How many of you are upset that Chris Paul didn't go to the Lakers?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
exactly i wanna see how they'll block it when he signs with em. which i think could be forgone conclusion with the knicks out the running.

fender0577

Rotation player
How many people are upset that the Nets are gonna have Dwight Howard and Deron Williams and will officially start their coup of New York City?

From what i'm seeing this tampering issue is gonna basically kill that deal, i'm not hating, the more good bball in NYC the better, but this is serious.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
From what i'm seeing this tampering issue is gonna basically kill that deal, i'm not hating, the more good bball in NYC the better, but this is serious.

its not serious until the charges are filed. how could king and prokorov be so stupid?

finestrg

Rotation player
This is true.

This makes me laugh.. Maybe being a rookie NBA owner Prokhorov wasn't that familiar with the tampering rules but come on, King should've known better....I mean come on man, this is tampering 101..Hello morons -- he's not your property, he's Orlando's...Where the hell did they meet with him anyway, at a Starbucks or something? LOL. I hope it was a public place, they deny it and then all sorts of internet pictures of them talking to each other surface out of the blue..That'd be hysterical..I really hope it doesn't go down now -- F the Nets. I never really had anything against them until this Russian came in out of nowhere, ran his mouth and then put up his dumb billboard right around the corner from the Garden. He and his Nets can go F themselves now after that dick move! Kill yourselves now over there!

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
This makes me laugh.. Maybe being a rookie NBA owner Prokhorov wasn't that familiar with the tampering rules but come on, King should've known better....I mean come on man, this is tampering 101..Hello morons -- he's not your property, he's Orlando's...Where the hell did they meet with him anyway, at a Starbucks or something? LOL. I hope it was a public place, they deny it and then all sorts of internet pictures of them talking to each other surface out of the blue..That'd be hysterical..I really hope it doesn't go down now -- F the Nets. I never really had anything against them until this Russian came in out of nowhere, ran his mouth and then put up his dumb billboard right around the corner from the Garden. He and his Nets can go F themselves now after that dick move! Kill yourselves now over there!

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
No, and no one else should be. The Knicks are BACK. The hell do we care about CP3 or the Lakers. Knicks can afford CP3 and the Lakers are what they used to be.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
The Financial Considerations

am I the only one who doesn't mind that Stern vetoed the CP3 deal, not on the basketball side, but on the financial side? Luis Scola is owed 38 million for the next 4 years, Emerak Okafor is owed 39 million for the next 3 and Kevin Martin is owed 24 million for the next 2. All I heard is how New Orleans is bankrupt.

I dont care if "oh they got 4 starters and a draft pick". They have no star, no guy who sells tickets and they're broke, they would have taken on more salary burden. I'm shocked that all of ESPN is panning this veto by Stern, it's not a good deal financially. Scola and Kevin Martin don't sell tickets.

Good point!

I do feel for CP3. If he is forced to free agency to avoid New Orleans or some other less than acceptable location, he loses a ton of money.

It seems to me that now the Lakers should be in the running for Dwight Howard. the League does not own the Magic.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I'm kind of unsure how to think about this. I didn't even now it was possible to do that. Not sure I feel its up to the NBA to OK any trade, it should be between teams. Where were they with signing of the big three i Miami, if that was allowed so should this trade.

smokes

Huge Member
You guys do realize Stern DOES have to sign off on every trade... It's not just because the Hornets are involved every trade goes through NBA HQ.

I'm not upset or surprised this trade was vetoed I have no idea why NO would want to take this trade Kmart and Scola and Odom for the best PG in the league? Bitch please.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
You guys do realize Stern DOES have to sign off on every trade... It's not just because the Hornets are involved every trade goes through NBA HQ.

I'm not upset or surprised this trade was vetoed I have no idea why NO would want to take this trade Kmart and Scola and Odom for the best PG in the league? Bitch please.

lmaaaaooo.....it's not Kenyon Martin, it's Kevin Martin. They are good players but it's a terrible deal for Houston and financially makes no sense for NO. They might as well traded for Chandler if they want a 13 million dollar rebounder.....oh wait, they still have Okafor for 39 million. That's the part I dont understand, I thought any deal that centered around CP3 would include getting rid of Okafor's ridiculous contract.....

smokes

Huge Member
lmaaaaooo.....it's not Kenyon Martin, it's Kevin Martin. They are good players but it's a terrible deal for Houston and financially makes no sense for NO. They might as well traded for Chandler if they want a 13 million dollar rebounder.....oh wait, they still have Okafor for 39 million. That's the part I dont understand, I thought any deal that centered around CP3 would include getting rid of Okafor's ridiculous contract.....

