Knicks on Crack: Phil Jackson Has Knicks Right Where He Wants Them - Bye Me-lo!

paris401

Starter
alright, we'll see. let's give it yet another year and see if things gets better. would 4 years be a fair amount of time to throw down an official grade on phil's moves and 'culture'?

I somewhat agree with ya... his 1st year he inherited the team, and somewhat even in the 2nd year... BUT.. this year, its his baby and if I had to grade his signing's... it would be an D... Jennings/lee/rose/noah ...not a winner amongth them all...

CoolClyde

I somewhat agree with ya... his 1st year he inherited the team, and somewhat even in the 2nd year... BUT.. this year, its his baby and if I had to grade his signing's... it would be an D... Jennings/lee/rose/noah ...not a winner amongth them all...

CLee is/was a good pickup. Jennings was a good pickup for $5M. Noah, could have been good if he was healthy, and could still be a contributor to post-Melo Knicks if he heals 100%. Rose? yeah, he gets a 8===D

Kiyaman

Legend
wowee, you haven't changed, you still hate the Knicks and Phil Jackson.

WOW! Facts has nothing to do with hate .....
Phil has been a failure in NY in all 3 off-season, and a failure in all 3 regular-seasons.
I did not expect the famous Zen Phil Jackson to coach the players on the Knicks roster ..
What i did expect from the HOF coach Phil Jackson were to put together one of the leagues top-10 coaching-staffs within a 2 or 3 year span by hiring one of the top-10 offensive coaches, plus one of the top-10 defensive coaches, and with Phil's magnetism put the coaching-staff on the same-page to run any type of system. At the end of the Knicks 2012-13 regular season, new president Phil Jackson Fired the Knicks entire poor coaching-staff, and replace them with a poorer coaching-staff than what we had.

Phil's next biggest failure as Knicks president were Phil following in James Dolan foot-steps by getting rid of any teammates having complain bout Iso-Melo flaws that put the team in losing situations, plus Phil played the role of Dolan by resigning Iso-Melo to a 5 year outrageous expensive contract that 29 NBA teams only seen a value interest in a pay-cut Melo. Do Denver Fans want Melo back? NO!
The best part bout Dolan's Melo-trade in 2011, were the addition of "Last-Shot Chauncey Billups" to the Knicks roster.

paris401

Starter
CLee is/was a good pickup. Jennings was a good pickup for $5M. Noah, could have been good if he was healthy, and could still be a contributor to post-Melo Knicks if he heals 100%. Rose? yeah, he gets a 8===D

CLee- in the league 9years... 7 diff teams... signed for next 3years ...11.7/12.3/12.7m- guess how many double/double's...ZERO- wonderful pickup
Jennings- such a good pickup, we jettisoned him mid year
noah - prob hurt the entire year, but that's the way he's been for last couple of years
rose... I think he's 29...but he's an old 29....

that's just about phils's restocking of the roster last off season... i'll be kind and give him a solid...D...

Kiyaman

Legend
What are Phil Jackson famous at in the NBA? Coaching!
How would u grade the Knicks coaching the past 3 seasons holding a record of 80 wins n 166 loses?
1-A?
2-B?
3-C?
4-F?

Its not bout ball-hogger Iso-Melo .. its bout Phil Jackson hiring the coach (Nelson) that's able to coach Iso-Melo, after giving Iso-Melo a 5 year contract with a NTC ...
http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/the-wei...-nba-playoffs/

CoolClyde

Phil Jackson said he has 12 players he wants to move forward with, that play the way he wants to play. Getting rid of Me-lo and getting a true PG via draft, trade or free agency is the final step towards triangular turnaround. Did you really expect immediate results with the team and draft situation he inherited? He proceeded to blew up the Knicks, and in 3 years, he finally has a core he believes in. Now he's doing his damned-est to get rid of Me-lo for the final 2 years of both their contracts. I think Phil's done a fine job, tho i really wanted Rubio for 8==D Rose, but that's another topic to dispute.

Broadway

All Star

Jennings was not a good pick up.

He didn't mesh well with really anyone on this team, he hated the system, didn't contribute to winning and was waived not traded but waived. We got nothing from him, like literally nothing. Cost has nothing to do with the signing. Also what he's currently doing for the Wizards would be irrelevant too. Rose was probably the most productive player from signings, Lee may have been the best fit signing...Noah is a major incomplete but would result in a fail if the paper was graded today.

paris401

Starter
Phil Jackson said he has 12 players he wants to move forward with, that play the way he wants to play. Getting rid of Me-lo and getting a true PG via draft, trade or free agency is the final step towards triangular turnaround. Did you really expect immediate results with the team and draft situation he inherited? He proceeded to blew up the Knicks, and in 3 years, he finally has a core he believes in. .

can't argue with ya for the 1st '2' years, but last year was all phil... and we stunk..... you believe he has the 'core' to go forward.. I can't agree with ya, but we'll see in 8-10mos...

CoolClyde

Jennings was not a good pick up.

He didn't mesh well with really anyone on this team, he hated the system, didn't contribute to winning and was waived not traded but waived. We got nothing from him, like literally nothing. Cost has nothing to do with the signing. Also what he's currently doing for the Wizards would be irrelevant too. Rose was probably the most productive player from signings, Lee may have been the best fit signing...Noah is a major incomplete but would result in a fail if the paper was graded today.

good post!