Knicks Schedule 2015-2016 Season

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Even Sir Charles recognizes the upgrades!

This may stun some Knicks fans, but longtime critic Charles Barkley says he actually liked team president Phil Jackson's moves this offseason.“I actually disagree with all the criticism that people are giving the Knicks. I think the Knicks should be on national television this year. They actually got NBA players,’’ Barkley, a TNT analyst, said Wednesday night on NBA TV's show to reveal the NBA schedule.
Barkley added: "Robin Lopez is an NBA player, Arron Afflalo is an NBA player, [draftee] Jerian Grant is an NBA player. That’s three NBA players that they did not have last year. And they're going to get Carmelo [Anthony] back. [First-round draft pick Kristaps] Porzingis is going to be a good player, maybe not right now, but he's going to be a good player."
A day later, Barkley kicked his Knicks assessment up a notch.
“I expect them to make the playoffs,” he said in an interview on Sirius XM NBA Radio.

tiger0330

Legend
Even Sir Charles recognizes the upgrades!
I mentioned Barkley's comments about the Knicks, quite a turnaround for a Knicks hater. I respect his opinion but making the playoffs? I don't know where that came from, the EC mainly got better and the Knicks have a so many new guys playing the triangle for the first time. Melo coming off knee surgery, Calderon coming off a crappy year, unproven rookies, a guy that has done nothing for 4 years and had one of the worst real Plus/minus numbers last year, potential chemistry issues, coming off a 17 win season. Too many question marks for me, I'll bet the Knicks don't make the playoffs this year.

tiger0330

Legend
One thing about PJ picking up O'Quinn and Seraphin is they can give a taste of NBA physicality to Zinger in practices, those 2 are bruisers.

usa-today-8332472.0.jpg

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
We got one guy bumping threads from 7 to 8 years ago to tell people he prefers the posters who used to be on here but have been gone for a long time and another guy posting a link to our season's schedule just to say that we're going to lose a lot of games.

Damn fellas, let's not have too much fun on this forum.

I don't know if you mean me :) but if not, then i feel the same too....i miss the old good posters and hate the current state of the forum.....
i know the team is not achiving and morals are down, but come on, posters here are just naggers, Oh Melo suck, Oh Phil is stupid, Oh we signed KP, Oh we will lost the first 50 games...... come on.... anytime you are happy and you read the posts here you feel down.......
people die to get a superstar, and when Melo is here they say he is stupid, i bet if Lebron is here we will have the same arguments of Lebron Suck....
Phil is one of the greatest minds of basketball and he is respected among all NBA people, EXCEPT the posters of this forum....

Come on, lift up the spirit, life is giving the Knicks Lemons??? make an optimistic lemonade.....

tiger0330

Legend
I don't know if you mean me :) but if not, then i feel the same too....i miss the old good posters and hate the current state of the forum.....
i know the team is not achiving and morals are down, but come on, posters here are just naggers, Oh Melo suck, Oh Phil is stupid, Oh we signed KP, Oh we will lost the first 50 games...... come on.... anytime you are happy and you read the posts here you feel down.......
people die to get a superstar, and when Melo is here they say he is stupid, i bet if Lebron is here we will have the same arguments of Lebron Suck....
Phil is one of the greatest minds of basketball and he is respected among all NBA people, EXCEPT the posters of this forum....

Come on, lift up the spirit, life is giving the Knicks Lemons??? make an optimistic lemonade.....
The Knicks are so bad, the old posters would be ripping this team just like the present members are. You have a point though, if Barkley can be optimistic about the Knicks then we can be also.

It's just hard being optimistic coming off a 17 win season and that ESPN ranking predicting 25 wins is input from 200 bball analysts, so collectively 200 experts think the Knicks will stink this season.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
The Knicks are so bad, the old posters would be ripping this team just like the present members are. You have a point though, if Barkley can be optimistic about the Knicks then we can be also.

It's just hard being optimistic coming off a 17 win season and that ESPN ranking predicting 25 wins is input from 200 bball analysts, so collectively 200 experts think the Knicks will stink this season.

i didn't believe the ESPN predictions last year, but they were true, and i don't believe them this year (very optimistic??!!) but my question is, do they always predict correctly or they go wrong, i am talking about the Knicks only....