I know it's Kevin Martin... Just used the wrong abbrev I guess.

And not just Okafor but NO want to go young and rebuild then why on earth would they want Martin/Scola/Odom it makes no sense. They would not improve from the trade, or get youth or useful picks or decent assetts. Was a silly trade and it should have been vetoed.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
I know it's Kevin Martin... Just used the wrong abbrev I guess.

And not just Okafor but NO want to go young and rebuild then why on earth would they want Martin/Scola/Odom it makes no sense. They would not improve from the trade, or get youth or useful picks or decent assetts. Was a silly trade and it should have been vetoed.

Because the Clippers and Warriors refused to put Curry/Gordon into their trade proposal, so they started to talk to other teams. I don't know how you can say 3 starters aren't "decent assets".

Getting Odom, Scola and Martin gives them 3 legit starters, plus a backup PG in Dragic and NY's 2012 draft pick. When you trade your franchise player, you never get equal value so I don't know why you think the Hornets must improve from the trade. They get some pretty good value for a player that would leave. And since they are owned by the NBA, they will struggle this FA period to even add any players because the NBA teams have to pay for the Hornet's payroll. The fact they can add 3 starters and a backup makes it much easier for them to fill out their roster.

smokes

Huge Member
Because the Clippers and Warriors refused to put Curry/Gordon into their trade proposal, so they started to talk to other teams. I don't know how you can say 3 starters aren't "decent assets".

Getting Odom, Scola and Martin gives them 3 legit starters, plus a backup PG in Dragic and NY's 2012 draft pick. When you trade your franchise player, you never get equal value so I don't know why you think the Hornets must improve from the trade. They get some pretty good value for a player that would leave. And since they are owned by the NBA, they will struggle this FA period to even add any players because the NBA teams have to pay for the Hornet's payroll. The fact they can add 3 starters and a backup makes it much easier for them to fill out their roster.

DeAndre Jordan and Minny's unprotected pick is still a better deal if you ask me.

It's not only the players it's their salaries. Kevin Martin is owed 12 million next year and Scola 10+ for the next 2 years. Tying up cap space in players who are not that great and not getting much in the way of assets for rebuilding.

Remember they are a rebuilding team and Martin/Scola/Odom with some ugly contracts and nothing in the way of good picks is not the way you go when rebuilding.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
DeAndre Jordan and Minny's unprotected pick is still a better deal if you ask me.

It's not only the players it's their salaries. Kevin Martin is owed 12 million next year and Scola 10+ for the next 2 years. Tying up cap space in players who are not that great and not getting much in the way of assets for rebuilding.

Remember they are a rebuilding team and Martin/Scola/Odom with some ugly contracts and nothing in the way of good picks is not the way you go when rebuilding.

Clippers didn't offer that combo from what I've seen. So that point is moot. They could have gotten Bledsoe, Aminu, Minny's pick and Kaman. Those two young guys may not become anything special, so the main piece there is Minny's pick.

In this situation, what other offers would they get "rebuilding assets"? They weren't offered Gordon, or Jordan or Curry. This gives them good starting quality NBA players who they can either move in the future, or at least keep them somewhat competitive in the West. You can say they aren't that good, but the main 3 guys would start for most NBA teams.

smokes

Huge Member
Clippers didn't offer that combo from what I've seen. So that point is moot. They could have gotten Bledsoe, Aminu, Minny's pick and Kaman. Those two young guys may not become anything special, so the main piece there is Minny's pick.

In this situation, what other offers would they get "rebuilding assets"? They weren't offered Gordon, or Jordan or Curry. This gives them good starting quality NBA players who they can either move in the future, or at least keep them somewhat competitive in the West. You can say they aren't that good, but the main 3 guys would start for most NBA teams.

Well reports I read said they were offered Jordan on a S&T but who knows. I mean even Boston's offer of Rondo + Jeff Green is better in terms of rebuilding that Odom/Martin/Scola if you ask me.

That's my opinion anyway that what they were receiving in that deal was much worse in terms of contract and age for a team looking to rebuild. You don't rebuild around any of those players.