Is Randal injury a bless in disguise?

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Will Obi get enough time to step up his game and take the next step. he shows flashes here and there, but not consistent at all... maybe because of playing time ... maybe because of him.....
we need him to be much better to be able to have a run in the Playoffs, right now, there no sub for Randal at the same level or even close

Kiyaman

Legend
Obi Toppin been ready since his outstanding performance as a rookie helping D.Rose win our first, and only uin in the playoffs.
The only problem with Obi Toppin are being Randle's backup under a senile coach Tom Thibs.
Since day one of the Knicks 2022-23 season, Randle has played the entire 12 minutes of the First and Third Quarter in all the Knicks 76 straight games this season. WHY ???
Was it to give Randle enough minutes (above 36) to fulfill his stats as the #1 option on offense to make the all-star team?
When we fans all know Brunson outstanding performance as the Knicks CLOSER of games were the only all-star player on the Knicks roster.

A healthy young athletic Obi Toppin should've received 3 to 4 minute of playing time in the First Quarter in his 3rd season as a Knicks.
And 7 minutes in the 2nd quarter.
And 2 to 4 minutes in the 3rd quarter.
And 5 or 6 minutes in the 4th quarter.
Obi Toppin talent & speed should've average 18 to 21 minutes per game throughout the Knicks 2022-23 season.
Randle talent & performance in the NEW small ball NBA should be 28 to 30 minutes per game, not 38 to 40 minutes per game !!!

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Obi Toppin been ready since his outstanding performance as a rookie helping D.Rose win our first, and only uin in the playoffs.
The only problem with Obi Toppin are being Randle's backup under a senile coach Tom Thibs.
Since day one of the Knicks 2022-23 season, Randle has played the entire 12 minutes of the First and Third Quarter in all the Knicks 76 straight games this season. WHY ???
Was it to give Randle enough minutes (above 36) to fulfill his stats as the #1 option on offense to make the all-star team?
When we fans all know Brunson outstanding performance as the Knicks CLOSER of games were the only all-star player on the Knicks roster.

A healthy young athletic Obi Toppin should've received 3 to 4 minute of playing time in the First Quarter in his 3rd season as a Knicks.
And 7 minutes in the 2nd quarter.
And 2 to 4 minutes in the 3rd quarter.
And 5 or 6 minutes in the 4th quarter.
Obi Toppin talent & speed should've average 18 to 21 minutes per game throughout the Knicks 2022-23 season.
Randle talent & performance in the NEW small ball NBA should be 28 to 30 minutes per game, not 38 to 40 minutes per game !!!
Sometimes i feel Obi is playing great, sometimes I feel he is not that good..... my biggest problem with him is that he doesn't create his own offense, he doesn't go one on one with his man... he mostly feed off passes

Kiyaman

Legend
Sometimes i feel Obi is playing great, sometimes I feel he is not that good..... my biggest problem with him is that he doesn't create his own offense, he doesn't go one on one with his man... he mostly feed off passes

Everything you said about Obi Toppin (plus speed getting back on offense/defense) are what the Celtics, Suns, and Clippers will need from their PF in their playoff rotation.
Having Randle and Toppin in the Knicks game rotation are the same as Oakley & Mason.
And HOF Coach Pat Riley gave the two players equal playing time minutes at PF to make it to the FINALS.

Will Randle play in Game 1 ???
So far doubtful ....
Randle (ankle) is listed as questionable for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference First Round against the Cavaliers on Saturday.

MitchRob got the toughest job in the series ....