Broadway

All Star
i didn't believe the ESPN predictions last year, but they were true, and i don't believe them this year (very optimistic??!!) but my question is, do they always predict correctly or they go wrong, i am talking about the Knicks only....

Nothing irks me more than to see posts like yours, that not only spout the typical Optis>Pessi but also show sheer lack of staying informed. It's like do you guys watch basketball or do you watch basketball? <--------Let that sink in

This is what I don't get about posters like you. You have a contingency of posters(very small mind you) who follow BASKETBALL. There is a difference between following the KNICKS and following BASKETBALL.

Where are you when the Negative Nancies aren't posting on the forum? Oh that's right being positive all by your lonesome in lurk mode. Get out of here with this rationale. You either become your own positive contributor to the site or stay off the forum complaining about posters who have a different opinion of the team than yours.

Citing our roster additions and comparing them to last year's team is a near fail. It's not hard to improve from 0, you guys all understand this correct?

Throwing tantrums of how can ESPN, SI, Barkley(exception this yr)...say we're not going to be good when we added players you think will be good....

WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE ADDITIONS OF OTHER ROSTERS IN COMPARISON TO WHAT THEY HAD LAST YEAR AND IN COMPARISON TO WHO WE ADDED...

will never end well.

You have posters like Tig who have presented analytical data showing the players we've added this year have been either average to below average in the areas of the game in which we feel they'll fill a void for what we lacked last year. Say What????

But no many fans will ignore data like this and reference other obscure analytics to support what their hearts desire. The Knicks aren't going to be good just because your heart says so. To add...why ask questions about ESPN and how they've faired rating us? Is this exhibit A exposing the fact fans like you don't follow the sport but only tunnel vision this team? ESPN has only been forecasting seasons for about a decade or more. How can one pick a bone with a branded focal area of sports coverage if they aren't aware of how they've faired with such coverage?

They've been doing this long enough for you and anyone else to know what their track record has been(it's been pretty accurate and not so much). I'll explain

Where they spec out to being accurate is by pegging us as one of the few teams who won't fair well in the East(the only recent season they were wildly off was the fools gold 54win team yr). They usually pick us missing the playoffs

Where they spec out to being inaccurate is the actual record predicting wins-losses. The past several seasons they've pegged us as a upper 30ish something win team. Unfortunately for ESPN because they hate us so much, when they pegged us to win 38gms(or real close) last yr we failed to meet those lofty goals and eeked out a formidable 17win season.

ESPN also has THE SCHOENE model of projection which is entrenched in analytical projection and not primarily on the opinion of writers who cover the sport. If you guys on social forums are gonna sit back and be lazy, while poppin in once in a blue moon doing drive by posting in efforts to stamp out vocies such as myself, TKF, Tig as a means to censor opinions....well we truly see what you're capable of or shall we say incapable of when it comes to holding a BASKETBALL conversation.

Yes this is a KNICKS site but if New Yorkers and those who support their teams are amongst the smartest fans in the world, then I challenge all to start acting like it.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Nothing irks me more than to see posts like yours, that not only spout the typical Optis>Pessi but also show sheer lack of staying informed. It's like do you guys watch basketball or do you watch basketball? <--------Let that sink in

This is what I don't get about posters like you. You have a contingency of posters(very small mind you) who follow BASKETBALL. There is a difference between following the KNICKS and following BASKETBALL.

Where are you when the Negative Nancies aren't posting on the forum? Oh that's right being positive all by your lonesome in lurk mode. Get out of here with this rationale. You either become your own positive contributor to the site or stay off the forum complaining about posters who have a different opinion of the team than yours.

Citing our roster additions and comparing them to last year's team is a near fail. It's not hard to improve from 0, you guys all understand this correct?

You have posters like Tig who have presented analytical data showing the players we've added this year have been either average to below average in the areas of the game in which we feel they'll fill a void for what we lacked last year. Say What????

