Jimme Fredette('s family) wants (him) to play for the Knicks!

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Saw the Kemba post, and while this is similar, different player, figured it needed a different post. Story below:

Jimmer

Jimmer Fredette is projected as a lottery pick in the 2011 NBA draft.
Having grown up in upstate New York, Fredette's ideal NBA landing spot would be New York City, according to his older brother T.J.
"We want him to go to the Knicks," T.J. told the Inquirer. "That's our team."
The Houston Rockets can swap first round picks with the Knicks in the 2011 draft so long as New York's 1st round pick is not the 1st overall selection.
Via Kate Fagan/Philadelphia Inquirer

What does everyone think? I honestly feel if Donnie can get either him or Kemba we would be in a great position moving forward and might be able to focus on our real need of a talented big as opposed to a PG.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Can some one please explain to me how anyone expects NY to grab EITHER of these players?

The Knicks have a projected pick @ #17. Do you really think Kemba (way undersized) and Fredette (way undersized) will even be around then?

They will both be Top 15 picks if they have even decent tournaments.

iSaYughh

Starter
Can some one please explain to me how anyone expects NY to grab EITHER of these players?

The Knicks have a projected pick @ #17. Do you really think Kemba (way undersized) and Fredette (way undersized) will even be around then?

They will both be Top 15 picks if they have even decent tournaments.

You make a deal? Lol..

(let's hope) Donnie doesn't make the same mistake of draft conservatism, a la 2009.

But Jimmer Fredette doesn't play any defense though, i would much rather have Kemba.,Kemba went against 11 teams in the top 25 and almost every top guard in the nation, and took over two of the most prestigious tournaments in college basketball the maui invitational and the big east tournament.

KingCharles34

All Star
I heard Fredettes family would also like to see him play some defense....When that happens hes more then welcome to join the knicks

*waits 15 years*

*Fredette is now retired after a career of gettin burned by other NBA guards*

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ Lolz. True.

Kemba is a smooth assassin. I had pleasure (pause) of seeing him play throughout BigEast...and he impressed more than I had expected.

More bust potential than the great white 5pt shooting hype, tho...

Really, I mainly like Jimmers > Kemba for us bc he has best chance of contributing right away with his range in NBA (and letting Amare go back to being Amare and not a juiced up Troy Murphy popping 15ft jumpers like birth control to a ho).

Assuming we let Billuos go to SECURE at least 1 premier true NBA big/center this offseason. Which we MUST.

We need trickle down defense and fill this gaping hole in our team.

tiger0330

Legend
He would fit D'Antoni's system to a T. I am not a big fan of the Jimmer even if he is a Glens Falls legend, just think his weaknesses that he shows on the defensive end, poor lateral quickness, leaping ability and lack of size are going to catch up with him at the next level.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Saw the Kemba post, and while this is similar, different player, figured it needed a different post. Story below:

Jimmer

What does everyone think? I honestly feel if Donnie can get either him or Kemba we would be in a great position moving forward and might be able to focus on our real need of a talented big as opposed to a PG.

That's nice that he WANTS to play, but there's no way he WILL. These are some of the top guys, Kemba/Jimmer. We're not gonna touch them.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
I don't think we get near the top 10 either, those guys will be gone by then if they have a good tourney. I just felt the need to state that he desired to play here. Like KFFQ1985 said, it is making us relevant again to have highly touted college players WANT to come here and play. Gotta at least love that aspect.

I'd love the drafting of Kemba. We'd be set @ PG moving foward with with Kemba & Douglas.

For a team that already struggles on defense, Fredette would make our situation worse. He can shoot the rock lights out, he's a tough as nails kid; but his defensive foot work & overall quickness will never be able to stick with explosive NBA guards.

I think we go with the BAP left on the board in terms of talent out of the C' or PF' position.

If we cant get Ferdette that kid Hansbourough from Notre Dame would be a wise pickup. He does the same things as Jimmer but against better competition...

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
kemba+jimmer are high lottery picks.i highly doubt we will be able to get even one of them unless we magically obtain a first round pick which just so happens to be a 1-10 pick lol

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
We need a Center but we can buy a Center, NEVER draft for a need, always draft the talent ask the Blazers how they messed that up...twice