Knicks Targeting Raptors' Ajinca + Cavs' Parker

Why add Parker when we have Landry, Shump and TD23?

• Because he shoots 3s! Duh.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Fields is a goner.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I don't know, I don't want him.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • He performs sensational BJs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because he shoots 3s! Duh.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Honestly, we don't know what the Knicks are planning. We hear from media that the franchise is willing to create as much salary room as possible for the 2012 offseason bonanza. But what if we step back from pushing to land Paul here? What if we sign an experienced and valuable center for a long term contract? What if we're looking for some solid role players to build around Anthony and Stoudemire? Did anyone on this board hear anything directly from the Knicks about their willingness to acquire Paul? We don't know anything, Donnie Walsh hasn't spoken out yet, nor has Grunwald, D'Antoni and Dolan. My advice is to wait until 12/9 and everything will be known.

finestrg

Rotation player
Forget about other centers Berman wrote we were targeting, according to his "source" today we have eye on Foster, so the only question is, who will be on our radar tomorrow? :lol:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_eye_foster_i3uXxIxh1d7D783KgchKjK

Figures, we go from supposedly being interested in perhaps the most intriguing/highest upside big we could possibly get our hands on one day to some stiff 6'11" journeyman that won't make much of a difference the next..They gotta be nuts not to take a chance on this kid Ajinca if they feel they could get him and the price is right. He's gotta be higher on their list than Foster..If he isn't, something's wrong man...I think Ajinca may have Anthony Randolph-type upside (I understand they're different players but the ability to impact the game in all the same areas is very similar -- they're both big & long, can score/shoot the ball, rebound, block shots, etc..AR's even more versatile with his ability to handle it). He just needs to continue filling out physically and learn the NBA game (just like Randolph). And most of all he just needs to play somewhere and start showing what he can do (again, just like Randolph needs in order to really start showing his worth -- it appears he might have that now in Minny). He's shown glimpses of what he can do..Now he needs a team to commit to him. Even if he didn't turn out to be a double-digit rebounder, so what...We can easily go out tomorrow and ink up additional rebounders -- Joe Alexander (went for around 10 a game in the DL last year), Jeff Adrien, Dwayne Jones, Sean Williams, etc..Who even knew this kid Ajinca would be available...Now I want him.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Waiting until 12/9 is all what we can do. How many names did we mention over the last two weeks? 20-30? I know everyone wants to get his guys on this team, but as I wrote before we don't know anything. I expect Grunwald to step up on 12/9 and briefly announce: we acquired W, X, Y and Z and resigned A, B and C, all mentioned players will be introduced to the coaching staff and rest of the team later today. Details concerning amount, form and lenght of contracts will be released as soon as possible. I can only hope the full 2011/12 schedule that is supposed to be released tomorrow will stop that speculation roundabout and everyone will get busy with other staff than searching another available players that could join the Knicks.

finestrg

Rotation player
Waiting until 12/9 is all what we can do. How many names did we mention over the last two weeks? 20-30? I know everyone wants to get his guys on this team, but as I wrote before we don't know anything. I expect Grunwald to step up on 12/9 and briefly announce: we acquired W, X, Y and Z and resigned A, B and C, all mentioned players will be introduced to the coaching staff and rest of the team later today. Details concerning amount, form and lenght of contracts will be released as soon as possible. I can only hope the full 2011/12 schedule that is supposed to be released tomorrow will stop that speculation roundabout.

You're right man..All we can do is wait this out a few more days..I know what I would do -- now we'll have to see what Grunwald comes up with. I just can't wait for us to get started! :)

Last edited:

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;187466 said:
^

I was thinking that Ronny would have influence. Didn't know that they shared the same agent. No doubt Turiaf has been the tie that binds the Knicks interest.

I had a look at that Raptors' link. They hate the shit out of him!

If it's true, and he is really a 7'2" ballerina, I can't say I'd be too enthralled with adding extra floor spreaders when our dire need has been evident since the start of last year at Ajinca's position: BOARDS. We need someone to clean the glass and intimidate in the paint defensively. Echo, echo, echo, echo, echo.

Having said that, presumably he's amongst the many candidates for cheap contracts if by some miracle we pry CP3 from N.O.

It'd be beyond frustrating - for me - to live through the same monotonous issues all over again if we lose out on the Paul sweepstakes. Another year of chasing stars first & addressing glaring performance issues second.

I'm praying for an under the radar emergence from Jorts. :pray:

* Gotta hand it to you, finestrg. You are the man to converse with on all things free agent. Good stuff!

+1

8's what's going on man. Been a while. I think our best viable option at the C is Kwame Brown. I'm talking about affordability and complimentary to STAT. I wouldn't mind giving a player like Ajinca a opportunity but I rather have someone who proved his improvement last year. He's still not a guarantee but would give him the shot over someone who barely played and is frowned upon by his former team's fans.

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
Here's another clip of a private workout Ajinca had for some team a few years ago, maybe Charlotte (they drafted him in '08, 20th overall). The video's a little fuzzy so it's hard to see who he's working out against (is that little guard Nate Rob?)..Regardless, you can't miss Ajinca. I realize everyone's only going about 50% here but still...Shows off almost the whole package -- post skills, perimeter touch, shot-blocking, puts in on the floor, left hand..Really nice. That coach running the workout sure sounded impressed.

For those interested, here's part 1 of this kid's '08 workout video..Didn't see it at first the other day - found it just now:

They gotta be nuts not to pursue this guy hard. He's gotta be our guy to bolster the frontline.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
We went from talking Alex Ajinca to landing Tyson ****ing CHandler!!!! im on cloud 9 right now

finestrg

Rotation player
You all wanna laugh -- I still want this kid Ajinca if we could get him cheap. Securing Tyson Chandler doesn't change it for me.. Say if the price to first buy out Jordan from his overseas contract and then offer him a new one is greater than what we'd have to give Ajinca, I'll take Ajinca thank you. I think he's a better prospect than Jerome Jordan, simple as that. 2 yrs younger too. No brainer for me. LOL..