But no many fans will ignore data like this and reference other obscure analytics to support what their hearts desire. The Knicks aren't going to be good just because your heart says so. To add...why ask questions about ESPN and how they've faired rating us? Is this exhibit A exposing the fact fans like you don't follow the sport but only tunnel vision this team? ESPN has only been forecasting seasons for about a decade or more. How can one pick a bone with a branded focal area of sports coverage if they aren't aware of how they've faired with such coverage?

They've been doing this long enough for you and anyone else to know what their track record has been(it's been pretty accurate and not so much). I'll explain

ESPN also has THE SCHOENE model of projection which is entrenched in analytical projection and not primarily on the opinion of writers who cover the sport. If you guys on social forums are gonna sit back and be lazy, while poppin in once in a blue moon doing drive by posting in efforts to stamp out vocies such as myself, TKF, Tig as a means to censor opinions....well we truly see what you're capable of or shall we say incapable of when it comes to holding a BASKETBALL conversation.

Yes this is a KNICKS site but if New Yorkers and those who support their teams are amongst the smartest fans in the world, then I challenge all to start acting like it.

Relax dear, i dont have to prove myself to you... i simply dont care what you think. .... but its you and one another poster who made this forum empty by the way..... but again... i read much more than i type here..... does that make me less informative than the likes of you? No, maybe less known.... which is fine for me.... i know much about basketball and about players... cant know very well like others who have the privilage of attending the knicks games however i am a coach, a player, a refree and i had my share.... you might know more??? I really dont care, your opinion is the correct one? Maybe, but again i dont care, after all i am not being paid by the knicks... i watch the game because its my hobby and i like the game.... i didnt ask for your opinion... so please dont offer it.... especially when its so negative and impolite. ...
Some people love basketball simply for the love of the game.... you dont have to agree.... but remember ... i dont care

Broadway

All Star
Relax dear, i dont have to prove myself to you... i simply dont care what you think. .... but its you and one another poster who made this forum empty by the way..... but again... i read much more than i type here..... does that make me less informative than the likes of you? No, maybe less known.... which is fine for me.... i know much about basketball and about players... cant know very well like others who have the privilage of attending the knicks games however i am a coach, a player, a refree and i had my share.... you might know more??? I really dont care, your opinion is the correct one? Maybe, but again i dont care, after all i am not being paid by the knicks... i watch the game because its my hobby and i like the game.... i didnt ask for your opinion... so please dont offer it.... especially when its so negative and impolite. ...
Some people love basketball simply for the love of the game.... you dont have to agree.... but remember ... i dont care

So the forum is only better regardless depth of discussion only if we place our hopes and dreams in Phil Rainbows, Unicorns, Prairies of Daisies, and play in his Chocolate and Candies of Neverland?

Why provide your opinion on the board instead of sticking to what you feel is great about the team? Actually discussion had picked up a bit since the end of season because there are those of us who put forth effort to have meaningful discussion.

Even though much of discussion lends to differences of opinions. I could be the biggest hater on the forum(maybe in heavy rotation) but let's not act like this team has been cranking out the victories and chips the past decade or so.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star

I miss the old posters as well, but Tig is right that they would be ripping the team, the coach, Fail Jackson, and the Zinger as well. I am person one of the few Melo fans on board, but I believe he will ask to be traded mid season. Fail Jackson had the chance to grab Mudiay or Winslow, but takes the Zinger, then questions his own pick. Then Fail Jackson chases LA away because the Zinger is our PF of the future. Huh what????? Popular opinion is that we will be at the bottom of the East again with The Sixers and Fail Jackson won't even have a first rounder to screw up next summer. Now that's one fat *** lemon for us KNIcKs fans to suck on Chief:(

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

I dont recall Melo having a 17 win season in Denver, and I dont recall Phil Jackson having a 17 win season with Chicago or Lakers. Plus drafting a player that none of the 5 million Knicks fans ever seen bounce a ball ....

Everytime im happy and someone mention the Phil/Melo-Knicks had a 17 win season i feel down too.
Everytime I think of the Knicks making the playoffs 4 times in the past 15 seasons I feel down too.