't really get you, for sure you have a lot of experience in basketball and in the Knicks as a long time fan... but sometimes I feel that you are a pessimist, sometimes not, can't make up my mind (which is not very important, I know)..... my point is, you used to hate RJ so much, and now the minute he is out you advocate for him as he is your best player. also you for Quick and QG where i think they are too erratic to be compared to others, for me I will take Bogdan and Burcs experience over QG any time of the day.
Also about Thibs, he might have his issues sometimes, but overall he is a great coach who turned the culture of this team, now the Knicks are respected all over the league, and all of the team fights till death when they are on the floor. we didn't have this scrappy fighter culture since Ewing, Oakley, Mason and Starks..... and if you think about it, we did that with a bunch of nobodies.... we don't have a cluster of superstars playing for our team, we home grown our players.....which is a rare thing in todays player/money centric league...... the trades that Leon did gave us a great depth.... an example of that depth, is that we are playing without 3 or 4 starters, and we are still fighting all game long, and you even don't have the feeling that this is a sure loss due to missing 4 of your 5 starters...... we changed many coaches and FO members in the last 20 years, can you say we had any better than Thibs and rose?
Hey dragon, I just like Kiya have been a Knicks fan before all of the F.O. and the coaches. So I see almost all of the things he sees.
I also see what you see in your assessment of RJ by Kiya.
Question to you: What homegrown player or players do we have on the Knicks? Outside of MRob and he isn’t(IMO) a success story because of his process as a player.
What has Rose and Thib’s did to make the Knicks better?? The best coaching was done by Mike Miller not Thibs. Rose signs a 150 million PG that you have to change the offense scheme in order for him to fit. Wouldn’t it have been simpler just to change the offense scheme and see what PG on the team ran the offense the best?

I agree with your assessment of taking Burks and Bogdan over QG, IQ and RJ. Now know this Leon Rose isn’t smart enough to make the OG trade. Truth me this was done by a smart knowledgeable person or persons.

Two the best things that could have happened to the franchise was last year Scott Perry leaving and the trade of RJ( on my Birthday). This team can now breathe. There still challenges with Thib’s and Rose but hope they will be gone soon. Let hope that the BB people stay to get a H.C. and President.

Kiyaman

Legend
Everyone's right .. Recall in the 2023 offseason sports writers kept mentioning the Knicks are a piece away from being a contender team.
And Dark, last year this time I told u "I cant get on Barrett any longer because Barrett's scoring became a important part of our rotation.
Having Brunson/Randle top scoring in starter lineup, and Quickley and Barrett scoring in the bench lineup the Knicks made it to the 2nd round of the playoff .. without any ball-movement and player-movement just iso-scoring, bullyball-scoring, and 3-ball shooting.
Yes, we needed OG Anunoby's creative-style on offense/defense in our starter lineup last season. so we didn't have to depend on Mitch & Grimes taking care of the defensive end.
We did have three defensive players coming off the bench in our rotation in Quickley/Hart/and Hartenstein.

As for Tom Thibs turning the Knicks around?
The improvement to the Knicks .. Big credit goes to Mike Miller showing Randle how to lace up his sneakers to become a all-star throughout the long covid 19 offseason.
Plus Leon Rose was bright by hiring two ex-HC in Thibs & Woodson.
And Mike Woodson 10 man rotation along with veteran leadership from Derrick Rose & Taj Gibson getting two rookies performance to feel the holes in the rotation won Thibs the COY.

Wsup Dragon .. I got pissed at the Knicks organization when they traded Clyde to the Cavs. I almost became a ABA Nets fan. I understand the NBA is a business .. I also understand we been doing well as winning team having
23 yr old Obi Toppin
23 yr old RJ Barrett
23 yr old Quickley
23 yr old Grimes.
When Mitch is healthy to comeback this season he will have 4 knew players in the rotation, and 4 missing teammates.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Hey dragon, I just like Kiya have been a Knicks fan before all of the F.O. and the coaches. So I see almost all of the things he sees.
I also see what you see in your assessment of RJ by Kiya.
Question to you: What homegrown player or players do we have on the Knicks? Outside of MRob and he isn’t(IMO) a success story because of his process as a player.
What has Rose and Thib’s did to make the Knicks better?? The best coaching was done by Mike Miller not Thibs. Rose signs a 150 million PG that you have to change the offense scheme in order for him to fit. Wouldn’t it have been simpler just to change the offense scheme and see what PG on the team ran the offense the best?

I agree with your assessment of taking Burks and Bogdan over QG, IQ and RJ. Now know this Leon Rose isn’t smart enough to make the OG trade. Truth me this was done by a smart knowledgeable person or persons.

Two the best things that could have happened to the franchise was last year Scott Perry leaving and the trade of RJ( on my Birthday). This team can now breathe. There still challenges with Thib’s and Rose but hope they will be gone soon. Let hope that the BB people stay to get a H.C. and President.
I agree with some, not so much with others.... I like RJ, I like the players who fight and give their all on the floor, but I think he was a bad fit for us...
as for the FO and Thibs, I credit them for changing the culture and creating the tough knicks we see this season.... for me it is a working formula.... I don't want run and gun coaches or jack up threes coaches.... but maybe i am still trying to live in the 90s era....

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Everyone's right .. Recall in the 2023 offseason sports writers kept mentioning the Knicks are a piece away from being a contender team.
And Dark, last year this time I told u "I cant get on Barrett any longer because Barrett's scoring became a important part of our rotation.
Having Brunson/Randle top scoring in starter lineup, and Quickley and Barrett scoring in the bench lineup the Knicks made it to the 2nd round of the playoff .. without any ball-movement and player-movement just iso-scoring, bullyball-scoring, and 3-ball shooting.
Yes, we needed OG Anunoby's creative-style on offense/defense in our starter lineup last season. so we didn't have to depend on Mitch & Grimes taking care of the defensive end.
We did have three defensive players coming off the bench in our rotation in Quickley/Hart/and Hartenstein.

As for Tom Thibs turning the Knicks around?
The improvement to the Knicks .. Big credit goes to Mike Miller showing Randle how to lace up his sneakers to become a all-star throughout the long covid 19 offseason.
Plus Leon Rose was bright by hiring two ex-HC in Thibs & Woodson.
And Mike Woodson 10 man rotation along with veteran leadership from Derrick Rose & Taj Gibson getting two rookies performance to feel the holes in the rotation won Thibs the COY.

Wsup Dragon .. I got pissed at the Knicks organization when they traded Clyde to the Cavs. I almost became a ABA Nets fan. I understand the NBA is a business .. I also understand we been doing well as winning team having
23 yr old Obi Toppin
23 yr old RJ Barrett
23 yr old Quickley
23 yr old Grimes.
When Mitch is healthy to comeback this season he will have 4 knew players in the rotation, and 4 missing teammates.
Clyde to the Cavs, Ewing to the Sonics, it was disgrace to see Ewing in another jersey........I still can't get over it..... they should make it up for him somehow..... a statue maybe?
It will be fun to see the team with everybody healthy, i can see them creating noise in the east..... East Finals?