Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Orlando Magic 7:30pm 2/26/2016

mafra

Legend
Melo with a near triple double again. KP not getting double digit rebounds tho... Melo and KP 0-6 from 3.

It wasn't perfect, but it was a solid win tonight against a team that similarly started the season well and then fell apart. We have 22 games left to play this season. If we can play 0.500 ball from here on out, we'll finish the season with 36 wins, which is about what a lot of people projected (my guess was 35 wins before the season started). This season has become a disaster, but we can at least stay out of the bottom feeders from here on out.

mafra

Legend
14-7 or 15-6 would really show us something... Get as close to 40 as possible. What did we finish that 1 year with Woodson? We started out like 18-4.... Then was terrible... Then finished strong.

14-7 or 15-6 would really show us something... Get as close to 40 as possible. What did we finish that 1 year with Woodson? We started out like 18-4.... Then was terrible... Then finished strong.

That would be great, but I don't think this team has it in them. Even going 11 - 11 from here on out might be a stretch. Still, if this team can run off a win streak to make a run at 0.500, you won't hear me complaining about it.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
That would be great, but I don't think this team has it in them. Even going 11 - 11 from here on out might be a stretch. Still, if this team can run off a win streak to make a run at 0.500, you won't hear me complaining about it.
I think this team has it, I don't even know exactly how they lost it. Part of it was Fisher messing up things with Rolo.

Broadway

All Star

We don't but we need to see effort and competitive play each night. Our schedule is too tough down the stretch.

We don't but we need to see effort and competitive play each night. Our schedule is too tough down the stretch.

I think we only play something like 7 games against below 0.500 teams in our last 22 games, so wins will be hard to come by, but yeah, no excuse if the effort is not there.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think we only play something like 7 games against below 0.500 teams in our last 22 games, so wins will be hard to come by, but yeah, no excuse if the effort is not there.

Yep, our schedule will be tougher down the 22 game stretch .. Im not taking anything from last night win, but the Magic were at the end of a 3 games in 4 nights. Plus tired from getting whipped the night before from the famous SSOL GS Warriors. Rambis speeding up our tempo last night to take 93 shots rather than our usual 80 shots per game beat a 25-32 record Magic team. I liked the switch in tandem guards to keep the tempo going in Calderon n Gallo, then Grant n Afflalo, and to match the scoring in the 4th qtr. with a double digit lead using Grant n Gallo was perfect for the win.

Mafra got it right 100% ...
mafra
All 5 starters in double figures... Has to be first time this season that's occurred.

If Fisher would have stuck with the 2 unit system a month or two longer our starters would have had time to gell where the end of February would not have been the first time all starters had double digit points in a game.