If the Knicks get sweeped . . .

Paul1355

All Star
. . . what is the probability that D'Antoni gets fired?

*swept

He should have been fired a long time ago but a loss like last night might force Donnie Walsh's hand but honestly I think he will be back.

Because Mike D fans think that if everyone is healthy and if Mike D spends an off season with this team that he will suddenly become the best coach ever. It won't happen. His system fails, especially in crunch time.

He has one more year on his contract so the Knicks prob don't want it to seem like they made another failure with a head coaching position, but they did and we are seeing it now. I hope he gets fired and if a sweep makes that happen I will take because I can't take another year of this idiot being in control.

Paul1355

All Star
If we fired D'Antoni the rest of the NBA would laugh at NY and call them just as idiotic as their fans, then Amare would want to leave the Knicks.

You have to remember the reason why Amare came to NY in the first place....

Amare came here for a 100 mil contract that no one else was offering and to be the poster boy of the NY Knicks which brings him millions of dollars for advertisements. Stop believing the idea that Mike D really brought him here.
Thats like believing that MSNBC is not far left or that Fox News is not far right.
Both of them were on different pages before Amare came here, they had to settle their differences before Amare came here which means that Amare did not come here for Mike D, he came here for other reasons and is tolerating Mike D. Big difference.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
He should have been fired a long time ago but a loss like last night might force Donnie Walsh's hand but honestly I think he will be back.

Because Mike D fans think that if everyone is healthy and if Mike D spends an off season with this team that he will suddenly become the best coach ever. It won't happen. His system fails, especially in crunch time.

He has one more year on his contract so the Knicks prob don't want it to seem like they made another failure with a head coaching position, but they did and we are seeing it now. I hope he gets fired and if a sweep makes that happen I will take because I can't take another year of this idiot being in control.

I have to agree with you, You think if Doc rivers ever came to coach The knicks. Amar'e would say No" I won't play for him..B,S
He needs to realize this is why he's been decrepit for the 2nd half of the season .thanks to Mike D' Antoni's coaching style. Amar'es is not 23 anymore.
What's going to happen if Mike keeps being the coach long term for this team. Amar'e is going to mostly likely look Discombulated in The playoffs. And I'll be damned if this team goes to the playoffs every year and get's eliminated in the 1 st round. Because then we will never hear the end of it from everybody that thinks we stink already.

So I'm looking forward to next season. Hopefully there is one. I think there will be. But The knicks should be alot better then. With 1 or 3 different players who won't cost us much. They cannot go on these consecutive 6 games losing streaks they had this season. or losing 15 out of 17 games.

We need to beat teams like Lakers, dallas. since we were both humilated by them twice in the season.. Oh ! But better yet lets beat the Crap out of the Celtics, if we can't do it this season, Which most likely we won't. So hope for the best next season.:peace:

iJoe

Rotation player
Now that Adelman chose to leave the Rockets, there is actually a good coach on the market. It says something when all the Rockets players' banded together to try to keep their coach.

Before, there were no good coaches to choose from in the offseason, now the chances of Dantoni getting fired have moved from marginal to likely especially in the event of a sweep.