Game thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 12/25/2022 12:00pm [Game #34]

Playa2

Benchwarmer
I thought Hunt showed enough during SL to give him an honest look. Think of J-Lin, bc unless they get an actually shot in the game… you’ll never know.

IH can pass but that’s about it. Shooting is meh and his rebounding sub-par. Plus, he takes minutes away from Sims. Thibbs was playing him at the 4 today.

Mitch has no offensive game. Plus, they never pass it to him. There’s no flow or design to the offense. ISO down the stretch… they don’t want a big in the. Idle bc they want Randle or RJ to ISO from top and have room to drive. Just dumb. They are so careless with the ball… they don’t see pressure soon enough.
Playing 4 on 5 is mediocre basketball

Kiyaman

Legend
Back to back possessions, RJ then Randle dribble ball off their feet. 4th Q offense has been awful during this 3 game losing streak. Taking ball out of JB’s hands hasn’t been good. When they lose to Mavs, streak will be 4L in a row.

We’ve been saying it all year… this is simple a meh team. 35-40 win squad. I’m pulling for 33, Leon pulling for 38… I prefer lottery, but Knicks prefer getting swept by 1-3 seed in first round.

At least PHI pulled away and spared us having refs award Embiid 30 FT attempts.

Mafra .. The 8 game winning streak fooled me big-time had me believing we could win games consistently having a 9 man rotation. I was dead wrong!
The talent/skills on the Knicks roster .. calls for a 10 man rotation for success in the regular season games. Tired players in the 4th quarter don't win games!
Back-up PG Deuce McBride played 6 minutes on Christmas day ..
Thibs are killing the PG (Jalen Brunson) we waited two decades to get in a half of a season.
Each game this season Thibs are giving Brunson uncalled for playing time minutes, which will lead to Brunson getting injured before the midseason games.
Brunson talent/skills are a winning playmaker closer for 27 to 30 minutes a game.
Forcing Brunson to play 37 to 40 minutes each night, when we have D.Rose and McBride should be a NBA felony to get Thibs Fired asap

The 76ers Doc Rivers let us Knicks have our way the first three quarters of the game keeping our Knicks lead under double digits for 3 qtr.
In the 4th quarter the 76ers shut down our offense and squeeze pass our defense for stretches throughout the final quarter with ease, letting us Knicks only score 16 points in the final quarter of the Christmas game.

Kiyaman

Legend
I thought Hunt showed enough during SL to give him an honest look. Think of J-Lin, bc unless they get an actually shot in the game… you’ll never know.

IH can pass but that’s about it. Shooting is meh and his rebounding sub-par. Plus, he takes minutes away from Sims. Thibbs was playing him at the 4 today.

Mitch has no offensive game. Plus, they never pass it to him. There’s no flow or design to the offense. ISO down the stretch… they don’t want a big in the. Idle bc they want Randle or RJ to ISO from top and have room to drive. Just dumb. They are so careless with the ball… they don’t see pressure soon enough.

Hunt, Fournier, and Cam Reddish are SF that would take some of Barret's 40 minutes of playing time.
D.Rose and McBride are PG that would take some of Brunson's 35 to 40 minutes of playing time.
We all know PF Hartenstein talent/skills is not a NBA center .. the Embiid & Hart matchup lead to 35 pt game. Playing Hart at his natural position PF would take some minutes from Randle's 36 to 40 min playing time.

mafra

Legend
“Sixers-Knicks averaged 4.04 million, up 38% from Hawks-Knicks last year (2.92M) & the most-watched 12 ET game on Christmas since Celtics-Knicks opened the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season…despite the window facing NFL competition for the 1st time”