GarKNEE May Help Out NY

la2ny

Starter
ESPN---Kevin Garnett has left Boston's game at Detroit with a right leg injury.
Garnett grimaced as he threw down a dunk late in the first quarter, then immediately started limping when he landed, favoring his right leg. He made it back to midcourt before intentionally committing a foul to stop the game.
He was able to hobble off the court but was limping badly by the time he got back to the locker room. He was taken for X-rays and is not expected to return to the game.
The X-rays were negative for fractures. According to the team, he will wait until Thursday to undergo an MRI back in Boston to check for ligament damage.
Garnett underwent right knee arthroscopy and removal of posterior knee bone spurs in May of 2008 after initially suffering the knee injury in March of that year. He missed the postseason, where the Celtics' hopes of defending their 17th world title were thwarted by the Orlando Magic in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Despite returning for the start of the 2009-10 season, Garnett looked like a player still recovering from knee surgery. Two games after Christmas, in a game against Golden State, Garnett was kicked in the right knee, suffering a hyperextension that forced him to sit out 10 games. It wasn't until the playoffs that he returned to form.
Garnett was in the spotlight entering Wednesday's game for his war of words with Detroit's Charlie Villanueva, who accused Garnett of calling him a "cancer patient," during in-game trash talk during Boston's win over the Pistons in early November.
Garnett fist-bumped every other Detroit player except Villanueva before the game, then Villanueva picked up two quick fouls for being overly physical towards Garnett. While leaving the court, Villanueva appeared to bump Garnett. But the rivalry took a backseat to Garnett's injury, which left Boston rattled late in the first quarter.

So with all that out of the way what do you guys think.
We are 7 Games behind Boston in the division and with GarKNEE and R(onDOPE) out looks like they may be in a little trouble and drop some games giving us a chance to catch up.

Boston OLD-24-6( going down to detroit)
NYK-18-13

petescud

Starter
They aren't looking all that after he left. Actually getting their asses handed to them from DETROIT (TMac working on a triple double...no way)

KingCharles34

All Star
Good to see Mcgrady have a good game especially against the scumtics. He finished with 21 points (7-11) 8 assists 4 rebounds and 3 steals.

Bumston always gets off to great starts but then right at christmas time father time catches up with them and they become larry holmes status...flabby and sick....and old. If there not healthy at playoff time they wont be going back to the finals, and i doubt they'll be healthy.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Truth be told....I hate Mia. so much I kinda have been pulling for Boston this season....at least to knock Miami out of the playoffs.

After suffering two major knee surgeries I dont wish that on anyone

But, I agree with what someone said before, Divison title means very little to me.

Division lead would mean top seed in the playoffs, That's more enticing than the title of "Division winner" but yeah..

broken-bones-LOL-NOT-AGAIN.jpg

Good news, and bad news. Sports injuries suck, I wish them on no one. Knee injuries slow down your whole life, not just sports. wish him well...and I hope he sits the season out.

moneyg

Starter
Division titles guarantee home court in the first round as well as a top 4 pick..

that being said..

i think Charlie V put a curse on Garnet for what he said..

i've never heard a player trash talk to another player and say something as politically correct as "Your a cancer to your team and the league"..

i dont buy it.. He might of said.. "you look like a cancer patient" FIRST... then relized how foul that was to say.. then tried to smoth it over with the cancer to the league comment..

If he actually said that which i think he did...good for his A$$